Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Not entirely pleased with the LAX T-4 club the other day. They were practically out of soup (both of them) around noon on Wednesday. The lentil soup was empty to begin with and the carrot soup down to about 10%. Lentil soup not refilled the entire hour that I was there and the carrot soup drained to empty by around 12:45.

Incredibly crowded and not very pleasant to be in.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Not entirely pleased with the LAX T-4 club the other day. They were practically out of soup (both of them) around noon on Wednesday. The lentil soup was empty to begin with and the carrot soup down to about 10%. Lentil soup not refilled the entire hour that I was there and the carrot soup drained to empty by around 12:45.

Ever since they expanded the FL I've agreed with that statement Shame too, this was once my favorite AC.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer

I find when I ask, they bring out more of whatever is light (but I'm usually only there early am).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I can't speak highly enough of the T5 Admiral's Club. I hadn't been there in around a month and as soon as I passed by the bar, the bartender remarked, "Welcome back, Screwdriver?" He remembered my morning drink! Incredible! The staff here is consistently friendly, proactive, and the club is way quieter than T4. I love when I land/depart from T5 as opposed to T4, unless of course I have Flagship Lounge access.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I can't speak highly enough of the T5 Admiral's Club. I hadn't been there in around a month and as soon as I passed by the bar, the bartender remarked, "Welcome back, Screwdriver?" He remembered my morning drink! Incredible! The staff here is consistently friendly, proactive, and the club is way quieter than T4. I love when I land/depart from T5 as opposed to T4, unless of course I have Flagship Lounge access.
That's how the LGA AC is with me. I don't even have to say anything and they know what to bring me such a nice touch!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
How do you know he wasn't just asking for a tool and got lucky on the drink?
UAPremierGuy likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
If I'm in the MIA D30 or D15 club it's almost always morning so I'm not drinking. In the afternoon I'm at E, which has a self pour bar so no bartender. I'd rather pour my own drink.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles
LAX Flagship Lounge Needs a Total Remake

Went through LAX Flagship lounge last week on another international flight. I've used the Flagship First dining in the past and it's quite good. The rest of the lounge shows management that again isn't paying any attention, other than the monthly spread sheets.

The food was what others offer at their regular lounges. The decor and lighting is low class, start to finish. Hardly what our nation's namesake carrier should be offering to its premium customers including those from the rest of the world. It makes the company and our country look truly second-rate. The music is something that might be played at a cheap discount clothing store, and while that's obviously a very secondary item, it sort of sets the tone for everything else.

The layout shows they just split up the prior lounge, resulting in really bizarre passageways from the entrance to the main area to the restrooms and all the rest.

As I've noted before, whoever did the remodel at ORD should have handled this one. And since they've now announced they're going to again remodel the entire Terminal 4 (and possibly Terminal 5?), hopefully they will do it right.
zpaul likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Does the Admirals Club in the Eagles nest have avocado toast in the AM?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by beachfan
I have not seen it nor the afternoon guac there
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
It's a pared-down AC. It has only one soup, rather than the usual two.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this thread with a very recent visit to the Admirals Club in terminal 4

Key Takeaways

​​​​​​- a greeter will seat you

- 4 options for food to purchase

​​​​​​- bar is fully functional

​​​​​​- can get hot drinks from bar ( machines disabled )

cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:03 pm

What I find amusing about the new layout is the "Quiet Area" is right next to the TV lounge. And today, the TV was blaring. It was quieter in the main seating area.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DCAKen
What I find amusing about the new layout is the "Quiet Area" is right next to the TV lounge.
The thing I find amusing is that it isn't 'safe' to have a self-serve buffet, but apparently it is 'safe' to have a Citi self-application tablet...
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
The thing I find amusing is that it isn't 'safe' to have a self-serve buffet, but apparently it is 'safe' to have a Citi self-application tablet...
haha. Not to mention FA’s have a stack of Barclays Aviator AA card apps ready to hand out. No thanks!!! Just hand out a full F beverage service
cmd320 and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.