Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by larreajoe
19E it is!
Set up an expertflyer seat alert. As other passengers get upgraded (or change flights) an aisle or window seat may become available.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1MM
Originally Posted by Djokison
Set up an expertflyer seat alert. As other passengers get upgraded (or change flights) an aisle or window seat may become available.
Great idea! Thanks for the advice.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
My favourite seats in this cabin are 18A and 18L, although 17A and 17L would be pretty much identical. Lots of legroom. I'm not a huge fan of the exit row seats.
Hi Kingstontoon:
I would love your input on why you don't like the exit rows on this plane? I had booked 16J from LHR-LAX in December, but was, thankfully, upgraded via SWU at the last minute (after boarding), so I didn't actually experience the seat other than while the plane was loading. It had TONS of legroom, however, which was pretty amazing and you are the first row in MCE, so food & drink choices should still be plentiful.

I'm on the same flight, again, in May (LHR-LAX) and have booked that same seat, again (with a mileage upgrade requested). Since it seems like upgrades are getting harder and harder if you aren't Exec Plat (I'm only Plat), I'd love some input on the most comfortable MCE for that long-haul in the event my upgrade fails.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, VX Elevate Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Hi everyone - I've read through this thread, and appreciate everyone's great info & feedback. I am on DFW-HKG in a few days, and have the choice of 16D vs. 17C (with 17B currently empty). Row 19 is booked.

Solo traveler, OWE, prefer to sleep majority of flight, would be nice to have aisle access for occasional bathroom break. I am guessing based on people's feedback about the middle part of Row 16 sometimes getting a lot of pax foot traffic crossing aisles, waiting for lav, etc., that 17C would be slightly preferable - slightly wider seat, moveable armrest, "better" tray table - even though I might have to get up for 17A during flight? Anything else I am not considering?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by ebnozn
Hi everyone - I've read through this thread, and appreciate everyone's great info & feedback. I am on DFW-HKG in a few days, and have the choice of 16D vs. 17C (with 17B currently empty). Row 19 is booked.

Solo traveler, OWE, prefer to sleep majority of flight, would be nice to have aisle access for occasional bathroom break. I am guessing based on people's feedback about the middle part of Row 16 sometimes getting a lot of pax foot traffic crossing aisles, waiting for lav, etc., that 17C would be slightly preferable - slightly wider seat, moveable armrest, "better" tray table - even though I might have to get up for 17A during flight? Anything else I am not considering?
16D without missing a heartbeat.
Oodles of leg room, No interference from the bogs. Absolute minimal (if any at all) foot traffic in front of you. Maybe, perhaps, possibly a couple of people whilst the self loading cargo gets on the plane, but after that, nothing.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
For eastbound TATL red-eye, which would you choose - 16A/L vs 16C/J? I am more of an aisle person, so I have selected 16C for now. But is 16A/L better for sleeping on a TATL red-eye? I assume they still allow plenty of space to get out without disturbing 16BCJK.

For westbound TATL daytime flight, which would you choose - 19D/H or 16K? All the other seats in row 16 are already selected. I have selected 19H for now, but wondering if the extra legroom in 16K is worth it, even though it is a middle seat.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:59 am
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
I like 19 D/H even over row 16. I find the legroom is fine for me (about 5" 10"). I find the tray tables in 16 to restrict the seat a little even though I fit fine. With 19 D/H if the person in 19E needs to get out they can go either way. I had 19H for HKG to DFW and found it ok.
I have 19H for my TATL flights in case my SWU does not clear.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:24 am

My wife (5') and son (5'6") are traveling MIA-LHR on an economy class award ticket in November, using Etihad miles.
Both are AA Gold.
As of now, all A-C seats in rows 21-29 and 32-35 are available free, as also A-C in rows 41-43.

(a) Will the MCE seats, become available for free at check in, for such award tickets?

(b) What are the pros/cons of seats 32A/32C vs 41A/41C?
Is the lavatory/galley very close to 32A/32C such that the opening and closing of the screen will be problematic? Conversely, is it that much more "bumpier" in 41A/C compared to 32A/C? (In my one experience sitting in the 4th from last row in a TATL flight in an LH 380 aircraft, the ride was quite bumpy; do not know how it is in 77W).

(c) Which seats would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I have an itin on hold for Feb 2018 with 2 longhauls on the 77W.

Has there been any confirmation of replacing the 9-across seats with 10-across in MCE?
Old May 11, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA & jetBlue
Originally Posted by raghu
My wife (5') and son (5'6") are traveling MIA-LHR on an economy class award ticket in November, using Etihad miles.
Both are AA Gold.
As of now, all A-C seats in rows 21-29 and 32-35 are available free, as also A-C in rows 41-43.

(a) Will the MCE seats, become available for free at check in, for such award tickets?

(b) What are the pros/cons of seats 32A/32C vs 41A/41C?
Is the lavatory/galley very close to 32A/32C such that the opening and closing of the screen will be problematic? Conversely, is it that much more "bumpier" in 41A/C compared to 32A/C? (In my one experience sitting in the 4th from last row in a TATL flight in an LH 380 aircraft, the ride was quite bumpy; do not know how it is in 77W).

(c) Which seats would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
The only negative in 41 is if you like to rest your head on the window/wall it is harder/impossible to do so because the aircraft curves and the window is not right next to. This does allow for some space between the wall and seat though and makes for a spacious space.

32 seems like a normal seat, just two rows. When I can, I always go for one of the first two rows of the two aisle seats in the back of a 777.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
I'm GLD and paid $81.93 x2 for MCE seat 17L but after reading some seatguru reviews I decided that 19H will be nicer. I called and requested the change for my inbound and outbound flts b/t DFW and LHR. After a long (30 min total) wait they said they had changed but it required some manual work. Later I checked and only one had been changed so I called back. This time I waited about 10 min before hearing that I'd have to pay an additional $82 to make the seat change. I asked if I couldn't apply the $81.93 that I'd already paid and they said it doesn't work that way and that I should stay in 18L. I suppose I'll HUCA.

Online if I make the seat change it appears to go through but when I reload the reservation the seat doesn't change.

I see the rule about not getting a refund if you switch to a cheaper seat but I'm surprised I can't pay extra (7 cents in this case) to choose a better one.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:43 am

n/m...

Last edited by bmrisko; Jun 26, 2017 at 3:44 am Reason: wrong thread
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
im struggling between 16L with someone sitting in the middle or 31 C or A? these the options left. thanks in advance
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
Dilemma: MCE middle or Eco aisle?

Had to book a last minute economy ticket to LA. Opted for AA over BA due to status and access to MCE free of charge.

Problem is there are only middle MCE seats remaining in the 3-3-3 arrangement.

It's either that or an aisle in the 3-4-3 Eco cabin.

I always fly aisle. I like to be able to get up as and when needed. And the idea of two random people left and right of me for 11hrs isn't appealing.

So bit of a dilemma. Will more MCE open 24hrs prior at checkin? Thoughts?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Personally I'd choose middle in 3-3-3 but doubtless other people (particularly slim people who are less than 6 feet) would choose the aisle in 3-4-3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.