Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: philemer
Wiki Link
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 9, 22, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy View Post
According to reports in the domestic meal thread, domestic non-Flagship meal ordering restarts April 13th... We seem to be getting close.
Are mealtimes expanded now? I've received several meal flights after 20:00 now, even though the previous cutoff was 20:00. Granted, not hot meals, but a meal nonetheless...
Old Apr 9, 22, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy View Post
According to reports in the domestic meal thread, domestic non-Flagship meal ordering restarts April 13th... We seem to be getting close.
Thanks! Our flight is the 14th, so I'll give you a report.

Mike
Spanish likes this.
Old May 8, 22, 9:00 am

I'm trying to reserve a meal (lunch) for my flight back from Athens on 5/30. However, the website and the app just say "Choose later" and the only options available are the special meals. I was able to reserve my meal to Athens just fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is here. Is it possible they haven't loaded the menu yet and I should wait until closer to the return flight? Or is there something else I can try?

Thanks!
Spanish likes this.
Old May 9, 22, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post
Thanks! Our flight is the 14th, so I'll give you a report.

Mike
Looking forward to it, Mike.

Originally Posted by smcalist83 View Post
I'm trying to reserve a meal (lunch) for my flight back from Athens on 5/30. However, the website and the app just say "Choose later" and the only options available are the special meals. I was able to reserve my meal to Athens just fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is here. Is it possible they haven't loaded the menu yet and I should wait until closer to the return flight? Or is there something else I can try?

Thanks!
Are the flights ex-intl not loading menus yet for orders? Anyone else have a recent data point?
Old May 9, 22, 6:31 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Spanish View Post
Looking forward to it, Mike.

Are the flights ex-intl not loading menus yet for orders? Anyone else have a recent data point?
I pre-ordered for LHR-MIA no issue this past weekend with no issues.
Old Jun 20, 22, 10:35 pm

Meal choice is only "Choose Later"?

Originally Posted by smcalist83 View Post

Thanks!
I am having the same issue. I am 21 days from departure but I only get a "Choose Later" option, and the special meals. Has anyone seen this and had it resolved?
Old Jun 26, 22, 5:40 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Prior to the COVID service cuts, regular fliers recommended pre-ordering the Special Asian Vegetarian meal for a “fresher” and “better quality” meal. Now that special meals are back on the pre-order list for domestic flights, does this practice still hold true?

Search this Thread