Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Buy AA Miles Promo, up to 30,000 bonus miles, 1.83 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy AA Miles Promo, up to 30,000 bonus miles, 1.83 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:25 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Even better the Bonus Miles now post in Days instead of Months as previous promotions^
Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Around $1,800 for 90k miles when LHR-LAX-OGG rtn in winter in biz/first is 100k?

This household is tempted
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Three questions:

1) does it count towards status?
2) If I want to primarily use it on BA from TLV-LHR in J, how can I make sure that there is decent availability on this route before I spend the money?
3) Can I do an award that is one way in Y and the return in J?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:55 am

No; use the British Airways website to check; yes.

Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
really considering this

This is quite tempting - not only is it good cpm but it'll help me meet minimum spend on my spg amex (might as well use that since i won't get double miles using a AA visa). Definitely would like to accrue enough miles to go somewhere in J - if i read the award chart right, that's 110K for a r/t?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks

Is the BA website accurate with regard to awards? With Delta for example, if I check the AF website, it shows seats as available then when I call Delta to book they say they have no award inventory.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
If my calc is correct, CPM for 60,000+30,000 will be 2.01.(after 7.5% tax + $35 fee)

I have no interest in this but I agree this is a good deal.
At $1350 for the miles needed for a FIRST CLASS ticket round trip from SJU-MIA-SFO-HKG-BKK (SFO-HKG-BKK on Cathay) with a stopover in SFO in each direction, I just had to buy it.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:25 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by mvoight
At $1350 for the miles needed for a FIRST CLASS ticket round trip from SJU-MIA-SFO-HKG-BKK (SFO-HKG-BKK on Cathay) with a stopover in SFO in each direction, I just had to buy it.
Think you need to redo your math..Your need 135,000 Miles for a First Class RT to BKK, perhaps you have looked and calculated based on the One Way Chart.

Plus of course you have the added problem of CX First Class AAward availbility SFO-HKG.

Last edited by UncleDude; Nov 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by NYTA
Is the BA website accurate with regard to awards? With Delta for example, if I check the AF website, it shows seats as available then when I call Delta to book they say they have no award inventory.
Generally yes, but you can also crosscheck with the Qantas website to be doubly sure
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by belfordrocks

Why would you use the BA website instead of aa.com to check award-seat availability on BA metal? The aa.com award search is easier to use, and does not require any log in.

Without commenting on the relative merits of each carrier's J-class service on the TLV-LON route, I note that AA miles can be redeemed for travel on either BA or LY. (LY serves both LHR and LTN from TLV.)

Since aa.com does not support award redemptions on LY metal, to check LY award-seat availability and/or redeem on LY, you would have to call AA, and pay the telephone-ticketing fee; but you would not have to pay any fuel surcharges for a redemption on LY.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:18 am

Fuel surcharges on LY for awards were the main reason I stopped flying LY
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by NYTA
Fuel surcharges on LY for awards were the main reason I stopped flying LY
Was that using LY frequent flyer miles to redeem on LY?

What guv1976 is saying is that if redeeming AA miles to fly on LY there are no fuel surcharges
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:49 am

Yes it was. And I understood the comment.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:07 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:50 am
Old Nov 18, 2012, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by angatol
This recently came up on the BAEC forum. There is very poor availability for J on this route.
I just looked this up on AA.com. There are almost no J award seats available. I guess I won't be buying these miles then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.