Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
I personally find the bulkhead and exit row seats to be less comfortable than the regular MCE seats due to the rigid arm rests. The seat is slightly more narrow because of this. I always pick a window seat mce and hope there is no middle seat occupant and that to me is much better.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:16 pm

Advice on AA125 DFW to HKG

I am Plantinum Pro but not sure which seat to pick?? I am flying to HKG and currently on 21L the seat map shows a gap between 21L and 21J. Is there a gap between these two seats so I can stand without disturbing passengers on 21J.

Last edited by Ff1975; Aug 5, 2019 at 9:21 pm Reason: Incomplete question
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ff1975
I am Plantinum Pro but not sure which seat to pick?? I am flying to HKG and currently on 21L the seat map shows a gap between 21L and 21J. Is there a gap between these two seats so I can stand without disturbing passengers on 21J.
there is no 21J on this aircraft. There is a pair of 21K and 21L. Your seat is window and you have to disturb 21 K to get out of your seat
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:44 pm

Advice on seat

Originally Posted by gateH15

there is no 21J on this aircraft. There is a pair of 21K and 21L. Your seat is window and you have to disturb 21 K to get out of your seat

I surely need aisle, currently 33J and 34C are available.. any recommendations
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by mgm
Flew JFK-LHR earlier this week. Row 20 does indeed seem to be true MCE seating. From what I could see there was plenty of legroom and if you are extra tall the bulkhead does not go all the way down to the floor. So there are spaces to tuck your feet into if needed,

My seat (22C) on the other hand was not a good choice despite having theoretically the best legroom. I got trampled on constantly by the guy in row 21 getting in and out of his seat every 30 minutes or so. I tried the trick of making my feet as visible as possible by wearing white socks, to no avail, lol. It seemed that even if I did not stretch out my feet this guy would still find a way to stomp on them. It’s also a tight squeeze for the cabin crew to manoeuvre the carts so I was knocked by them several times during the service.

My recommendation would be to get a seat in row 20 if you can. Failing that, the exit row seats in row 31. I would not recommend seats 22C or 22J.

Here are some pics:

20 A & C

Row 20 centre seats

22C - not recommended
Hello, I know that 22C and 22J are not recommended. Unfortunately, being a lowly Ruby, I'm not able to select rows 20, 31, and 32. Between 22C/J and 33C/J (I can select any of these seats), is there any difference? 21L is also an option (21A, 21C, and 21J are taken), although it seems to have regular legroom only. Any advice welcome. Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:41 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Quite a delayed response, but I personally prefer 32 over the others, even with the slightly offset entertainment screens. The bulkheads (20 and 33) have the flip up tray tables and TVs so the seat is slightly narrower and the armrest can't be raised which bothers me a bit.
I agree. For a couple 32A/C or 32J/L are in my opinion the best MCE seats on the plane. As a matter of fact I was delighted to be able to snag them for an upcoming flight. Thank you Expert Flyer!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Premier, UA Gold
I'd avoid 33J or its counterpart 33C. I was in 33J on an LAX-HKG flight a couple of weeks back and was regretting my decision to book that seat even before we took off as seemingly every other person, including FAs, bumped my seat while passing. That went on for the 1.5 hours we were on the ground before they cancelled the flight due to the protest situation in HKG and I'd never been happier to get off a plane at 3:00 am under those circumstances. I cancelled my HK plans and got the next flight out to Tokyo on JAL the next afternoon. Heading back to Tokyo LAX-HND on same AA 777 next week and wish I'd found this thread earlier, thanks for the advice.
ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by vindor; Aug 27, 2019 at 11:50 pm
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Is hard liquor free in MCE on longhauls like it is on domestic. Beer and wine are included anyway.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Is hard liquor free in MCE on longhauls like it is on domestic. Beer and wine are included anyway.
it is free
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:47 am

american 777 300er (77W) row 43 seats A/B, K/L recline?

We are flying MIA-EZE in December. The plane is a 777 300er (77W). For the two-seat configurations at the back of the plane, row 43 seats A, B and K, L, which have a wall behind them - do those get full recline or is it limited? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer online.

I have read that row 44, the four seats at the back in the middle section, have limited recline.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by dnLwire

I will find out this Satuday DFW-LHR.
How did it go?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: CX Gold
Question: MCE 20H vs 32J vs 32L. Which one would you prefer? I am usually an aisle guy, so is 32J better than 20H? Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:37 pm

Another Seat Question on 777-300ER

I'm conscious this has been asked many many times on this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with row 21, which appears to be missing a middle seat. I was also wondering about about 22K/B, and if there is a lot of leg room as it looks like there is no seat in front.

Any thoughts or experience would be great. Flight is LHR to DFW. Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:39 pm

I'm conscious this has been asked many many times on this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with row 21, which appears to be missing a middle seat. I was also wondering about about 22K/B, and if there is a lot of leg room as it looks like there is no seat in front. Same seat map as above!

Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Harrison Stevens
I'm conscious this has been asked many many times on this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with row 21, which appears to be missing a middle seat. I was also wondering about about 22K/B, and if there is a lot of leg room as it looks like there is no seat in front. Same seat map as above!

It is actually the “aisle” seat that is missing from that row. The actual seats are actually “middle” (though technically now the aisle) and window that are present. 22C and J have the unlimited legroom, but that missing seat in front will make you feel as if you are sitting in the aisle (kind of like 8C on an E175) when FC switches to Economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.