Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirborneLocksmith
All about the Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class cabins and seats

Link to the Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.
Link to the Boeing 777 Seating Guide thread for the latest seat maps

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. B&O noise cancelling headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating
Eight First Class Flagship suites by Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace), though they are not as spacious a seat as the original 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur
Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat
Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex [Link does not work]
Link to Steve Case's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input (red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

Business class seats
All 52 business class seats offer aisle access and convert to fully horizontal flat beds and feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the B&O noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic export jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs
Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).
  • Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video
  • Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup
Print Wikipost

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Do some rows in center J section have privacy dividers?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flew in 4A from DFW to HKG. It's a good seat. You'll have some galley noise for sure. I don't remember bathroom noise or smells at all. I wouldn't write it off solely for the distance to the galley or bathroom. I really enjoyed the shelf behind the seat. I sat my computer up there, newspaper, pillow, etc. during the flight. You also have the mini cabin so it feels more private. Service was good despite what some have said about the mini cabin.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Do some rows in center J section have privacy dividers?
There are no dividers. But, with the seat configuration, your line of sight is naturally "set back", so you would have to lean forward to make eye contact.

For additional privacy, you can leave open the door to the storage area at shoulder height you have at your seat.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jcatman
There are no dividers. But, with the seat configuration, your line of sight is naturally "set back", so you would have to lean forward to make eye contact.

For additional privacy, you can leave open the door to the storage area at shoulder height you have at your seat.
Thanks. Traveling with my wife and wanted to make sure I don't get stick with a raised divider.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by jrb CO
Probably will burn a couple SWU to upgrade to F for wife and I. F Cabin is currently wide open. Where would you sit as a couple?
2A and D
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Thanks. Traveling with my wife and wanted to make sure I don't get stick with a raised divider.
That's on the dreamliner, not the 777. You should check which plane you are on.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
That's on the dreamliner, not the 777. You should check which plane you are on.
DFW HKG, so 77W
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I flew this plane N733AR in J and it had no doors for the storage cupboard, replaced by two metal bars. Very weird. Wonder if it is the only frame like that? :P
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
DFW HKG, so 77W
Yeah, so 77W doesn't have dividers at all.
jcatman likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Yeah, so 77W doesn't have dividers at all.
Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Option to book an F or J seat (using miles) on the 77W from LAX-LHR. Only flown F on the 32B Transcon and never on the 77W. Is it worth the extra miles? Right now I am holding a good seat in the J Mini cabin which I am quite fond of, having sat there several times in the past.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by nw6338
Option to book an F or J seat (using miles) on the 77W from LAX-LHR. Only flown F on the 32B Transcon and never on the 77W. Is it worth the extra miles? Right now I am holding a good seat in the J Mini cabin which I am quite fond of, having sat there several times in the past.
IMO access to Flagship First Dining is worth it.

The seat and onboard experience vs. the J seat option... not so much.

YMMV.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Personal taste

I think it depends on your priorities. As a tall pax I find the extra seat length and width are worth the upgrade on long flight particularly overnight. The food options are better though entrees are often same as Business. For me the real espresso machine is a God send if I am working. Do not use Lounges much, so no comments there.
so I guess you decide what matters to you and judge accordingly. Short flights during day like JFK-LHR or ORD- LHR I often fly coach in MCE or exit row as I am comfortable and watch my own movies. But 5500 miles in coach is not fun. Business is OK but First is better. Caveat though is AA are taking the F out of the 772 aircraft and you could book first and find it is a Business only plane. Reservations warned me of this for travel next year.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Yes, for me the biggest priority will likely be quicker check in, first off the flight, and priority baggage handling.

Does AA offer priority baggage for first as BA does or is the same as J? I am connecting onto a separate ticket flight at LHR (on BA) so will have to get my bag and clear customs, unfortunately.

AA don't check bags through on separate OW tickets anymore, correct?

I'm not super tall so I'm really more concerned with quietness of the cabin and privacy than anything. I try to eat on the ground before the flight so I'm not too concerned about in flight dining and I don't drink alcohol when I fly so that's not a variable for me either.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Since AA stopped doing their own baggage handling at LHR I have not seen much difference on Priority bags. You may be lucky you may not. Very different from say JAL where the First Class bags beat me to the carousel and I used an e passport machine. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.