Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Complimentary Drink and Snack in AA Main Cabin for Executive Platinum, oneworld Emerald and Concierge Key

from post #357 by flight62, 4 Oct 2015:

Beginning October 17 (2015), Executive Platinum and Concierge Key customers (EP/KEY) traveling in the Main Cabin on former LUS metal may select any complimentary food item from the MarketPlace menu, including snack boxes and fresh food offerings on applicable flights.

The recognition benefit will then be fully aligned on both carriers to include: la carte snacks, snack boxes, fresh meals, beer, spirits and non-premium wine.

Enhancements will be introduced to the MyFlight application on your tablet in early November which will allow you to identify customer frequent flier status. Until then, reference final paperwork per current procedures. It is important that you continue to use the EP/KEY complimentary reason code to record these transactions. This step ensures we provision adequate inventory to support the program.

Thank you for recognizing our most valued customers for their loyalty to American through this expanded benefit.
AAdvantage Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage and one snack flying in Main Cabin (or MCE) on American Airlines or American Eagle. Undocumented, but in the Flight Attendant manual, it seems to include all oneworld Emerald members; see below.

Internal AA documentation specifies (shown in reverse status order):

Complimentary Items

Executive Platinum or Concierge Key:
  • One comp drink
  • One comp food-for-sale item
AAirpass:
  • 2 comp drinks, which may be served to the cardholder and/or companion
  • 1 comp pair of earbuds, or 2 pairs if traveling with a companion
  • 1 comp food-for-sale item, 2 items if traveling with a companion
Language (Dec 2014) from the AA website:

Originally Posted by American Airlines

HAVE A SNACK AND DRINK ON US

Refresh and Relax

AAdvantage Executive Platinum and ConciergeKeySM members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin on board American Airlines, American Eagle, US Airways, and US Airways Express. The snack on American includes any food item on our menu. The snack on US Airways includes any item from our la carte menu.

Here's What You Do

At the time of your order, just present your AAdvantage Executive Platinum member card or boarding pass, or your ConciergeKey membership card. It's that simple!

What's on the Menu

We continue to revitalize our menu items to deliver an array of fresh and convenient sweet and savory snacks and meals on board our flights. This includes items* such as a chicken Caesar salad or one of our premium sandwiches both served with chips. You can also treat yourself with hand crafted cookies, a fruit and cheese plate, or a gourmet blend of spiced nuts which can be perfectly paired with a domestic or imported ice cold beer, a red or white wine from select California and international wineries, or an alcoholic beverage of your choice.

*Eligible customers may select any snack available on board any flight where food is available and one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine on a complimentary basis. Items may vary.

Post editor's emphases.

*Standard alcoholic beverage is one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine. Items may vary.

NOTE: an AA FA (see Post 249) says:

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Actually OWE is listed in our policies to receive a comp ala carte snack and beverage as well as CP, ExPLT and Concierge Key. They are all listed on our manifest as OWE

To view the archived thread/discussion, please see here: ARCHIVE: Free Wine drink and/or minor snack for EXP in Mainline Y

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by nrr
If fa's got a commission on each (cash) sale, I could see that they would be peeved--but since this (new)(old) system has been in place for quite a while, and on the (rare) occasions when I've been seated in y, I was accommodated when I mentioned that I was an exp--any objections should have been raised long ago.
It's now official... Thus I would expect that many many more EXPs will be requesting the benefit.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Is it safe to assume this will also apply to EXP on a coach award ticket?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
Is it safe to assume this will also apply to EXP on a coach award ticket?
Yes
Old Mar 14, 2012, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
A little OT here but it looks like my upgrade on an early MIA flight is not going to clear (luckily this is a three class a/c with J sold as Y.) What options does AA have for breakfast food in the back. From the few times I've been back there over the past five years it always seems that its mostly horrific junk food sold in Y.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
A little OT here but it looks like my upgrade on an early MIA flight is not going to clear (luckily this is a three class a/c with J sold as Y.) What options does AA have for breakfast food in the back. From the few times I've been back there over the past five years it always seems that its mostly horrific junk food sold in Y.
Longer flights have had a turkey and cheddar croissant sandwich w/ cinnamon/sugar pita chips...it's simple and not bad.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP-6MM; Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
This is a preemptive move by AA to soften the blow when they announce EXPs will no longer get free domestic upgrades!
If that indeed would be the case (no free upgrades) and I doubt it will be, AA can kiss a lot of revenue goodbye. I'll do a match with UA or DL if possible and "enjoy" lifetime plat status.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by jemctag
If that indeed would be the case (no free upgrades) and I doubt it will be, AA can kiss a lot of revenue goodbye. I'll do a match with UA or DL if possible and "enjoy" lifetime plat status.
Since free domestic upgrades are probably the biggest benefit of EXP I can't see AA taking away that benefit. In particular now that DL and UA dwarf AA in size and routes, which of course direct routing one of the biggest concerns for business travelers.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
I love how speculation about deep benefit cuts has invaded threads about new (or in this case, newly-published) benefits.

For what it's worth, I have it on good authority that AA plans to extend this benefit to all members (even those with no status), but they'll also introduce a co-pay. EXPs will be exempt, but non-EXPs will need to pay a fee (which varies depending on the item) to get their free alcohol and food.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Science Goy
I love how speculation about deep benefit cuts has invaded threads about new (or in this case, newly-published) benefits.

For what it's worth, I have it on good authority that AA plans to extend this benefit to all members (even those with no status), but they'll also introduce a co-pay. EXPs will be exempt, but non-EXPs will need to pay a fee (which varies depending on the item) to get their free alcohol and food.
I believe they rolled it out already. The co-pay is $6 I believe for the free alcohol.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Beeing EXP, although rarely flying domestic coach, I still find this good news.

Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:18 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Hmm. The thread title says "Mainline Y / coach" but the announcement says "American Airlines and American Eagle" Am I missing something, or does the thread title just need to be updated?

Re-read the announcement, and you're right...thread title has now been updated. Thanks for the heads-up! /Moderator
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I believe they rolled it out already. The co-pay is $6 I believe for the free alcohol.
Well, $7 co-pay for the wine and the hard stuff.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: exp 4.3mm miles
March AAirmail: Free Drink & snack for EXP & CK!

I got my March 2012 AAirmail today and it had an article spelling out that exp's and ck's qualify for free alcohol (beer, wine of mixed drink) AND Snack (sandwich, cookie,etc) Good to see AA spelling this out in a more formal fashion. It States all exp's have to do is show exp card or bl and ck's to showck card. Might not be a bad idea to print out since some fa's seem to be unaware of this benefit, although word seems to be getting around. This will definitely help.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:29 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Very old news:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...announced.html

(Search term {"exp"}, but many others work as well)

Have to figure it's been posted here long before it shows up in AAirmail.

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by wdbaldwin
I got my March 2012 AAirmail today
I received that, too, but there was an earlier e-mail about this program on March 13 with the title "Refuel and Refresh in the Main Cabin". Sounds like you didn't get that one where it was published officially for the first time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.