Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 27, 20, 2:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
All About "77W" / Boeing 777-323ER Business and First Class / F & J seats

Link to Economy / Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra seating thread.

All 8 First and 52 Business seats recline to horizontally flat, have full aisle access and are isolated from other seats; they offer folding flat screen AVOD with touchscreen monitor that offers on-demand entertainment with up to 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games, 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi is offered for sale. Bose® QuietComfort® Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones are available for use in flight (generally picked up an hour prior to arrival), and both cabins feature a walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments.

First Class seating

Eight First Class Flagship suites by Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace), though they are not as spacious a seat as the original 772 F suite, offer 82” / 208 cm of pitch and 36” width in a herringbone 1-2-1 configuration; they become a fully horizontal 6’ 8” bed with retractable arm rests extending the width; turndown service provides a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, amenity kit and pajamas. Seats swivel, diners in D-G First suites can dine face to face with privacy screen lowered. Each suite has two folding tables.

Last few flihgts noise canceling headphones were Bang and Olufsen no longer Bose. Maybe with new model from Bose they have switched back. Either way, excellent products.
  • A and D, and G and J are not aligned / are slightly offset (contrary to Seatguru and other seat charts).
  • D and G pairs have a high privacy screen that can be raised / lowered.
  • Note that 1D and G have no bins, so bin contention does occur (unlike 772 F)

Link to Ben Schlappig aka Lucky / The Boarding Area review of AA 77W F seat

Link to Rocky Horan's review of 77W F seat and service on Travel Codex

AA gallery link

There are a large folding flat 17" touch screen AVOD, two 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack (see here). The seat controls are in an iPhone like touch controller.

c/o Airline Reporter link

First Class Flagship Suite c/o Airline Reporter link

F mini-cabinet with connectionsc/o Airline Reporter link
Business class seats

The Boeing 777-323ER / 77W has the best Business seats in the AA fleet, all with aisle access and fully horizontal flat seats. 52 standard (unmodified) Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace) "Cirrus" Business Suite seats (similar to those offered by Cathay Pacific and EVA) feature 75” pitch, 26” wide (at its widest point, so less in actuality) fully horizontal seats in a 1-2-1 "pod" configuration offer full AVOD through large flat folding screens and a Panasonic eX2 IFE system, retractable aisle arm rests. The seats move forward and aft to adjust distance fro service table, etc. The three prong Bose headset jack is behind a small stowage door at shoulder height that holds the Bose noise reducing headsets, personal light and air vent, 110 VAC and 5 VDC USB power, RCA composite input ( red, white and yellow) and a Panasonic eXport jack link), touch seat controls, AVOD corded hand controller. Some storage, including shoe stowage, is available. The center seat pairs do not provide close seating for couples.

Link to JPA Design Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus Business Class seat page.
Link to 360 degree panorama of Business class cabin from AA

Business Class Seats are Safran (nee Zodiac Aerospace) "Cirrus" seats (similar to CX)
  • 3A-J people like privacy, only single window
  • 4A-4J too noisy (galley and lav close) for some
  • rows 3 and 4 have reports of being somewhat ignored by J cabin crew
  • Row 5 has only single window, close to galley and lavs / noisy
  • Row 7 one window, 7A overhead stowage taken by O2 equipment
  • Row 11 has no windows
  • Row 12 is at the wing root; 13-15 downward views impaired by the wing
  • Row 15 is positioned directly in front of the Economy lavs

Link to The Points Guy 77W J seat and services review by Sarah Silbert and photos by Zach Honig.

AA gallery link

Center Business seat (c/o The Points Guy) link to review

Connectivity by your shoulder
Service caveats: some crew variability, and some crews excessively noisy in the galleys. Applies in F, J including J minicabin.
  • The seat selection sites (seatguru, seatexpert) are often mostly correct, and are not 100% reliable in any case (seatguru has 77W seat chart corrected errors).

• AA video of 77W First Link

• Link to The Points Guy Business a Class and seat review with photos and video

• Link to AA photo gallery, seat map and where 77W flies, and links for 77W

• Link to (amateurish) Youtube video of 77W seats in mockup

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 9, 13, 3:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
Originally Posted by farrish11 View Post
Either combination should give you sufficient separation from your wife. For maximum separation, book yourself in the mini-cabin and put her in row 14 or 15. If you're looking for more subtlety, try booking 4A/5A or 4L/5L. This will still put you in separate cabins but gives you the colorable defense of "I thought 4A and 5A were beside each other!". As always, YMMV.
I chose 3J/4J for us - just far enough apart.......
Old Feb 9, 13, 7:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiFlyer View Post
I chose 3J/4J for us - just far enough apart.......
IMHO 4A - 4J 6A - 6J Row 3 doesn't go in here just because it's a bulkhead. Now galley noise will be a problem on row 4 regardless. The layout of the aircraft doesn't leave much room for the crews to work so they will congregate around there.
Old Feb 9, 13, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Would be interested as well in hearing about the mini cabin. Would be for me and the wife and it is a 10:30am LHR-JFK departure (assuming the plane remains a 77W of course).
Old Feb 10, 13, 3:22 am

Programs: The red, white, blue and silver one....
77W J-Mini, a trick?

Folks,

We all know that if you pre-book seats, they are always subject to change via the Airline.

