Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dwugson
JFK to LHR in May, business
  • Choose later
  • Porcini Crusted Filet Mignon Porcini Crusted Filet Mignon
    chanterelle mushroom corn pudding, roasted asparagus, Café de Paris butter
  • Bourbon-Glazed Salmon Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
    fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken
    wild mushroom and pea risotto, giardiniera
  • Santa Fe-Style Enchiladas Santa Fe-Style Enchiladas
    roasted squash, baby spinach, queso fresco, grilled corn
Same selection for my April TATL Eastbound into LHR.
Wondering, if anybody has tried the chicken?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
LAX-IAD, looks like the decision is too heavy/greasy vs. not a substantial meal, any thoughts? Is this is a good opportunity for a special order?

Split Buttermilk Biscuit
Split Buttermilk Biscuit topped with scrambled eggs and chicken chorizo cream gravy
Continental Fruit Plate
Continental Fruit Plate granola, vanilla Greek yogurt

Last edited by WheelsFirst; Apr 17, 2018 at 5:29 pm Reason: formatting chage
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
LAX-IAD, looks like the decision is too heavy/greasy vs. not a substantial meal, any thoughts? Is this is a good opportunity for a special order?

Split Buttermilk Biscuit
Split Buttermilk Biscuit topped with scrambled eggs and chicken chorizo cream gravy
Continental Fruit Plate

I've had both, the biscuit with the chorizo is actually pretty darn good and one of the better airplane breakfasts IMO, but as you note its far from something the American Heart Association would recommend one eat regularly though most things that are tasty seem to fall into that category! The fruit plate with granola and yogurt is actually more substantial than it sounds, its usually a decent sized plate of fruit plus you get a bowl-like (the plates are not really deep enough to qualify as bowls) thing of granola which when mixed with the yogurt is decently filling. Plus keep in mind that you will also get a bread choice too and that flight should have a snack basket later in the flight as well. I've never felt hungry after having the fruit plate meal...I have felt fatter and happier after the chorizo egg dish though
chrisny2, WheelsFirst and zpaul like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
@ryan182, thanks! Very helpful.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Same selection for my April TATL Eastbound into LHR.
Wondering, if anybody has tried the chicken?
Overall nice sounding choices - agree, the chicken sounds tempting. However on the late flight so might end up sleeping instead of eating and take advantage of the arrivals lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: ual,aa
DFW-AMS mid May in J: 4 meal choices just listed as: Tamarind Ginger Beef; Panko Crusted Prawns; Grilled Herbed Chicken with Tikka Masala Sauce; and Kale & Sunflower Pesto Campanelle. Haven't made a choice yet.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst

Split Buttermilk Biscuit
Continental Fruit Plate
LAX-DCA later this week:

Steel Cut Oatmeal
brown sugar, various fruit garnishes

Montamoré Cheese Omelette
with kale pesto, paprika potatoes and Italian chicken sausage

I would rather have the biscuit deliciousness. I've chosen the Hindu breakfast (no idea what Hindu breakfast will be, but VFTW made Hindu lunch sound good.) and I'll buy a breakfast sandwich to bring onboard.

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
PHL-MAN choices in mid-May:
  • Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef Brussels sprouts, basmati rice
  • Panko Crusted Prawns roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus
  • Grilled Herbed Chicken tomato quinoa rice, haricots verts, tikka masala sauce
  • Kale and Sunflower Seed Pesto Campanelle roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, shaved Parmesan
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by anc-ord772

I would rather have the biscuit deliciousness. I've chosen the Hindu breakfast (no idea what Hindu breakfast will be, but VFTW made Hindu lunch sound good.) and I'll buy a breakfast sandwich to bring onboard.

​​​​​​​
Will be eager to hear your photo/review. Back before the UA/CO merger, I used to order Hindu breakfasts, and they were delicious Indian breakfasts.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
JFK - LAX has a new breakfast line up (at least new to me), thank the lord after my last breakfast on this route:

beef filet with eggs (my choice)
banana bread french toast
bagel and spreads with smoked salmon
Old May 1, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by florens
PHL-MAN choices in mid-May:
  • Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef Brussels sprouts, basmati rice
  • Panko Crusted Prawns roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus
  • Grilled Herbed Chicken tomato quinoa rice, haricots verts, tikka masala sauce
  • Kale and Sunflower Seed Pesto Campanelle roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, shaved Parmesan
These are the same options on our DFW-AMS trip at the end of May.

Beef, I’d think would be tough as leather.

Prawns, I’ve had these before and they were terrible. Total greasy mess.

Kale and Sunflower kryptonite, like what is this even? Just a bunch of random stuff thrown on a plate?

Grilled Chicken, you had me until Tikka Masala sauce.

Sigh. Can’t they just offer something semi normal. i.e. a simple grilled chicken breast and some rice or mashed potatoes and vegetables or a simple pasta like a baked ziti or ravioli or something?
Old May 2, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Sigh. Can’t they just offer something semi normal. i.e. a simple grilled chicken breast and some rice or mashed potatoes and vegetables or a simple pasta like a baked ziti or ravioli or something?

Of course not. Then they couldn't justify raising their fares because of the fancy chef they hired.

Douggie is predicting fare increases because of fuel prices, but the fare increases up front will actually be due to paying for ridiculous fancy chefs.

And making food confusing doesn't make it any better. I was astounded when I flew Qatar (using AA miles) to South Africa, because it was the first time that I'd had airplane food which was better than some on-the-ground restaurant food. (In fact, it was almost a week on the ground in South Africa before I had food at a restaurant that at least matched the qualify of the Qatar in-air meals.) I didn't even think airplane food better than on-the-ground food was possible before that. That's what AA should be aiming at, not confusing you into thinking it's your fault that the food tastes bad because you ordered the wrong selection because you didn't understand the menu. But I'm not holding my breath...

Last edited by sdsearch; May 2, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Old May 3, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
PHL - FLL on April 27. Travel companion preordered the cheese plate. Cheese plate not loaded. Flight attendant knew this from the time we boarded, yet still took her order last. Ended up with choice 3 out of 3 even though preordering occurred. Notably, this is my first preorder issue on countless meal flights. Oh well. I had some of her raviolis!
Old May 7, 2018, 8:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly

They have the simple grilled chicken on the domestic meal rotation and it's typically dry and flavorless. I'd love some sauce such at tikka masala on it!
Old May 8, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
What’s expected for meals in J on BCN-ORD?

The flight leaves BCN at like 3pm so I assume the main meal that you can pre order will be served shortly after take off and is considered dinner.

The flight lands around 6pm in ORD. So what should I expect for the second meal/snack in J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.