Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Global321
(Legacy AA) Boeing 777-300ER / 77W Routes, Schedule

As information on AA.com is not updated regularly, current routes (as of 05/JAN/2017) are following:

• DFW-LHR (80, 50) (78) (until FEB-17), LHR-DFW (81, 51) (79) (until FEB-16)
  • DFW-HKG (137), HKG-DFW (138)
  • LAX-LHR (108) (136) (from MAR-27), LHR-LAX (109) (135) (from MAR-28)
  • LAX-SYD (73), SYD-LAX (72)
  • LAX-HKG (193), HKG-LAX (192)
  • JFK-LHR (100), LHR-JFK (107)
  • JFK-GRU (951), GRU-JFK (950)
  • MIA-LHR (56) (38) (from APR-04), LHR-MIA (57) (39) (from APR-04)
  • MIA-GRU (995) GRU-MIA (930)
  • MIA-EZE (931), EZE-MIA (900)
  • MIA-LAX (5 PM Depature), LAX-MIA (9 AM Departure) (until OCT-28)

Thanks to Longboater

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by carlosdca
I read the press release and then went on www.AA.com/Fly777

I had not noticed the new renderings with the business class seat in the flat position.
(the old photo everybody knows did not show the seat in flat position)

Looks kind of strange at the bottom end with no support (unlike the BAs CW seat or others that meet a foot rest on the other end). The padding looks very thin too. I know, I know... it's just a rendering...
A bit hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like that last panel on the seat is sagging a bit. I sure hope it really is flat all the way and they're not cheating.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:44 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Herb687
There's nothing cool about any B777 seat chart that shows 10 across seating!
I don't fly coach TATLy. I should have specified, seeing the new seat chart for J and F is cool to me.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: Alaska FF
Originally Posted by NiceLanding
A bit hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like that last panel on the seat is sagging a bit. I sure hope it really is flat all the way and they're not cheating.
The seat surface is identical to the Cathay seat (except for the upholstered fold-out on the side). Don't worry. It will be flat all the way.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Herb687
There's nothing cool about any B777 seat chart that shows 10 across seating!
Not in every row. There are a few rows (one of the exit, two not) in the low 30s that have only two seats on each side (galley/rest rooms in between), and three rows at the very back (low 40s) where because of curvature of the fuselage there also only two seats on each side (though I think the center is the same there).

So if you can't even move up to Main Cabin Extra (which is 9 across 3-3-3), you should try for one those rows if you don't like 10 across.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I wonder if we will be able to stow bags under the seat? One big pain with current AA J is that there is no place to put a bag except in the bin (and not enough cubby space).
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:36 pm

All Z award space gone

A few days ago, when June 1 was the furthest out that was loaded, there was some Z space (including on the June 1 flight LHR-LAX). The next day, when June 2 was loaded, all Z space was gone. I used EF to check AA 137 every day from today through as far out as was loaded, and there was not a single Z seat. It was Z0 every single one of the 330 days.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
One big pain with current AA J is that there is no place to put a bag except in the bin (and not enough cubby space).
I don't believe that is true.
One thing that I really like about current AA J, is that you can stow a bag in the footwell in front of you, unlike LA, and I think IB, where everything has to go in the overhead.

Happy Travels.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by sdsearch
...you should try for one those rows if you don't like 10 across.
Agreed, but I assume those rows will still have 17-inch seats instead of the 18-inch seats in MCE or the 772.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by NDFan
I wonder if we will be able to stow bags under the seat? One big pain with current AA J is that there is no place to put a bag except in the bin (and not enough cubby space).
I don't believe that is true.
One thing that I really like about current AA J, is that you can stow a bag in the footwell in front of you, unlike LA, and I think IB, where everything has to go in the overhead.
It's permitted to store bags in the footwell on current AA J, but doing so prevents the seat from reclining. In my experience, even a flip-flop there prevents the seat from going flat. I should have clarified that when I asked "if we will be able to stow bags under the seat" I meant "without detracting from recline/going flat." (I thought that might be obvious, but I see it was ambiguous.)
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's permitted to store bags in the footwell on current AA J, but doing so prevents the seat from reclining. In my experience, even a flip-flop there prevents the seat from going flat. I should have clarified that when I asked "if we will be able to stow bags under the seat" I meant "without detracting from recline/going flat." (I thought that might be obvious, but I see it was ambiguous.)
Actually, further clarificaiton needed:

Putting a bag in the footwell does not prevent the seat from reclining to the 1 setting, maybe even to the 2 setting (depending on the bag). So just saying it "prevents the seat from reclining" is a bit overboard IMHO.

What it does definitely do is prevent the seat from reclining to the sleeping position.

I know the difference well, because I have no problem putting my bag in the footwell on non-sleeping flights (most westbound longhaul, as well as domestic shorthaul when I get these planes domestically), but of course I can't put the bug in the footwell if I'm going to sleep on the flight (mostly on eastbound longhaul flights).
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Actually, further clarificaiton needed:

Putting a bag in the footwell does not prevent the seat from reclining to the 1 setting, maybe even to the 2 setting (depending on the bag). So just saying it "prevents the seat from reclining" is a bit overboard IMHO.

What it does definitely do is prevent the seat from reclining to the sleeping position.

I know the difference well, because I have no problem putting my bag in the footwell on non-sleeping flights (most westbound longhaul, as well as domestic shorthaul when I get these planes domestically), but of course I can't put the bug in the footwell if I'm going to sleep on the flight (mostly on eastbound longhaul flights).
My briefcase is fairly flat, maybe 4 or 5 inches thick, and I've made the pleasant discovery that putting it on top of the seat in the sleep position does a great job of compensating for the tilt. Works best if you throw an extra blanket over it for padding.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:10 pm

If we're clarified enough on the exact amount of recline permitted with items on the floor, I'd really like to know if the new NGBC on AA will have underseat stowage without impeding recline or other seat operation in any way. But, I suppose no one posting here knows or is likely to know until AA starts flying the 773.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I'd really like to know if the new NGBC on AA will have underseat stowage without impeding recline or other seat operation in any way.
Since the 77W's J seat is said to be substantially similar to CX's new J seat, perhaps someone with experience with that seat could chime in? I'd imagine they will be very similar in this regard.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: Alaska FF
Originally Posted by Microwave
Since the 77W's J seat is said to be substantially similar to CX's new J seat, perhaps someone with experience with that seat could chime in? I'd imagine they will be very similar in this regard.
Based on my experience, there is a wedge-like space that is too small for a carry-on. It is the space below the shelf where the seat in lie-flat mode terminates.

You could put your shoes there, but there is a storage bin at the bottom of the seat (on the aisle side) for that purpose. (Big shoes might not fit in that storage space.)

Remember, however, it is 1-2-1. So there is much more overhead space, much like in AA's FC today. Overall, I really like the seat.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: AA - Ex Plt, Starwood - Plt
My wife & I flew from KL to HKG last month on CX. The new J seats are wonderful! I am not 100% positive, but I do think there was underseat stowage without impeding recline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.