Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lounge Guide: HKG / Hong Kong Intl. Airport oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: derek2010
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

Link to HKG information on aa.com

Link to HKG airport website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

There is no Admirals Club at HKG; AA uses the Plaza Premium (West Hall) Lounge. See here: Lounge Guide: HKG / Hong Kong Intl. Airport AA Plaza Premium Lounge

There are many oneworld lounges to use that follo see here for the oneworld lounge located (with hours, etc.) Several have both First and Business lounges. oneworld Emerald members generally have access to First Class lounges on international itineraries (with one guest), Sapphire members Business Class lounge access (with one guest). Both oneworld member and guest must be departing on qualifying oneworld international flights. See:

Cathay Pacific lounges

The Wing, First
Cathay Pacific’s Flagship lounge: featuring open ceilings, unobstructed views, also known as the “world’s most exclusive balcony”. Featuring The Champange Bar for premium champanges, The Haven Restaurant for a Semi-Buffet dining (Salads, Desserts from the Buffet and Main Dishes are made to order from A La Carte menu), Cabanas for enjoyment and bath as well as Serviced shower suites (with Ironing services on request)
LOCATION: Departure Level 7 (turn LEFT after immigration at the SOUTH hall, or access via Level 6 near Gate 2)

The Wing, Business
Cathay Pacific’s Flagship lounge: featuring open ceilings, unobstructed views, also known as the “world’s most exclusive balcony”. Featuring The Noodle Bar for noodles, The Long Bar for cocktails and wines, The Coffee Loft for Coffee and sandwiches and Buffet dining (salads, main dishes and desserts).
LOCATION: Departure Level 6 and 7 near gates 2 (Enter via Level 6)

The Pier, First
Cathay Pacific’s Flagship lounge: featuring The Dining Room for a la carte (dishes made to order), The Bar for cocktails and wines, Day Suites for relaxation and Massage services.
LOCATION: Departure Level 5 near gates 63 (Enter via Level 6)

The Pier, Business
Cathay Pacific’s Flagship lounge: featuring The Noodle Bar for Noodles and Dim Sum, The Food Hall for salads, main dishes and desserts, The Coffee Cart for freshly brewed coffee and The Sanctuary for Yoga.

The Bridge
Exclusive lounge: relaxing residential-style space featuring The Bakery (North wing) for freshly baked bread and rolls, The Long Bar (North wing) for Cocktails and Wines and The Bistro (South wing) for Buffet (salads, main dishes and desserts)

The Deck
Opened in March 2018, featuring a balcony viewing the Gates at Level 6, with Noodle Bar and Buffet (salads, main dishes and desserts) offered.

Qantas Hong Kong Lounge
Opened in April 2014, featuring a Buffet (salads, main dishes and desserts), BBQ Pork (Char Siu) rice offered from 3pm to 11pm at Spice Temple Bar (first bar near entrance), Japanese Curry offered in the Morning matching JAL departure to Tokyo Narita / Haneda in the Morning, as well as Plate of the Day at the communial table facing the Buffet from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
LOCATION: Departure Level 7, Gate 5 (turn RIGHT after immigration at the NORTH hall)

OTHER LOUNGES
The Royal Jordanian Travellers Lounge is operated by a third party operator; it is only available to qualified passengers departing on Royal Jordanian.
Print Wikipost

Lounge Guide: HKG / Hong Kong Intl. Airport oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I was in the Pier F lounge the other day, and noticed that they have massage service. Is there a fee for that?
There are lengthy threads on the CX HKG lounges, including the Pier F, over in the CX forum, I'd recommend taking a look there.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I was in the Pier F lounge the other day, and noticed that they have massage service. Is there a fee for that?
No fee, but typically there is quite a wait. The two times I visited last year, I think the wait was 4-5 hours, and I'm not one who arrives that early, or has that long of a layover. There may be a way to get on the list in advance, definitely a question for the CX forum.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by aztimm
No fee, but typically there is quite a wait. The two times I visited last year, I think the wait was 4-5 hours, and I'm not one who arrives that early, or has that long of a layover. There may be a way to get on the list in advance, definitely a question for the CX forum.
of about 6 visits I’ve only been able to get one massage the rest had a multi hour wait and I don’t believe you can reserve in advance. There is a new yoga and meditation studio that just opened in the Pier J lounge. I actually find the J lounge worth a stop even if you have F lounge access. Wide range of food options, quiet sleeping area with long couches, tea service, and more. Much larger than F lounge although no made-to-order table service except the noodle bar.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
Forgive the simple question. I am typically not a Oneworld flyer (typically Star Alliance). I have no status with any OW airline. However, I will be flying LAX-NRT-KUL (AA and MH) then KUL-HKG-LAX (KA and AA) in business class. My question is regarding lounges at HKG. I have a 5 hr transit time at HKG. From what I understand from the blogs and airline websites, I will have access to the Plaza Premium (West Hall) Lounge or the Club Bauhinia lounges at HKG through my AA boarding pass in J.

Question: Given I am arriving in J on KA, would I be able to use this boarding pass for access to a CX lounge? Anyone done this? I know the CX arrivals lounge has closed. I am specifically looking for CX lounge access within the secured area for transit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The CX lounges are much better - in fact, they are some of the best business lounges anywhere. Given that you have 5 hours, I suggest some lounge hopping to try out at least the Pier, the Wing and the Qantas J lounges. There are two other CX lounges (on the way from the Pier to the Wing/or Qantas) but they are similar to the others.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Any tips for me finally learning/remembering the names of the CX lounges at HKG?

