Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The outside sections of Row 20 and 21 have just 2 seats that are next to each other (A/C and J/K). If you scroll through the below master thread there are some pics.

Row 20 is actually J & L....no K.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:50 am

American Airlines 777-300 ER Row 33

I've booked three seats for my son and me - wanted to be able to stretch out so bought the extra seat. An agent told me one of the arm rests is fixed whilst one is moveable, however, the images I've seen online appear to differ as they all seem fixed. Can anyone offer insight?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by missmunro
I've booked three seats for my son and me - wanted to be able to stretch out so bought the extra seat. An agent told me one of the arm rests is fixed whilst one is moveable, however, the images I've seen online appear to differ as they all seem fixed. Can anyone offer insight?
From what I remember, that's correct. They're very similar to domestic F seats with a foot rest.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by missmunro
At LEAST one seat has a fixed armrests:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Am...777-300_ER.php

As I recall the isle seat has IFE in the 'inboard' armrest... the outer armrest, toward the isle, doesnt have IFE, but cannot move

The isle seat apparently gets a lot of jostling from passengers. Personally I would NOT sit in that seat
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
20J assignment on AA 777-300 - does this seat even exist?

Howde! Very confused here - flying to LHR next week - grabbed the first MCE seat in the bulkhead which shows, on the seating map as an isle bulkhead seat. But when I go to check it on Seatguru, 20J doesn’t exist. What gives? Need to call it in? Or just let it go? The last thing I want is to find myself in a middle seat… Thank you for the your help! R
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by rebech34
Howde! Very confused here - flying to LHR next week - grabbed the first MCE seat in the bulkhead which shows, on the seating map as an isle bulkhead seat. But when I go to check it on Seatguru, 20J doesn’t exist. What gives? Need to call it in? Or just let it go? The last thing I want is to find myself in a middle seat… Thank you for the your help! R
20J is indeed a MCE bulkhead seat. Seatguru is in a comma, so you can safely ignore what it’s telling you
rebech34 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
20J is indeed a MCE bulkhead seat. Seatguru is in a comma, so you can safely ignore what it’s telling you
And it is an isle seat, correct?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

And it is an isle seat, correct?
Sorry, my brain misfired. The AA seat map is correct, so the selected seat 20K is an aisle seat. There isn’t a 20J
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Sorry, my brain misfired. The AA seat map is correct, so the selected seat 20K is an aisle seat. There isn’t a 20J
So I spoke with AA - they insist that 20J is a legit seat. They claim that 20k does not exist as it is a two seater.

hope they know what they are talking about…
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:33 pm

So I spoke with AA - they insist that 20J is a legit seat. They claim that 20k does not exist as it is a two seater.

hope they know what they are talking about…
I think the way the columns are lettered is causing some confusion. It caught me. What appears to be 20K on the map actually registers as 20J. What’s important is this is an aisle seat.
rebech34 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:31 pm

First time flyer on 777

Hey guys and gals. Later this year I’m flying AA340. LAX-MIA in their 777-300ER. I purchased a seat on 20A and I thought there was a monitor/TV against the bulkhead but.. after seeing a video I don’t see it. Is it tucked away in the armrest? Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Shooker88
Hey guys and gals. Later this year I’m flying AA340. LAX-MIA in their 777-300ER. I purchased a seat on 20A and I thought there was a monitor/TV against the bulkhead but.. after seeing a video I don’t see it. Is it tucked away in the armrest? Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Yes it is.

Enjoy the flight. The 77W is a beautiful work of human achievement!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:14 am

773 seating - PE Row 18 or 19? and Economy 32K or 33J?

First, I apologize for starting a new thread - the answers are already likely there in some long thread, but I could not find it quickly and I need to make a booking within a few hours, hence starting this thread.
Outbound, MIA to LHR, premium economy -- available seats are middle two seats in the first row (16E, 16G) or the last row aisle (19D, 19H). If my only criterion is good sleep, which is better?
Return, LHR to MIA - economy - row 32K is available (last of the two seater rows in that section, rows 30-32) or 33J is available - from the map, it looks like there is nothing in front of 33J. Also, 33E is available. Which is better, if only criterion is good rest/sleep to the extent possible?
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
As you said... It's in the 773 wiki
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:41 am

I think the wiki needs updating as there is no longer a 3x3x3 main cabin extra seating section. But my questions relate to the actual seat pitch of main cabin extra on these 777 planes. AA.com says 35-36", but is that really true? If so, then the middle section may not be that bad, though I read somewhere that it is closer to 34" of pitch. And why are seats 33 C/J not mentioned since it is the 1st row of 3 behind the last row of 2. It would seem to me that would be better than the exit rows because of extra legroom and easier access to the aisle for the middle and window seats?

Regarding row 20, how does it have extra legroom? Does the partion stop before the floor and one can put ones feet under that? I know on the E190 regional jets that the division between class is only a curtain that stops short of the floor. But row 20 are bassinette areas making one more likely to have a less quieter flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.