Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirborneLocksmith
All about the Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class cabins and seats

Link to the Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.
Link to the Boeing 777 Seating Guide thread for the latest seat maps

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. B&O noise cancelling headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating
Eight First Class Flagship suites by Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace), though they are not as spacious a seat as the original 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur
Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat
Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex [Link does not work]
Link to Steve Case's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input (red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

Business class seats
All 52 business class seats offer aisle access and convert to fully horizontal flat beds and feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the B&O noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic export jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs
Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).
  • Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video
  • Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup
Print Wikipost

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, One World Sapphire
seating a couple

Hi Guys

Just want to know whether its better to take the middle two seats (D&G) or window and isle (G&J) for a travelling couple? ie is there any benefit to being seated in the middle seats or should we just both get window seats (the cabin is very empty)

Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by funkydim
Hi Guys

Just want to know whether its better to take the middle two seats (D&G) or window and isle (G&J) for a travelling couple? ie is there any benefit to being seated in the middle seats or should we just both get window seats (the cabin is very empty)

Thanks
Are you in F or J? If in F then D&G are perfect as the seats can swivel towards each other which is good for the meal service

I can't recall how easy it is to talk between the middle seats in J as I've only ever been in a window seat
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
In J, if you move the seat forward (push the forward button on the control), you can see your neighbour easily and interact without trouble. If you're reclined, it's not as easy. That said, if you're across the aisle, it's much harder to do without annoying other passengers. I personally always go for two seats in the centre, but I couldn't care less about windows and I never have a problem interacting with my travel mate.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Microwave
In J, if you move the seat forward (push the forward button on the control), you can see your neighbour easily and interact without trouble. If you're reclined, it's not as easy. That said, if you're across the aisle, it's much harder to do without annoying other passengers. I personally always go for two seats in the centre, but I couldn't care less about windows and I never have a problem interacting with my travel mate.
Agree on all points

2DG o 3DG depending on which cabin Im in.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone has suggestion on J seats for two adults and two babies in seat?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by ilovetofly
Anyone has suggestion on J seats for two adults and two babies in seat?
are you talking lap babies?

Or 4 of you in 4 seats?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
are you talking lap babies?

Or 4 of you in 4 seats?
4 in 4 seats.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:34 am

4 in 4 seats.
personally I wouldt do J...I'd say 2 F with 2 lap babies would be my plan. there is space for a infant carrier in the seat anyway and each of you will be right there to care for the baby. You are not going to dine expansively, watch movies and sleep 5 hours no matter F or J, 2 seats or 4. Two seats in F seems the best overall solutuon instead of 4 smaller spaces.

However.... In J I would say 2 windows and two middles- so the 4 of you are in a 2x2 space.. Each adult will have to jump up, cross the isle and enter the babies' seat to care for them- Id guess you will wind up doing some 'switching around'... when they are on your lap, awake, fussing, playing they will be in your seat. Then put them down in their seat..... but if they wake maybe you go to their seat for a while to settle them.

You should consider how many hours will the babies be alone in their isolated seats sleeping by themselves... id predict less than 25% of the flight.

Two thoughts:

God Im glad mine are adults

Id hate be next to you. (And Im a pretty pro kid flyer too...)

GL
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
personally I wouldt do J...I'd say 2 F with 2 lap babies would be my plan. there is space for a infant carrier in the seat anyway and each of you will be right there to care for the baby. You are not going to dine expansively, watch movies and sleep 5 hours no matter F or J, 2 seats or 4. Two seats in F seems the best overall solutuon instead of 4 smaller spaces.

However.... In J I would say 2 windows and two middles- so the 4 of you are in a 2x2 space.. Each adult will have to jump up, cross the isle and enter the babies' seat to care for them- Id guess you will wind up doing some 'switching around'... when they are on your lap, awake, fussing, playing they will be in your seat. Then put them down in their seat..... but if they wake maybe you go to their seat for a while to settle them.

You should consider how many hours will the babies be alone in their isolated seats sleeping by themselves... id predict less than 25% of the flight.

Two thoughts:

God Im glad mine are adults

Id hate be next to you. (And Im a pretty pro kid flyer too...)

GL
GL, thanks for your input. I know you would hate to be next to me and it is understandable

Would you suggest to be in the bulkhead or all the way back in J?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:19 pm

GL, thanks for your input. I know you would hate to be next to me and it is understandable

Would you suggest to be in the bulkhead or all the way back in J?
For me and my wife, our impact on other travelers and guests trump all other considerations. Really. We would travel in F and people would be surprised to see a baby with us.

So Id want to be where I could get them taken care of. Front or rear of cabin by a bathroom or area where I can rock them, walk, etc.

3,4 or 5,6 might foot that bill. 3,4 is more isolated less traffic. Youd have fully 1/2 of that mini cabin. 3 is right behind F.

GL=Good Luck

Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I might suggest the 2x2 plan, but back in row 14 and 15. There are two toilets on each side–one is curtained off for business and one for coach, but it's a see-through mesh and you can easily see if the other toilet is unoccupied and use it if you need. These are also the only seats that are adjacent to a lav but not also adjacent to the galley, so maybe less chance of waking the little ones with clanging flatware or ice crushing. Just a thought!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:04 am

Thanks, Exec_Plat and Microwave. Between mini cabin and main J cabin, which will have less disturbance on other passengers?

Microwave, that is a great suggestion. Regarding seating, can two babies sit in one row and two accompanying adults on the next row? Since they will be in rear facing car seats, it may be easier to check on them on the row behind.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:40 am

Thanks, Exec_Plat and Microwave. Between mini cabin and main J cabin, which will have less disturbance on other passengers?

Microwave, that is a great suggestion. Regarding seating, can two babies sit in one row and two accompanying adults on the next row? Since they will be in rear facing car seats, it may be easier to check on them on the row behind.

Back of the main J cabin would probably also give you more room to walk/roam.

I do recall folks planning travel with a baby in a rear facing seat in F- since F has two seat belts (the foot ottoman is designed for someone to join in the suite and sit, dine, drink) they were going to put the car seat there. While you would need to hold them for takeoff and landing, otherwise they can hang in their seats in your individual area. You are arms distance away, and all 4 of you are in one visual area.

Admittedly, you will not be 'planking out' for a full bed sleep with the kid at the feet. But thats prolly not happening anyway. Do some research on this, pictures, search here, etc.

Food for thought. And I expect 2F are less than 4J.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Seat choice AA108 - 77W - Business (LAX-> LHR)

Hi,

Looking at business seats in the front section of business on the 77W from LAX to LHR

I can't find any decent pictures or description so are two people travelling together better in the middle seats D & G or can are they close enough to be able to talk, hold hands etc across the aisle in A & D or G & J?

Have been looking for any photos, but drawn a blank so far.

Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Looking at business seats in the front section of business on the 77W from LAX to LHR

I can't find any decent pictures or description so are two people travelling together better in the middle seats D & G or can are they close enough to be able to talk, hold hands etc across the aisle in A & D or G & J?

Have been looking for any photos, but drawn a blank so far.
As we have an existing thread on this topic with a lot of good information, I'll go ahead and merge this in.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.