I'm either departing on AA and visit the F lounge that one has to go to a lower level to enter. Often it's a little walk to the AA gate from it except for one time it was at the gate upon exiting. Or I'm departing on a CX flight to ICN and I visit the F lounge that's upstairs but in a completely different terminal (A?).

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Any tips for me finally learning/remembering the names of the CX lounges at HKG?
The upstairs lounge by gate 3 is The Wing. I think of it as The Wing because it's in the wing that contains gates 1-4. The "other" one is The Pier.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc

I'm either departing on AA and visit the F lounge that one has to go to a lower level to enter. Often it's a little walk to the AA gate from it except for one time it was at the gate upon exiting. Or I'm departing on a CX flight to ICN and I visit the F lounge that's upstairs but in a completely different terminal (A?).

Thanks.
Hi,

If it is an escalator you go down from the main terminal concourse by gate 61/63 to the lounge then it is the Pier.

All the CX lounges are in the same terminal.

Regards

TBS
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

If it is an escalator you go down from the main terminal concourse by gate 61/63 to the lounge then it is the Pier.

All the CX lounges are in the same terminal.

Regards

TBS
Thanks indeed also to @Dr.HFH also.. (can never seem to get the multi-quote function to work!)

Guessing I've visited "all of the CX" lounges at HKIA after all. Too bad the Arrival Lounge is closed at this point. But then again, I never visited it anyway. Always was ready to get to my hotel that offered their spa/gym facilities in case there was no room available upon my early AM arrivals.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Feb 2, 2019 at 8:32 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Hyatt - Globalist, Bonvoy - Gold, Hilton - Gold
Long and multi-part question here so apologies in advance.
I'm heading to HK in June and will be coming from SYD on Qantas. I arrive at 5am. I will be connecting to an AA flight to LAX which leaves at 6:30PM.
1) Since Cathay closed the arrivals lounge, if I don't want to use the Plaza Arrivals lounge, can I check in for my AA flight (including checking my bags?) and go inside the terminal to use one of the Cathay lounges (I'm an AA EXP)? I'm unclear as to how far in advance I can check in my bags for my AA flight.
2) If I do this in order to shower/have breakfast, will I be able to exit the terminal and head into HK for the day? Will I have any problems doing this?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
A few questions

one ticket or two.. if one ticket should be able to check through and get both boarding passes for both flights.

don't know what time AA opens but probably 2 to 3 hours before flight ..not sure when the hkg to dfw leaves

you can use the lounge and go out ..just takes some time..if you enter and leave 4 times in a year you can get frequent entry which saves time
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:29 pm

Question: Why aren't your bags checked all the way through to LAX. I think that may be the reason why @worldiswide may be asking about how many tickets you have.

Question: If Arrival Lounge was still open, would you have access anyway? I don't think so according to the link below. OWE's don't have access. I think that's the main reason I never visited it despite being in HKG every two months for the past 18 months.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html

AA HKG-DFW flight departs at 3:45 PM. I would suspect that AA counter would open at least by 12 PM. Maybe you could take your luggage with you and find storage at Kowloon or HKG Station using Airport Express.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

If you cannot get your bags checked through I think American offers intown check in at Hong Kong and Kowloomn stations so you could take the MTR from the airport to the station and check in early ( this will be several hours before the AA desks open at the airport itself

List of airlines providing in town check, in

http://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/en/services/itci.pdf

Regards

TBS
jcatman likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Hyatt - Globalist, Bonvoy - Gold, Hilton - Gold
I'm on separate tickets. Found a great deal for Qantas in J from SYD to HKG. I'm in PE on AA from HKG to LAX (SWU waitlisted)

Cathay arrivals lounge appears to be closed. I was talking about the Plaza Arrivals lounge (which is Priority pass and Amex Plat eligible), but it looks like it is not well maintained, especially showers which photos showed mold and very dirty. Hence why I would like to be able to use Cabanas at The Wing or Shower Suites at The Pier.

I don't think I'll be able to check my bags because of the separate reservations? Although I did I have an experience in Japan recently where they connected a Japan Airlines domestic ticket to an AA international ticket to check my bag all the way through back to the US so I guess here's to hoping. If that happens, I'll just use the transit lanes and go to the Wing or the Pier upon arrival and then exit out to HK for the afternoon and come back.

If my bags can't get checked through, I'll collect them and hope I can check them in with AA agent or self-check? If that's not available, has anyone used the storage service at HKG? Seems like it would be a good option.

The MTR check in is great if you are in HK, but I don't want to have to bring my bags all the way into HK (going to have a lot of luggage bc we're going to be in HK summer and then Australia and NZ during their winter). Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in order to check your bags at Kowloon or HK, you have to validate your airport express return ticket so I wouldn't be able to just do it then when I arrived from HKG because I'd either have to pay for an extra return ticket or return immediately to HKG after checking in my bags?

Thanks again for all the help!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I would check with the Qantas forum on checking bags through with separate tickets- JAL does and so does Cathay in my experience. If this works and you go to the wing/pier there are reports that it can be a bit of a hassle to go landside from the lounge/

I think you do not have to return immediately to the airport after checking in your bags ( certainly with the Octopus card you have to tap it to use airport check in but when you tap it to get to the train it records it as nil ( as the funds were deducted when using the check in entrance and you can use it any time during the day).Others may be able to confirm.

Regards
TBS
TBS
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
The upstairs lounge by gate 3 is The Wing. I think of it as The Wing because it's in the wing that contains gates 1-4. The "other" one is The Pier.
What about The Bridge?

I visited The Wing after The Pier, since the gate for my flight was closer to there. Definitely not as nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.