Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Chris9642
thanks guys for the info - to clarify can I walk from T4 to TBIT Lounges and back to T4 for my flight?
Hi,

Yes you can.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Chris9642
thanks guys for the info - to clarify can I walk from T4 to TBIT Lounges and back to T4 for my flight?
The Admirals Club has one of two lifts operational, and the large central lobby area upstairs and adjacent areas are closed. Additional seating has been put in the area adjacent to the dining area and the "quiet" area.

Whether you qualify for admittance to the oneworld lounges would depend on what flight, of course.

For the information on the airside connector, the link to that thread is

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eb-2016-a.html
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Still under construction. The club is ok given the state of construction it's in. Showers are still there and decent amount of places to sit. Wonder what all the fuss about renovation is? The old club was just fine, all it needed was some new furniture.
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
They are expanding the Flagship Lounge into parts of the former Admiral's Club. A welcome move, IMHO.
They are also opening up parts of the AC itself to expand. The expansion of the Flagship is definitely needed, with the influx of international business pax coming.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
LAX Admiral's Club (T4) Closed Sept 10-11, 2016 (to merge)

FYI..

Got an email informing me that the AC would be closed this coming weekend due to renovations:

"Important information

On September 10 and 11, the Admirals Club® lounge in Terminal 4 at Los Angeles International (LAX) will be temporarily closed for renovations. This closure will allow us to make important progress in bringing you an all-new club in 2017. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Not sure if I received it because I'm flying through there on Sunday, the 11th.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
ouch. Any mention of being able to use the OneWorld lounges for those 2 days? A friend of mine is flying LAX-DCA in first on 11 Sept but I don't think that qualifies for the OW Lounge in TBIT. I believe it has to be a 3 class plane to qualify. I hope they are able to make exceptions for the days the AC is closed.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:40 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation

Originally Posted by JDiver
NOTE: The LAX Terminal 4 Admirals Club will be closed due to refurbishment construction the days of September 10 and 11.

From teemuflyer: "Important information

On September 10 and 11, the Admirals Club® lounge in Terminal 4 at Los Angeles International (LAX) will be temporarily closed for renovations. This closure will allow us to make important progress in bringing you an all-new club in 2017. We apologize for the inconvenience."
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:46 pm

only if you have status to allow you in... Or a tkt that allows admission.

these days are very low bookings so well planned closure.. Much needed, too!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by Middleseatguy
only if you have status to allow you in... Or a tkt that allows admission.

these days are very low bookings so well planned closure.. Much needed, too!
Saturdays yes, Sundays no. More accurate to say 'fewer business travelers on weekends'.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
If AC members really need to visit the club at LAX, there is one in the Eagle's Nest. And AS also gives members access to their lounge in T6. However, I'm not sure if the rules for that access requires a flight departing out of T6.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Club members and some others flying the same day can access the Board Room. See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
ouch. Any mention of being able to use the OneWorld lounges for those 2 days? A friend of mine is flying LAX-DCA in first on 11 Sept but I don't think that qualifies for the OW Lounge in TBIT. I believe it has to be a 3 class plane to qualify. I hope they are able to make exceptions for the days the AC is closed.
I think that would require AA to pay. I doubt they are going to do that.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Flying to MCI on 9/10 - for once glad to be going out to the Eagle's Nest!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Your friend wouldn't qualify based on class of service for the regular AC, anyway.

Unless they have a membership.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by uscjeff
Flying to MCI on 9/10 - for once glad to be going out to the Eagle's Nest!
Is the Eagle's Nest still in T4 or has it moved to T6?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Is the Eagle's Nest still in T4 or has it moved to T6?
It is still the same physical building; the gates have just been renumbered to be "T6 gates" rather than "T4 gates". The point was to encourage LAX-originating passengers to check in and clear security in T6 rather than T4, thus relieving some congestion at check in and security in the latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.