Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 10, 19, 10:31 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
All About "77W" / Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class / F & J seats
Link to Economy / Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. Bose® QuietComfort® Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating

Eight First Class Flagship suites by Zodiac, though they are not as spacious a seat as the unrefurbished 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur (unlike 772 F)
Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat

Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

AA gallery link

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

c/o Airline Reporter link

First Class Flagship Suite c/o Airline Reporter link

F mini-cabinet with connectionsc/o Airline Reporter link
Business class seats

The Boeing 777-323ER / 77W has the best Business seats in the AA fleet, all with aisle access and fully horizontal flat seats. 52 standard (unmodified) Zodiac "Cirrus" Business Suite seats (similar to those offered by Cathay Pacific and EVA) feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The three prong Bose headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the Bose noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
Link to 360 degree panorama of Business class cabin from AA

Business Class Seats are Zodiac Aerospace "Cirrus" seats (similar to CX)
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs
Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

AA gallery link

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Connectivity by your shoulder
Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).

• AA video of 77W First Link

• Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video

• Link to AA photo gallery, seat map and where 77W flies, and links for 77W

• Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup

Revised 08 Apr 2016 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 13, 18, 8:10 am

Programs: whatever it takes
Just got an alert after waking up. Now in a window seat! Moved up a few rows. Don't mind if other people open their shades....from my recollection of AA Bus flight last year, I tend to just keep it open most of the time or at least partially. When I sleep I wear very comfy eyeshades - Bucky. Looking forward to the new Casper bedding....don't think I've ever slept in a Bus Class lie flat with a bed cover. (never flown int'l first and int'l bus / TransCon lie flat segments/flights < 10 times) Nor have I ever received pajamas.

Yes, looked at timeanddate.com sun map and can see mostly dark outside (And obviously leaving at 1:35am), but I think it's the idea of being able to look outside. "Sense of space" This will be my longest flight in quite a while. (Longest individual flight segments before are mostly 3,500-5,000 mile variety with a few outliers to SW Pacific) Did MIA-Cape Town-JNB many many moons ago - when lie flat didn't exist. Longer...but at the Cape Town stop I recall when they opened the door I looked outside without leaving.

This link shows the no window seat - row 11. Agent yesterday said there were no notes on row 11 not having a window. I expressed surprise, and hey maybe Seatguru was wrong. But...this seems pretty clear.
AA 777 Business Class

I guess technically there is a partial window you can manipulate.

copied from this informative thread
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Nov 29, 18, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, SPG Plat/LT Gold
I always like the window seats when flying alone - options for tonight are 15A or 10D. Any thoughts if 15A has too much traffic, noise, etc?
Old Nov 29, 18, 11:40 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Deleted.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Dec 1, 18 at 2:21 pm
Old Dec 30, 18, 1:24 pm

Has anyone ever been ousted by a FAM from row 4? I figured they always go closer to the front.
Old Dec 30, 18, 2:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Was in 4J LHR-JFK a few weeks ago. It was definitely noisy and had a lot of light pollution from the galley. In addition, I had a family taking all of Row 3 that were up & down constantly talking to each other. But, I do still like the mini cabin.
Old Jan 28, 19, 8:27 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Hi all, flying the "new" F for the first time in a few weeks GRU-DFW and wondering if there's any advice re: row 1 versus 2 and A versus J? I would doubt that there's a very big difference, but if I understand correctly there's not a galley between rows 2 (F) and 3 (J) while there is a galley in front of 1, so perhaps there's less noise and light in row 2? Right now the cabin is completely open so I have my choice of any seat but I'm sure that will change.

Any advice would be welcome!
Old Jan 28, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, HA, AA
Originally Posted by zpaul View Post
Hi all, flying the "new" F for the first time in a few weeks GRU-DFW and wondering if there's any advice re: row 1 versus 2 and A versus J? I would doubt that there's a very big difference, but if I understand correctly there's not a galley between rows 2 (F) and 3 (J) while there is a galley in front of 1, so perhaps there's less noise and light in row 2? Right now the cabin is completely open so I have my choice of any seat but I'm sure that will change.

Any advice would be welcome!
I like 1A. 1J has the bathroom in front which I do not like. Also rhd seats seem to be noisier.

Some people dislike row 1 due to galley noise and light. Some prefer Row 2. Personally I like 1A and find with earplugs, eye shade and Bose headsets I do not find any disturbance from the Galley. Row 2 is fine but I would always go for A over J because of the toilet issue.
zpaul likes this.
Old Jan 28, 19, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by rjlon View Post
I like 1A. 1J has the bathroom in front which I do not like. Also rhd seats seem to be noisier.

Some people dislike row 1 due to galley noise and light. Some prefer Row 2. Personally I like 1A and find with earplugs, eye shade and Bose headsets I do not find any disturbance from the Galley. Row 2 is fine but I would always go for A over J because of the toilet issue.
I prefer row 2 because I feel it has slightly more privacy than the seats in row 1, but wouldn't hesitate for 1A either. I also far prefer the A side due to the toilet being there, but more-so because there is limited bin space on the J side and that the ceiling lighting strip from the mini Business cabin feeds into F over 2J (often First will be done serving meals before Business, so the lights in First may be turned off but there's a bright light over 2J).
zpaul likes this.
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:15 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Business class has more privacy then First

IMO looking at the photos, the business class herringbone seats on a 777-3000ER have more privacy then the first class seats AA seem to have got the classes the wrong way around lol
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:19 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by GodAtum View Post
IMO looking at the photos
Why not try both products first, before relying on someone else's photos to form your opinions?
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GodAtum View Post
IMO looking at the photos, the business class herringbone seats on a 777-3000ER have more privacy then the first class seats AA seem to have got the classes the wrong way around lol
The less said about this the better ... AA 77W / 777-300ER Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:22 pm

I feel this is kind of true of JAL's current business and first products too. The business seats are like little cubbies, so they have a lot of privacy, while the first class seats are larger and made to feel more open.
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:23 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I fly in Flagship First a lot, Flagship Business less so. I flew on the AA 777-300ERs first several voyages, in fact, once in First and once in Business.

The privacy issue is a bit deceiving just from Fotos. There are fewer seats in First, and it is often not full. Each seat has a lot more space around it. If you use the swivel option, you are cut off from the rest of the plane in a way, facing the window with the massive seat to shield you.

Both classes are in a 2-2-2- configuration, but the Flagship First seats have more features, more settings, and 3 ways you can face.

The business suites are smaller and more compact, which does impart a feeling of great privacy, I should mention.
Old Feb 10, 19, 1:10 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jspira View Post
I fly in Flagship First a lot, Flagship Business less so. I flew on the AA 777-300ERs first several voyages, in fact, once in First and once in Business.

The privacy issue is a bit deceiving just from Fotos. There are fewer seats in First, and it is often not full. Each seat has a lot more space around it. If you use the swivel option, you are cut off from the rest of the plane in a way, facing the window with the massive seat to shield you.

Both classes are in a 2-2-2- configuration, but the Flagship First seats have more features, more settings, and 3 ways you can face.

The business suites are smaller and more compact, which does impart a feeling of great privacy, I should mention.
i just flew LAX>LHR in F and it was a 1-2-1...
Old Feb 10, 19, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
Why not try both products first, before relying on someone else's photos to form your opinions?
It’s true though.

Search this Thread