FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   GUIDE: LHR / London Heathrow, Connection, MCT inc. AA T3 <--> BA/IB T5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1321109-guide-lhr-london-heathrow-connection-mct-inc-aa-t3-ba-ib-t5.html)

KARFA May 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 32364680)
I have a trip booked in August that requires a LHR-LCY transit - going straight from Heathrow to City would meet the requirement?

Overnight connection on the return - fine to stay at a friend's place in Notting Hill who has been traveling with us?

This all assumes of course flights are running and we can actually enter our final destination. The UK government seems to somehow be more confused/confusing than the US, which is quite a feat.

I don't think anyone knows the exact details of the quarantine yet for transit passengers if you need to go landside - or when it would be implemented. At the moment the quarantine has been suggested but there is nothing firm. Also I think considering how much is changing it is pretty much impossible to try and predict what the situation would be in August.

KARFA May 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 32362224)
I think UK is looking to implement 14 day quarantine at rev end of May. You will be allowed in but you would have to stay in your hotel room. Not sure how would they know of you left your room or not. You can spend the night at LHR hotels and leave the country. Quarantine is 14 days or for the duration of your stay, whichever is shorter

Out of interest where have you heard this?

avatexrs Jul 16, 2020 9:38 am

LHR Connection Time

Looking to book tickets TLV to LHR on BA, then connect to LHR to ORD on AA.

One option has a connection time of 1:45 hours, and the other option has a connection of 4:45 hours.

​​​​​​This is for early 2021. We are US citizens flying business class and checking bags. Is terminal change required at LHR? Which alternative would you choose>

econometrics Jul 16, 2020 9:40 am

Originally Posted by avatexrs (Post 32535985)

One option has a connection time of 1:45 hours, and the other option has a connection of 4:45 hours.

​​​​​​This is for early 2021. We are US citizens flying business class and checking bags. Is terminal change required at LHR? Which alternative would you choose>

1:45 is plenty of time. I’ve done this same journey you’re going to do many times. 1:45 is great.

aamilesslave Jul 16, 2020 9:44 am

Originally Posted by econometrics (Post 32535991)
1:45 is plenty of time. I’ve done this same journey you’re going to do many times. 1:45 is great.

Especially now that it is a T5-T5 connection.

Steve_ZA Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am

Is terminal change required at LHR?

Currently AA has moved to LHR T5 and all BA's flights are using that terminal too, as aamilesslave said. It is unlikely that AA will return to T3 any time soon or at all according to some, however the bus service between terminals is fairly efficient and you will need to go through security in both cases.

The usual time from gate to gate is about 50 minutes at a brisk pace.

KARFA Jul 16, 2020 10:31 am

Atm no terminal change is required as AA are temporarily in T5 alongside BA, although who knows if that will be the case in early 2021. For a T5-T5 connection like that you would go through security but not through immigration. Also as long as your bags are checked through you won't need to do anything with them as they will be moved for you on to the next flight. 1hr 45min would be plenty for this.

If AA move back to T3 then when you arrive at T5 you follow the signs for flight connections to T3. You would get an airside connection bus from T5 (you can get it from T5A or T5B) to T3, then go through security at T3. Again no immigration, and no need to worry about bags if they are checked through. I would say 1hr 45min is fine for this too - I am usually in the airside departures area 30-40 mins after stepping of the plane in T5.

Bill Farris Oct 2, 2021 5:00 am

T5 to T3 1 hour?

AA has me on a flight that has a connection time of 1 hour. AA lands at T5 and the connecting BA flight is out of T3. Seems very tight in my experience. Has anybody connected through Heathrow recently on a tight connection like this? What are my chances of making this connection?

KARFA Oct 2, 2021 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Bill Farris (Post 33613029)
AA has me on a flight that has a connection time of 1 hour. AA lands at T5 and the connecting BA flight is out of T3. Seems very tight in my experience. Has anybody connected through Heathrow recently on a tight connection like this? What are my chances of making this connection?

Is this on one ticket? Minimum connection time is 90 mins between the two terminals so I think this will need rebooking at some point as it doesn’t meet MCT. I am guessing this connection is now 69 minutes due to some flight time changes?

I assume your T5 AA arrival is from JFK?

Bill Farris Oct 2, 2021 5:44 am

Delete

Bill Farris Oct 2, 2021 5:45 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 33613035)
Is this on one ticket? Minimum connection time is 90 mins between the two terminals so I think this will need rebooking at some point as it doesn’t meet MCT. I am guessing this connection is now 69 minutes due to some flight time changes?

I assume your T5 AA arrival is from JFK?

This is one ticket booked with AA. BOS - LHR - ZAG. I saw the MCT and that is what raised my concerns.

By the way AA is still selling this ticket.

The _Banking_Scot Oct 2, 2021 7:23 am

Hi,

What airline is operating BOS-LHR?
If it is AA then AA now uses T3 for all flights ( apart from JFK which remains at T5).
If it is a T3-T3 connection then MCT is 60mins ( still tight but doable)

Regards

TBS

Bill Farris Oct 2, 2021 9:05 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 33613220)
Hi,

What airline is operating BOS-LHR?
If it is AA then AA now uses T3 for all flights ( apart from JFK which remains at T5).
If it is a T3-T3 connection then MCT is 60mins ( still tight but doable)

Regards

TBS

AA operates the flight from BOS-LHR. From everything I see it is a T3 to T5 connection.

I guess wish me luck...

The _Banking_Scot Oct 2, 2021 9:13 am

Hi

When are you flying ? As ba com suggests the lhr to Zagreb flight moves from t5 to t3 at the end of October (28 th or so) when the winter time table starts?

Good luck

Regards
tbs

Bill Farris Oct 2, 2021 9:26 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 33613448)
Hi

When are you flying ? As ba com suggests the lhr to Zagreb flight moves from t5 to t3 at the end of October (28 th or so) when the winter time table starts?

Good luck

Regards
tbs

October 18th