Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Global321
(Legacy AA) Boeing 777-300ER / 77W Routes, Schedule

As information on AA.com is not updated regularly, current routes (as of 05/JAN/2017) are following:

• DFW-LHR (80, 50) (78) (until FEB-17), LHR-DFW (81, 51) (79) (until FEB-16)
  • DFW-HKG (137), HKG-DFW (138)
  • LAX-LHR (108) (136) (from MAR-27), LHR-LAX (109) (135) (from MAR-28)
  • LAX-SYD (73), SYD-LAX (72)
  • LAX-HKG (193), HKG-LAX (192)
  • JFK-LHR (100), LHR-JFK (107)
  • JFK-GRU (951), GRU-JFK (950)
  • MIA-LHR (56) (38) (from APR-04), LHR-MIA (57) (39) (from APR-04)
  • MIA-GRU (995) GRU-MIA (930)
  • MIA-EZE (931), EZE-MIA (900)
  • MIA-LAX (5 PM Depature), LAX-MIA (9 AM Departure) (until OCT-28)

Thanks to Longboater

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
new equipment yet. On a recent DFW-NRT flight I asked if training had begun for FA's on the new equipment. As of a few weeks ago (old news) - it had not begun.
Training has been in full swing for a while for JFK, ORD, and DFW International crews who will first see this plane in circulation. Once more planes are received, more training will happen for the other bases.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
Training has been in full swing for a while for JFK, ORD, and DFW International crews who will first see this plane in circulation. Once more planes are received, more training will happen for the other bases.
Why nothing for MIA just yet?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Does anyone think we will see some domestic rotations of this new aircraft at least temporarily? MIA-LAX would be the perfect route IMHO. UA is doing this with the Dreamliner, got to fly it recently in BF. Of course, PM-UA had used widebodies extensively on routes like IAD-DEN, ORD-SFO, ORD-LAX, etc but has largely ended since the merger.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Does anyone think we will see some domestic rotations of this new aircraft at least temporarily? MIA-LAX would be the perfect route IMHO. UA is doing this with the Dreamliner, got to fly it recently in BF. Of course, PM-UA had used widebodies extensively on routes like IAD-DEN, ORD-SFO, ORD-LAX, etc but has largely ended since the merger.
It sounds like a good idea, especially to get their employees and customers excited for the "new AA". Would be a great way to train the crews, too. As much as you can train in the cabin trainer, there are some things you can only experience with real passengers at 32K feet.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It sounds like a good idea, especially to get their employees and customers excited for the "new AA". Would be a great way to train the crews, too. As much as you can train in the cabin trainer, there are some things you can only experience with real passengers at 32K feet.
Agreed, and MIA-LAX is the perfect route since it has heavy paid F traffic from entertainment industry, and LAX-EZE/GIG/GRU trafiic is funneled through MIA which are believed to be among AAs most lucrative routes. Worth noting that there are currently two 772s and some days even three on this route, this is the only domestic route AA consistently keeps 772s on.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Why nothing for MIA just yet?
Entertainment options include up to 120 movies, more than 150 TV programs and more than 350 audio selections that will be offered throughout the aircraft. Also, every seat will feature individual 110-volt AC power outlets and USB jacks for charging personal electronic devices.

In January 2013, the Dallas/Fort Worth-Sao Paulo route will be the first to feature the newest addition to American's fleet. Subsequently, the aircraft is slated to fly to London Heathrow from both Dallas/Fort Worth and New York JFK. Long-haul airplanes generally provide more job opportunities to our pilots and flight attendants.

There's lots to come about the new American. We'll have more exciting news to share soon.
AA News release
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, HYATT DIAMOND, AVIS CC, AA EXP
Agreed, and MIA-LAX is the perfect route since it has heavy paid F traffic from entertainment industry, and LAX-EZE/GIG/GRU trafiic is funneled through MIA which are believed to be among AAs most lucrative routes. Worth noting that there are currently two 772s and some days even three on this route, this is the only domestic route AA consistently keeps 772s on.
I agree 100% and as someone who frequents this route I'd love for this to happen.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
I saw that too, I suspect DFW-GRU is only for staging and crew familiarization. Looks like going forward the 77Ws will be on JFK-LHR and LAX-LHR, I imagine MIA-LHR will have one at a later time too.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:40 pm

I saw that too, I suspect DFW-GRU is only for staging and crew familiarization. Looks like going forward the 77Ws will be on JFK-LHR and LAX-LHR, I imagine MIA-LHR will have one at a later time too.
Will we see these birds flying the long routes to NRT, ICN, or PVG at some point?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:03 pm

Interesting desire, considering your past overheated rhetoric concerning pmUA's domestic widebody operations, about how you "couldn't wait" for them to end. And here you are now advocating the same for AMR...

F cabin looks nice, but I'm immediately concerned with the "sleeping in the aisle" sensation I get every time I've been in the current F.

photos.prnewswire.com/prnfull/20121211/DA27769

Great to see AA dedicated to at least a limited F offering going forward, however, in light of UA adopting the lowball 2-class strategy of CO (an airline with no experience in providing premium services to HVFs), seemingly conceeding all of this traffic to others. Looks like AA's intl J is far more "BusinessFirst" than the climb over your neighbor, one foot in the foot cubby "value proposition" UA offers.

Last edited by tuolumne; Dec 12, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Anyone know the AA Updated 77W Schedule??

I want to do a Mileage Run in the next month and can find the 77W going DFW-GRU on Feb 28th but cannot find it coming back at all the next week. Awkward.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's in this link:

http://airlineroute.net/2012/11/19/aa-77w-update5/
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Schedule in the above link shows 77W leaving GRU 1, 4 ,6 but when I try to schedule a Sunday night departure, still hows 777-200. Werid
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by aero0729
Schedule in the above link shows 77W leaving GRU 1, 4 ,6 but when I try to schedule a Sunday night departure, still hows 777-200. Werid
Yes, but as I read that schedule DFW-GRU ends March 1st for the 77W
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by FWAAA
So bascially these new 77Ws will be used between jfk and lhr, lax and lhr, jfk and gru, dfw and lhr and dfw and gru.

These replace existing flights that were using a 777-200?? or are they additional flights to these markets?

If they replace the 777-200, what new routes will the 777-200 take over or is it that they will have more downtime?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.