Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Abidjan
So how is the chicken piccata?
The version they've been serving since last year is pretty gross. I haven't seen any pics of an improved chicken picatta, so I'd recommend avoiding it and grabbing something at the airport.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
stick with pasta dishes... for now.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
In short, bad.

It's a poor piece of some vague variety of white meat slathered in an oddly brown colored, very goopy/saucy gel like substance. If you're a fan of chicken piccata in its typical form, I would say you'd be pretty appalled by what will be plated in front of you. Come with crunchy rice and frozen green/wax beans.

The artichoke ravioli, while not really great itself, is definitely less bad.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Ha, thanks everyone for the quick help. FT comes through again. Lesser of two evils it appears with this meal selection.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
My choice is to have the nuts and a drink then sleep, skipping both meal services. AA meals are quite detestible and Flagship F is now the same as is Business, which is to say borderline inedible.

Of course I only from international F or C a few times per month. Possibly there are routes that ar4 better, but I doubt it.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Upcoming 6/19 BOS-DFW shows pre order options of Chicken and Pear salad, w/ roasted beets, goat cheese, . balsalmic vinaigrette or Kale and spinich Ravioli w/ Mediterranean tomato sauce . I know the common wisdom is to stick with the Pasta dishes. any track record with either of these? RT
Old May 26, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by roadtriper
Upcoming 6/19 BOS-DFW shows pre order options of Chicken and Pear salad, w/ roasted beets, goat cheese, . balsalmic vinaigrette or Kale and spinich Ravioli w/ Mediterranean tomato sauce . I know the common wisdom is to stick with the Pasta dishes. any track record with either of these? RT
The salad sounds like one of the pre-9/1 salads that AA served & if it is, that would be my choice. Had it many times & liked it very much.
Old May 26, 2015, 5:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roadtriper
I think it's this salad:

I wasn't that big a fan of it...I'd go with the pasta.
Old May 26, 2015, 6:11 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Longboater
stick with pasta dishes... for now.
Originally Posted by cmd320
In short, bad.

The artichoke ravioli, while not really great itself, is definitely less bad.
We had it yesterday (the chicken) and it wasn't all that bad. Obviously quite a bit more healthful than a pasta item (rice excluded) and, while it could be better, the chicken was moist and the green and wax beans were not particularly overcooked.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Longboater
It has happened before in which instead of the entree ordered, a different entree was actually loaded instead. Personally, stick with the pasta dishes as the safest choice as pasta is always the second choice for preordering.
Had this happen today -- preorder was for a salmon of some kind, but we ended up preselected for a shrimp and pesto orzo salad instead. I would have thought I was misremembering, but the guy across the aisle said it first.

I noticed that the manifest only notes the meal category -- in this case "SEAF" for seafood.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
I think it's this salad:

http://cmk10.smugmug.com/Travel/City-of-New-Orleans/i-LCwF5j5/0/L/IMG_4378-L.jpg

I wasn't that big a fan of it...I'd go with the pasta.
Thanks! Great Photo, Nice Cold Sam, watching the game from your "Skybox" ...

Last edited by JY1024; May 28, 2015 at 12:47 pm Reason: remove img tag from quoted post
Old May 28, 2015, 11:39 am

Cannot pre-select meal online

My flight was upgraded (using 500 mile upgrades), but I do not see an option to pre-select meal under reservation options. It's a LAX-IAH flight departing before 8 PM next week. Is upgraded flight not eligible for meal pre-selection?
Old May 28, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jktraveler
My flight was upgraded (using 500 mile upgrades), but I do not see an option to pre-select meal under reservation options. It's a LAX-IAH flight departing before 8 PM next week. Is upgraded flight not eligible for meal pre-selection?
I have seen this happen if there is meal service, it does not save. This happened to me when I was trying to save the selection while the upgrade was still on request and not processed. Once ticketed I was able to save.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:48 am

In my case there is nothing to save cause the option itself is missing completely. The upgrade is confirmed.

Originally Posted by ChurchofTee
I have seen this happen if there is meal service, it does not save. This happened to me when I was trying to save the selection while the upgrade was still on request and not processed. Once ticketed I was able to save.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jktraveler
In my case there is nothing to save cause the option itself is missing completely. The upgrade is confirmed.
Then there is no meal on that route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.