Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirborneLocksmith
All about the Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class cabins and seats

Link to the Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.
Link to the Boeing 777 Seating Guide thread for the latest seat maps

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. B&O noise cancelling headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating
Eight First Class Flagship suites by Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace), though they are not as spacious a seat as the original 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur
Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat
Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex [Link does not work]
Link to Steve Case's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input (red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

Business class seats
All 52 business class seats offer aisle access and convert to fully horizontal flat beds and feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the B&O noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic export jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs
Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).
  • Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video
  • Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup
Print Wikipost

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: The red, white, blue and silver one....
If two Jetbridges were connected, F and Mini cabin leave through the front door (Door 1L) and the rest through the second (2L), reduces congestion at the door and gets people off sooner. Then if need be, once the front portion of the cabin has cleared out, the people in the left isle can disembark through 2L whilst right isle goes through 1L, although, I've never been that far back to see it myself
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by scnzzz
Good to know. I'm on 136 in a week or so and was dreading the schlep on the bus out to the remote gates...does anyone know if 135/136 are permanently housed at TBIT now?
I think it is barring something unforseen. Much more convenient to save 30+ min. With Global was to the curb within 20 minutes of deboarding plane
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scnzzz
Good to know. I'm on 136 in a week or so and was dreading the schlep on the bus out to the remote gates...does anyone know if 135/136 are permanently housed at TBIT now?
135 arrives TBIT 136 departs t4 normally gate 41 as prior.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uscjeff
I think it is barring something unforseen. Much more convenient to save 30+ min. With Global was to the curb within 20 minutes of deboarding plane
Originally Posted by rjlon
135 arrives TBIT 136 departs t4 normally gate 41 as prior.
Thanks...good to know!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Has AA installed a galley curtain so row 1 in F is not blinded with light? I'm almost considering staying in J rather than burning an SWU (or getting on the waitlist, I should say) for an upcoming DFW-HKG flight, as the only seats available are in row 1 and light pollution makes it impossible to sleep for me. And before someone mentions it, I hate eye masks and can't sleep with one on. Don't even get me started about hearing the FA's chatting all night in the galley - that makes sleep 100% impossible, even with an Ambien.

Last edited by callmedtop; Jan 25, 2015 at 5:32 pm
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I have the entire J cabin to choose from in terms of seats. Are people still finding that the mini cabin gets neglected service wise, or is it better than the main J cabin? I'm currently in 3J.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I have the entire J cabin to choose from in terms of seats. Are people still finding that the mini cabin gets neglected service wise, or is it better than the main J cabin? I'm currently in 3J.
All my 77W flights have been in 3J (5 total so far, 6th today). I can't compare to the main J cabin service but I've not really found myself wanting for additional attention. Last week's flight was pretty good service with regular checking in before/during/shortly after food service. Not a whole not of noticed checks/walk-bys after that, but I was also beat from a redeye and ready to sleep anyways. I personally like the mini cabin small feel.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Freccia Alta, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Best Business seating for a couple in 777-300ER?

Hi

I'm travelling LHR->LAX (BA1679, operated by AA) with my wife on a business class booking.

I've not flown on this herringbone seating before and am looking forward to it! Currently row 3 is open and the separate cabin looks attractive.

My question is, at some point during the 11.5 hours flight I'll probably have a conversation with my wife! Which arrangement would work best for us?

First option as I see it are 3A+3D, where we'd be talking across the aisle. Is this possible? Can PAX see each other in this config?

Second option is to take 3D+3G. If the partition is down, how easy is it to communicate with your neighbour in the centre section?

Any feedback on this would be welcome, it seems like AA are concentrating on providing a very private experience for passengers.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I was in 4J for a JFK LHR "short hop" in September and wanted to sleep as much as possible. I asked for the ice cream sundae for dinner and was asleep shortly thereafter. Woken up about one hour before landing. It was nice not having anyone walk by the seat and service was not a concern. If you are going to be on a longer flight (Hong Kong or Săo Paulo), you may see less service.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:11 am

It's not really possible to have a conversation across the aisle, you can't even see the passenger in the seat across from you (they are facing 90 degrees away from you). If you want to converse, or even be able to see each other, you'll need two seats in the middle. You'll still have to look around the center partition a bit to see each other though.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:01 am

I have not sat in row 3, but twice I have sat in seats that were two rows from the galley/bathroom. Row 3 is two rows in front of the galley/bathroom. I would have wished that I had sat further from the galley/bathroom as the noise did keep me up. I also would recommend the 2 center seats, as it was quite easy to have conversations with my wife when we occupied the center seats. However, remember you cannot directly walk to the opposite center seat and must walk around to reach the companion center seat.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Thanks guys.....weirdly I am on DFW-HKG and currently am the only person in J according to the seat map (I know that will change and fill up). I guess I'll stick with 3J to try out the mini cabin as my prior HKG flights were in the main cabin (service was great).
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Freccia Alta, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
However, remember you cannot directly walk to the opposite center seat and must walk around to reach the companion center seat.
Not sure what sort of activities you're imagining ;-)

Thanks for the advice all, middle seats are selected!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by kpfleming
It's not really possible to have a conversation across the aisle, you can't even see the passenger in the seat across from you (they are facing 90 degrees away from you). If you want to converse, or even be able to see each other, you'll need two seats in the middle. You'll still have to look around the center partition a bit to see each other though.
[not directed to anyone in particular]

Public service announcement:

if you want to converse with your significant other, TAKE OFF THE DAMN BOSE HEADPHONES!!!!!

Middle seats or wherever.

You're welcome.

I'll give away a calculus I use. 3A or 3J, any day, all the time. (well after anything in 1 or 2)

But if I have to sit in the main J, I feel there is a 'balancing point' whereby people will get up to use the restroom..I want to be AT that point. Everyone in front of me goes forward, everyone behind me uses the rear. The trick is picking that point. IMO it isnt mathematical (ie not half way). There is an allure to the forward cabin. This way I minimizer the walking by, hitting the seats. For me 5-9 are nevers.

Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
77W J question

Looking forward to my first 77W J flight in April. I was thinking though..since J in these birds is so good..why would you book first? Is the cost increase really worth it? Or are people just upgrading with points??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.