Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:11 am

Walked through the renovated terminal 4 lounge. Flagship wasn't ready. Nice view, looks good. But wow was it crowded!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat 4 MM, SPG Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by caburrito
Walked through the renovated terminal 4 lounge. Flagship wasn't ready. Nice view, looks good. But wow was it crowded!
Any pics?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Was in the new T4 Lounge a couple of days ago. Sneak peak through the door of the unfinished Flagship lounge.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Folks, I am an Admirals Club member, arriving into LAX on an international flight, non-AA.
How do I manage to get myself one of those boarding passes to Saberville (or similar) so that I can access the LAX Admirals Club to freshen up and get some work done before embarking on my day?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
Originally Posted by LatusElAl
Folks, I am an Admirals Club member, arriving into LAX on an international flight, non-AA.
How do I manage to get myself one of those boarding passes to Saberville (or similar) so that I can access the LAX Admirals Club to freshen up and get some work done before embarking on my day?
If you an Admiral's Club member you can always use the club even if traveling on another carrier. Just show your card, I did this in Denver a couple of weeks ago.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jdanton
If you an Admiral's Club member you can always use the club even if traveling on another carrier. Just show your card, I did this in Denver a couple of weeks ago.
I know. But I'm arriving international.....I need to get back airside - past TSA - in order to get to the AC. Question is how do I do that?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by LatusElAl
I know. But I'm arriving international.....I need to get back airside - past TSA - in order to get to the AC. Question is how do I do that?
If you have a connecting flight, AA or not, you can clear security at any terminal and make your way to the Admirals Club.

If you don't have a connecting flight, you wont be able to go air side again. A fully refundable fare for a later flight after your arrival could get you in, use AC, cancel ticket, leave airport.

Hope that helps!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I was in both the Term 4 and Term 5 Admirals Clubs yesterday, and like most here, I was underwhelmed.

Agree - the Term 4 club is too small and it looks like all they did was replace the old Flagship food buffet with a bar. The food bar for the AC is too small and right at the major walkway spot - and the walk areas are narrow. Not enough capacity in the Men's room. Term 4 looks like they kept the same floor tile (and even the same carpet) and some of the same furniture.

Term 5 looks just like the old DL Club - same restrooms, showers, etc. Looks like same carpet in the circular part. Looks like they only remodeled the back part with the food buffet and bar. Same old small elevator and steps that DL had. Again very disappointing.

I had plenty of time before my flight - so I also went to the new UA Club in Term 7 - all I can say is WOW!. Just beautiful, bright, clean, new and very modern. Love the outside terrace as well. And nice entrance with escalators to the Club. Much better food as well.

AA is going in the wrong direction but UA is headed in the right direction. I used the think the AA club was much better than UA - since it was a level up with plenty of space and lots of windows. Now the UA Club is a new structure about the gate area.

I started at the UA Club first, then Term 5, then Term 4, so it felt like I was really moving down. I went over to Bradley to go to KE Lounge with PP, but it wasn't quite 12 noon yet when you are allowed to enter.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by cova

I had plenty of time before my flight - so I also went to the new UA Club in Term 7 - all I can say is WOW!. Just beautiful, bright, clean, new and very modern. Love the outside terrace as well. And nice entrance with escalators to the Club. Much better food as well.

AA is going in the wrong direction but UA is headed in the right direction. I used the think the AA club was much better than UA - since it was a level up with plenty of space and lots of windows. Now the UA Club is a new structure about the gate area.

I started at the UA Club first, then Term 5, then Term 4, so it felt like I was really moving down. I went over to Bradley to go to KE Lounge with PP, but it wasn't quite 12 noon yet when you are allowed to enter.
That UA club is fantastic. Even when crowded, you can find some personal space and not have to stare at each other. Gigantic bar, with COMPLIMENTARY quality wines and liquor. The buffet layout is actually two mirror images, which helps minimize any bottlenecks. And, the area for help with IRROPS or other issues is separate and private. Get a clue, Doug.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by jtav559
If you don't have a connecting flight, you wont be able to go air side again. A fully refundable fare for a later flight after your arrival could get you in, use AC, cancel ticket, leave airport.
Warning. Purchase of an airline ticket solely for the purpose of access of airport facilities is against the conditions of carriage.
  • Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as any bookings made without having been requested by or on behalf of the named passenger. Additionally, creating bookings to hold or block seats for the purpose of obtaining lower fares, AAdvantage award inventory, or upgrades that may not otherwise be available, or to gain access to airport facilities, or to circumvent any of American Airlines' fare rules or policies, is prohibited without prior authorization from American Airlines.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/support/conditions-of-carriage.jsp?anchorEvent=false&from=footer?
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
With just under three weeks left in 2017, it's time for AA to update the FL and IFCL lounge info on their website. "Later in 2017" could still be the status of things for the lounges to be up and running perhaps. Anyone have unofficial info to share? I'm already planning to just head over to Qantas First Lounge once I land at LAX on Monday and wait out my time there for my flight out to HKG.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
With just under three weeks left in 2017, it's time for AA to update the FL and IFCL lounge info on their website. "Later in 2017" could still be the status of things for the lounges to be up and running perhaps. Anyone have unofficial info to share? I'm already planning to just head over to Qantas First Lounge once I land at LAX on Monday and wait out my time there for my flight out to HKG.

Thanks in advance.
I inquired at the Flagship F check in Sat night and agent says Flagship club is pretty much ready to go they are just in the process of “training the staff”
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
I inquired at the Flagship F check in Sat night and agent says Flagship club is pretty much ready to go they are just in the process of “training the staff”

Well that’s great news indeed! Will make it a point to stop by there on Monday evening to see what’s what.

Stay tuned.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Ditto. I was told this morning by two T4 AC agents that it would be open in the next week and a half (just before my LAX/HND/LAX trip on 12/19 &#129303.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Originally Posted by potus18
Ditto. I was told this morning by two T4 AC agents that it would be open in the next week and a half (just before my LAX/HND/LAX trip on 12/19 ��).
According to JonNYC, whose information is usually very accurate, December 13h is the day that the LAX FL Lounge will open (14th for Flagship Dining).

Can't come soon enough as I was in the T4 AC just now and it was absolutely packed to the gills to the point where it was difficult to make your way to/from the entrance.

FWIW, when you come up the stairs at the entrance to the AC you actually can see into a small section of the FL and that section looks completely finished. When I looked in there were two people sitting comfortably and chatting but they looked like AA staff. That said, I did see a couple construction workers walking through the AC so there must still be some work remaining to finish.

Last edited by BillBurn; Dec 6, 2017 at 10:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.