Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:20 pm

Was just in LAX twice during the past 2 months for 2 HKG trips, and was thoroughly disappointed to not see the FL open yet. Term 4 AC was "re-opened" but no FL. Since I originated from ORD, and as a OW Emerald / AA EXP have the capability to utilize these lounges on international itineraries, I have to say I was very disappointed in the options currently available at LAX.... which is basically, 1 option. The Qantas First Class Lounge. Talk about a lounge that needs an overhaul.... It's food / dining is pretty much garbage There's nothing really out and about to order so you have to go the sit down dining which is normally fine... but the menu is terrible, and the food tastes worse. Nothing but fried garbage, and overcooked poor grade meats. The Chicago FL was quite the opposite. The buffets for the morning were quite nice, serving everything from fish meats / deli meats to just right cooked fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, and everything in between. The shower suites at the Qantas First Class lounge also need a makeover. Basically all white subway tiling, undersized shower heads, and a problem with water temperature regulation (it's either scalding you every couple of seconds, or providing you an icy chill).

It would have been nice if American planned this better, and at least had a temporary or some other first class lounge available during the renovations. I give the Qantas FC lounge four thumbs down.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by usafltg
which is basically, 1 option. The Qantas First Class Lounge.
Uh, the Oneworld J lounge next door to the QF F lounge?
zpaul likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by BillBurn
According to JonNYC, whose information is usually very accurate, December 13h is the day that the LAX FL Lounge will open (14th for Flagship Dining).

Can't come soon enough as I was in the T4 AC just now and it was absolutely packed to the gills to the point where it was difficult to make your way to/from the entrance.

FWIW, when you come up the stairs at the entrance to the AC you actually can see into a small section of the FL and that section looks completely finished. When I looked in there were two people sitting comfortably and chatting but they looked like AA staff. That said, I did see a couple construction workers walking through the AC so there must still be some work remaining to finish.

Cool!! I'll be passing back through LAX on the 16th and will be looking forward to visiting the FL while I wait for my flight back up to SFO. Otherwise, I'll just trek back over to Qantas' FL.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
While I have mentioned the need to wear sunglasses in the shower suites & experienced the water pressure issues as well and I often refer to the lounge as the Qantas First class cafeteria, I have not found the F&B to be as described.

Here is the content a LAX Qantas First Lounge menu:

All Day Dining (available from midday)
Small Plates
  • Sticky pork salad with bean sprouts, pomelo and cashews
  • Crudo of hamachi with sunchoke, witlof and pickled fennel
  • Salt and pepper squid with green chilli dipping sauce and aioli
  • Sprouting broccoli and edamame salad with fresh coconut and curry leaf

Our Signature Sandwiches
  • Classic beef burger with house made barbecue sauce
  • Croque monsieur with leg ham and gruyere
  • Reuben with sauerkraut and pickles

Main Plates
  • Orecchiette with cavolo nero, zucchini, lemon and reggiano
  • Seared striped bass with herb salad
  • Chicken laksa with rice noodles and Thai basil
  • Black Angus minute steak with chipotle butter and chips

Sides
  • Bowl of chips
  • Mixed leaves with palm sugar vinaigrette
  • Sauteed mushrooms with garlic butter
  • Seasonal greens with Californian extra virgin olive oil

Dessert and Cheese
  • Seasonal fruit plate
  • Crispy blueberry cake with apple and vanilla sauce
  • Waffle and caramel cream, fresh banana and pecan praline
  • Ice cream sundae with raspberry jelly, pistachios and meringue wafers
  • Cheese plate – Saint Andre triple cream cow's milk, Midnight Moon goat's milk and Point Reyes cow's milk blue served with accompaniments
If your experience of such a menu are as posted, then I suggest you provide feedback to Qantas.
zpaul likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 6, 2017 at 4:56 pm
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
While I have mentioned the need to wear sunglasses in the shower suites & experienced the water pressure issues as well and I often refer to the lounge as the Qantas First class cafeteria, I have not found the F&B to be as described.

Here is the content a LAX Qantas First Lounge menu:

If your experience of such a menu are as posted, then I suggest you provide feedback to Qantas.
I agree with you..

My favorites:

Salt and pepper squid with green chilli dipping sauce and aioli (sans aioli, don't care for it)
Classic beef burger with house made barbecue sauce (order it medium, delivered medium)
Croque monsieur with leg ham and gruyere (just delicious, especially in the morning)
Black Angus minute steak with chipotle butter and chips (order rare, delivered rare)

Then add some rose champagne, and I'm a happy camper!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Was just in LAX twice during the past 2 months for 2 HKG trips, and was thoroughly disappointed to not see the FL open yet. Term 4 AC was "re-opened" but no FL. Since I originated from ORD, and as a OW Emerald / AA EXP have the capability to utilize these lounges on international itineraries, I have to say I was very disappointed in the options currently available at LAX.... which is basically, 1 option. The Qantas First Class Lounge. Talk about a lounge that needs an overhaul.... It's food / dining is pretty much garbage There's nothing really out and about to order so you have to go the sit down dining which is normally fine... but the menu is terrible, and the food tastes worse. Nothing but fried garbage, and overcooked poor grade meats. The Chicago FL was quite the opposite. The buffets for the morning were quite nice, serving everything from fish meats / deli meats to just right cooked fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, and everything in between. The shower suites at the Qantas First Class lounge also need a makeover. Basically all white subway tiling, undersized shower heads, and a problem with water temperature regulation (it's either scalding you every couple of seconds, or providing you an icy chill).

It would have been nice if American planned this better, and at least had a temporary or some other first class lounge available during the renovations. I give the Qantas FC lounge four thumbs down.
I was in the Qantas F lounge on Saturday, December 2. Showered and had a great meal. Will be there again this coming Saturday, and I'm looking forward to the food and service that is consistently offered. The Qantas restaurant serves some of the best "garbage" I've ever enjoyed at an airport lounge.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The Qantas First Class Lounge. Talk about a lounge that needs an overhaul.... It's food / dining is pretty much garbage There's nothing really out and about to order so you have to go the sit down dining which is normally fine... but the menu is terrible, and the food tastes worse. Nothing but fried garbage, and overcooked poor grade meats.
Blasphemy. Troll?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Blasphemy. Troll?
Ha agreed with blasphemy. The food is consistently EXCELLENT. I always skip dinner on my Hong Kong flights because of it. The Pier F in HKG actually has a somewhat overrated restaurant in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the lounge is probably my overall favorite, but I do feel that the food quality has gone downhill a bit over time (the DanDan is still great, as is the burger - but some of the breakfast items are disappointing - the eggs benedict; the sad fruit cup; etc).

Qantas F LAX is in a league of its own in North America and holds its court well against its OW counterparts in HKG, London, and Tokyo (I haven't been to Qantas F in SYD so can't compare)
ShortDog likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Blasphemy. Troll?
Les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas.

I’ve enjoyed eating in the QF F lounge myself. But I’m a fan of hamachi crudo and salt and pepper squid I guess.
zpaul likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by BillBurn
According to JonNYC, whose information is usually very accurate, December 13h is the day that the LAX FL Lounge will open (14th for Flagship Dining).
I am but a minion, but was independently told the same dates.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I have a friend flying on Dec 14 LAX to LHR. I gave her one of my AC day passes. I will ask her to let me know if the FL is open and if the AC is over-crowded.

She has never in her life been in an airport lounge. I will be interested in her impressions.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I have a friend flying on Dec 14 LAX to LHR. I gave her one of my AC day passes. I will ask her to let me know if the FL is open and if the AC is over-crowded.

She has never in her life been in an airport lounge. I will be interested in her impressions.
She's never been in an airport lounge, and you've sent her on this particular mission at LAX T4?

You've sent your friend to the front lines of the battlefield, indeed.
smitty06, zpaul and jtav559 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by jcatman
She's never been in an airport lounge, and you've sent her on this particular mission at LAX T4?

You've sent your friend to the front lines of the battlefield, indeed.
My friend is fearless. She is a high school AP chemistry teacher.
smitty06 and zpaul like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
My friend is fearless. She is a high school AP chemistry teacher.
If your friend takes a second helping of the Endame dip inside the AC, she is fearless indeed.....
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Confirm that FL is opening tomorrow. (12/13). AC is super busy this evening. Some activity around the FL, major bummer it's not open today as I walk over to the now dated OW J lounge (flying domestic, so have to use BA status) for this long layover.

Going to book myself on a longer layover when I pass through LAX on Thurs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.