Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:22 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by serfty
I keep booking seats in the economy cabin but seem to always end up cancelling/moving to a better flight/cabin option.

One day I may walk back for a look.
LOL -- I've been pretty lucky with that too -- my EF alerts are already set. With a little bit of luck I might not be able to add to this knowledge base :-)
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
I keep booking seats in the economy cabin but seem to always end up cancelling/moving to a better flight/cabin option.

One day I may walk back for a look.
Nice humble brag...

But I suspect this is the reason why this thread doesn't get that much updates. We book these MCE or Y seats but then our upgrades clear... so no updates. I hope this is the case again for my next flight
chitink likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Does anyone have pics of row 21seats specifically on the new config? There is a pic a few posts up of what 22 looks like but I am specifically wondering about 21.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Does anyone have pics of row 21seats specifically on the new config? There is a pic a few posts up of what 22 looks like but I am specifically wondering about 21.
Don't have a pic put currently 34000ft up on AA81. The seats line up directly with row 20. Seem to have standard legroom. Looks a tight fit compared to the bulkhead at 20.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by nightkhan
Thanks!

Anyone know how D-H in rows 33-35 are? Those are labeled as MCE as well, but the ABC/JKL seats are regular leg room.
I booked 35D - Any update?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
I booked 35D - Any update?
Row 33 middle seats are bulkhead MCE seats and they have quite nice legroom. Rows 34-35 middle seats are normal MCE seats.

Row 31 is bulkhead/exit row seats, 31A/L has legroom somewhat limited due to exit that is invading legspace, but not too bad. Toilet queue-space is also in Row 31 territory, which is sometimes bothersome. There is also bulkhead display in front of row 31, that doesn't have dim/shutdown function

Row 32 is normal MCE. Row 33C/J have problem with trolleys.
nightkhan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I booked a flight from LHR-LAX and put myself in 20J. Hopefully it is just the two seats and my seat mate is ok.

Got a 777-200 on the return out of JFK so put myself in an exit row on that one (although may move a couple of rows back to the last row of MCE).
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:00 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...
nightkhan, bzcat and ralphs like this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Was hoping my upgrade was going to clear but that is looking less and less likely. Originally booked Row 20 middle aisle. That row has how filled up. Can move back to row 33 and or 35 and still have an empty seat next to me in the middle aisle again. I am leaning towards 33 for the extra leg room although I have never been much of a fan of the fixed arm rests. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by adambadam
Was hoping my upgrade was going to clear but that is looking less and less likely. Originally booked Row 20 middle aisle. That row has how filled up. Can move back to row 33 and or 35 and still have an empty seat next to me in the middle aisle again. I am leaning towards 33 for the extra leg room although I have never been much of a fan of the fixed arm rests. Any thoughts?
My thought is I've never been a fan of fixed armed rests, especially if sitting next to a smaller person
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Expertflyer shows 20A/C are blocked on both of my flights... any ideas why? Seatguru says they are bulkhead MCE seats.

I borrowed these photos from post #750 ...

Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
It's blocked on my upcoming flight too. I wonder if they release it at T-24 and if that would be risky to switch to?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: OWE - AA Plat Pro, Lifetime Plat, BA nobody (blue)
I flew AA107 yesterday in the 77W in J, and had time when I boarded to get a good look at MCE and PE.

MCE:
Row 20 bulkhead. The bulkhead is just a partition, and has a decent gap at floor level, meaning tall people have extra foot room. (photo post 776)
Row 31 exit row. Like row 31 on all 777s, endless leg room but the door protrusion. (photos post 773)
Row 32. Window/aisle pairs, definitely do have extra leg room.
Row 33 centre block bulkhead. This a proper bulkhead so no extra foot room.
Row 34 and 35 centre block. I was able to confirm these two part-rows do indeed have extra legroom. This hadn't been explicitly confirmed here, I believe. How they've done it is not clear.

PE: (first time I've actually seen the PE seats)
Row 16 exit window pairs, endless leg room, centre block bulkhead, quite decent legroom but it is a full bulkhead.
Row 17, 18, 19. My wife flew in the centre block of these rows a couple of times and her main comment is the poor spacing of the seat supports for the row in front. I assume they had to make the seat rows fit the floor which was originally set up for 3-3-3 Y, but it leaves the seat supports right where you want to put your feet.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver/KL Silver/SQ Silver/AZ Premium
Mce 35degh

Any reviews on 33DEGH, 34DEGH and 35DEGH MCE seats? I have the choice between all those seats on 33 and 35, did choose 35 now because we don't like the bulkhead seats because of the lesser width of the seats.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:21 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by tjcxx
I flew AA107 yesterday in the 77W in J, and had time when I boarded to get a good look at MCE and PE.

MCE:
Row 20 bulkhead. The bulkhead is just a partition, and has a decent gap at floor level, meaning tall people have extra foot room. (photo post 776)
Row 31 exit row. Like row 31 on all 777s, endless leg room but the door protrusion. (photos post 773)
Row 32. Window/aisle pairs, definitely do have extra leg room.
Row 33 centre block bulkhead. This a proper bulkhead so no extra foot room.
Row 34 and 35 centre block. I was able to confirm these two part-rows do indeed have extra legroom. This hadn't been explicitly confirmed here, I believe. How they've done it is not clear.

PE: (first time I've actually seen the PE seats)
Row 16 exit window pairs, endless leg room, centre block bulkhead, quite decent legroom but it is a full bulkhead.
Row 17, 18, 19. My wife flew in the centre block of these rows a couple of times and her main comment is the poor spacing of the seat supports for the row in front. I assume they had to make the seat rows fit the floor which was originally set up for 3-3-3 Y, but it leaves the seat supports right where you want to put your feet.
If a couple of J Savers don't show up (and it ain't likely) I'll report on 32A/C in a couple of weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.