I'm Booked to fly the 77W LHR-DFW-LHR this summer, outbound row 4, inbound LHR row 3. Now, ive pre-booked them etc etc, but, as some have been describing it, it is an elite, private Biz suite, that is almost first class like. Does this mean when i go to check in on the day, they are likely to say "sorry, we've had to change you round to row5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15"? Because of more executive, higher status people would get priority over the mini cabin?

Thanks for feedback!
Old Feb 10, 13, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
I think you worry too much

The seat is the same, the service should be the same, it is even conceivable that service will be a little worse there as there will be less cause for a FA to be in the cabin.

The only possible benefits I can see are that it may be a little quieter and that you may get to exit a little quicker as F will be leaving through the same cabin.

AA does not make a habit of bouncing customers out of seats, unlike some other airlines, so I see nothing to get concerned about here at all.
Old Feb 10, 13, 4:50 am

Programs: The red, white, blue and silver one....
Thank you Mark_T ! Makes me feel happier!
Old Feb 10, 13, 6:30 am
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
so you know, the row 4 can be noisy due to galley FA talks, dishes, food, etc.
I've flown row 3 the other day and I could listen the FA talking all night from my seat.

Originally Posted by SpeedBird17Victor View Post
Folks,

We all know that if you pre-book seats, they are always subject to change via the Airline.

I'm Booked to fly the 77W LHR-DFW-LHR this summer, outbound row 4, inbound LHR row 3. Now, ive pre-booked them etc etc, but, as some have been describing it, it is an elite, private Biz suite, that is almost first class like. Does this mean when i go to check in on the day, they are likely to say "sorry, we've had to change you round to row5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15"? Because of more executive, higher status people would get priority over the mini cabin?

Thanks for feedback!
Old Feb 10, 13, 7:03 am

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
The earplugs in premium cabin amenity kits are more than effective at blocking out conversations and other noises when seated near a galley.
Old Feb 10, 13, 7:03 pm
wpj

On the 963 no issues with FEBO on 3J all options were avail. but I have not paid attention if they have started all the way back or they split orders by cabin.

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis View Post
Originally Posted by sellouts View Post
I am interested in knowing how FEBO is handled with regards to the mini cabin.

I'm tempted with the privacy of the mini cabin but would like a choice on meals.
+1.

Any experiences with the mini cabin on odd numbered flights?
Old Feb 10, 13, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1 MM) | BA Silver | SPG Plat | Former EK Gold, CO Plat and AF Gold | Global Entry
Originally Posted by wpj View Post
On the 963 no issues with FEBO on 3J all options were avail. but I have not paid attention if they have started all the way back or they split orders by cabin.
Thanks for the report!

Also, any additional reports from row 4 regarding galley noise would be appreciated. I am flying JFK-GRU in May with the significant other, and right now we have the row 4 middle seats booked (row 3 isn't available), but would move to the 'main' J cabin if the noise is annoying enough in row 4 mini cabin for an overnight flight.
Old Feb 11, 13, 5:36 pm
wpj

video of J mini cabin, and a sneak peek of F

hi I've uploaded a video of the whole experience in AA963 from the mini cabin in J, overhead space, seats, IFE, takoff and landing, food, etc. you can see some of the F cabin as well on the video. kind of Long but hope everyone can see things.

video here

I have not flown in the back, but I guess the best J seat is 3A, just because you get off the plane faster. then 3J.
Old Feb 11, 13, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
My apologies, I meant 3J and 4J, not "L". So if a party of three were traveling together, and two were in 4D and 4H, would it be better for the third to be in 4J or would 3J be in closer proximity (all things being relative).

Are rows 3 and 4 slightly staggered between the centers and outside seats? If in 4D/4H would 3L be closer than 4L?

Last edited by fed planner; Feb 12, 13 at 7:38 am Reason: Posting too late at night, apparently.
Old Feb 22, 13, 3:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Guys if I understand this correctly AA follows FEBO even in business class on international routes? From your experience how important is it to take it into account when selecting seats? Can it be that only one option is available if we are the last ones to be asked for our preference? We want to opt for 3A/4A on the outbound and on the inbound on our upcoming trip.
Old Feb 22, 13, 8:22 am

Programs: AA PLT (1 Million Miler); SPG Platinum; HHonors Gold
I flew in 7D from Sao Paulo to DFW on the evening of Feb 16th and it was a great experience! Chose row 7 because it was the fartherst forward D/H combination available on an even-numbered flight. The new seats are very private, regardless of where you are sitting. My fiancee was in 7H and we were definitely able to chat when we slid our seats forward in flight, but it was a bit of a challenge during takeoff and landing. I do agree with Seat Guru that 4A and 4D are a bit close to the lav, which could be a nuisance while trying to sleep.
Old Feb 22, 13, 12:30 pm

Best 77W / 777-300ER First Class / F seat (consolidated)

I just booked mileage award seat in F on AA50, departing 30 April from DFW to LHR. This is my first flight on an AA 777W and I am looking foward to this trip, particularly given all the publicity about the new level of comfort, service, etc. on the 777W. Any recommendations as to preferred seating? Right now, all seats are available (I chose 1J as this is my preferred seat on a 777-200). BTW, was only able to get award seat by asking agent to refer my request to revenue/yield management and they were able to open a seat.

Thoughts/comments.

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: