FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   GUIDE: LHR / London Heathrow, Connection, MCT inc. AA T3 <--> BA/IB T5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1321109-guide-lhr-london-heathrow-connection-mct-inc-aa-t3-ba-ib-t5.html)

KARFA Dec 26, 2018 1:31 am

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 30572996)
Long-haul flights do generally get their gates posted about an hour before takeoff, since extra time is needed for document checks, extra screening for flights to the U.S., and for boarding in general. Short-haul flights usually don't get their gates posted until much closer, typically 30-40 minutes before departure. One reason is that LHR makes a lot of profit off shopping, and they figure if people know they won't have a gate for another 45 minutes or so, they will shop.

thats not quite correct. Short haul and domestic usually gets gates posted at 60-50 mins before. Boarding usually starts at 30 mins or 40 mins if a bus gate. As someone who has takes hundreds of flights from T5 I have my timings for leaving the lounge to get to gates for boarding down to a tee :)

have a look at the T5 connection guide on the BA board - there are lots of tips on where your flight is likely to depart from.

also so if you ask one of the ba agents at check in or at the lounge they can tell you what the indicated gate is a few hours before. It may change before it’s announced but usually it stays the same.

anabolism Dec 26, 2018 9:55 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30574299)
thats not quite correct. Short haul and domestic usually gets gates posted at 60-50 mins before. Boarding usually starts at 30 mins or 40 mins if a bus gate. As someone who has takes hundreds of flights from T5 I have my timings for leaving the lounge to get to gates for boarding down to a tee :)

I'm just going by my own experiences. I've never flown domestic from LHR, but I do fly short-haul intra-Europe fairly often, and most often the board says my gate will be announced 45 minutes before scheduled departure. Most recently I flew to ARN and the board said no gate until 30 minutes before departure.

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30574299)
also so if you ask one of the ba agents at check in or at the lounge they can tell you what the indicated gate is a few hours before. It may change before it’s announced but usually it stays the same.

Yes, this is what I always do, and usually the gate stays the same.

KARFA Dec 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 30575286)
Most recently I flew to ARN and the board said no gate until 30 minutes before departure.

Unless the flight was delayed, that would be very unusual to announce the gate that late.

nrr Dec 31, 2018 6:11 pm

I connected today (12/31) between T5 and T3 at 8:00 am--very few pax on security lines in T3. I went through security scanner and it "beeped" = extra security; passed through "special" scanner + cursory pat down, plus having to remove my shoes. I probably have more metal in my dental "stuff":p than in my shoes, which passed LHR security on several previous occasions--but LHR security is what it is.:td:

anabolism Jan 1, 2019 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 30593415)
I connected today (12/31) between T5 and T3 at 8:00 am--very few pax on security lines in T3. I went through security scanner and it "beeped" = extra security; passed through "special" scanner + cursory pat down, plus having to remove my shoes. I probably have more metal in my dental "stuff":p than in my shoes, which passed LHR security on several previous occasions--but LHR security is what it is.:td:

What is the "special scanner?" Is this a full-body scanner?

KARFA Jan 1, 2019 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 30595991)
What is the "special scanner?" Is this a full-body scanner?

yes. If the metal scanner pings (can be random or if something is detected) you go through the larger scanner.

craz Jan 29, 2019 11:23 pm

AA to BA (T3 - T5)

I assume its the same but most posts are talking about the opposite T5 - T3, my choice to keep costs down (AA award tkt) is to fly AA to LHR and then BA ) so my choice is either a connection of 105 mins from arrival to departure = less then that to make sure Door isnt closed on me, or a 5hr layover

Read where a number of folks said they wouldnt have a connect < 90 mins , well 105 is slightly more then 90 but not by much, is it safe? or do I simply spend some time in The Club. Shorter layover arrives 10:55am the longer one 7:40am There will be at least 1 checked bag and final destination is in the EU

Ldnn1 Jan 29, 2019 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 30717396)
I assume its the same but most posts are talking about the opposite T5 - T3, my choice to keep costs down (AA award tkt) is to fly AA to LHR and then BA ) so my choice is either a connection of 105 mins from arrival to departure = less then that to make sure Door isnt closed on me, or a 5hr layover

Read where a number of folks said they wouldnt have a connect < 90 mins , well 105 is slightly more then 90 but not by much, is it safe? or do I simply spend some time in The Club. Shorter layover arrives 10:55am the longer one 7:40am There will be at least 1 checked bag and final destination is in the EU

If it’s on one ticket, 105mins T3-T5 is fine. Bags will be checked through. BA will put you on the next flight, space permitting, in the unlikely event that you misconnect. Have you checked when that is?

If separate tickets and you have to collect bags, nope.

UKtravelbear Jan 30, 2019 4:56 am

On a single ticket MCT from T3 to T5 is 90 minutes and thousands of people every day of the year manage to make it not only within those 90 minutes but meet it by a significant margin. I really don't get why people get so worried about it.

But unless your AA reward ticket includes the BA flight then you will have separate flights so are not connecting and as AA (like BA) don't interline bags on separate tickets you would have to enter the UK at T3, collect your bag and then make your way landside to T5.

Given that check-in for BA short haul closes 45 minutes before departure you won't have time to do that in 105 minutes so would need to take the flight with the longer layover

ijgordon Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 30718099)
On a single ticket MCT from T3 to T5 is 90 minutes and thousands of people every day of the year manage to make it not only within those 90 minutes but meet it by a significant margin. I really don't get why people get so worried about it.

I'm sure scores of people every day miss their connections too. Clearly the odds are forever in your favor, but it all comes down to your risk tolerance and the "cost" of the misconnection to you (e.g., if the next flight is an hour later, no biggie, if it's 24 hours later and you're going to a cruise, another story).

craz Jan 30, 2019 7:43 am

But unless your AA reward ticket includes the BA flight then you will have separate flights so are not connecting and as AA (like BA) don't interline bags on separate tickets you would have to enter the UK at T3, collect your bag and then make your way landside to T5.

Given that check-in for BA short haul closes 45 minutes before departure you won't have time to do that in 105 minutes so would need to take the flight with the longer layover

Personally I only questioned it because of all the others who did so in this thread and those that answered that <90 mins they wouldnt be comfortable and that 90 was the min. An extra 15 mins isnt that much more

Yes it will be 1 tkt so no problem checking bag all the way thru

Havent flown on BA since they moved to T5 and only 1 *A connection that was all T3(LH/UA).

For my routing there are several more flights to connect to but that means arriving after sunset to a place I havent been to and dont know, thusly prefer to arrive while its light out to find my way walking to my hotel If I miss connect then the next flight is 2 hrs later a total of just < 4 hrs, so if it was chancey Id rather go with the earlier JFK flight, now I dont have eto

IADCAflyer Jan 30, 2019 7:46 am

I've done T3 -> T5 and I think I did it in 30 minutes. Granted it was one of the first arrivals of the day, but even if it took an hour, 105 minutes seems plenty to me.

Ldnn1 Jan 30, 2019 7:47 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 30718553)
I'm sure scores of people every day miss their connections too. Clearly the odds are forever in your favor, but it all comes down to your risk tolerance and the "cost" of the misconnection to you (e.g., if the next flight is an hour later, no biggie, if it's 24 hours later and you're going to a cruise, another story).

Indeed but this is why it's surprising that many posters ask 'is this connection time ok' without giving any clue as to what it would mean to them if they missed it. No connection is 100% assured. Magnitude matters just as much as the probability here.

anabolism Jan 30, 2019 11:53 pm

One reason is because neither AA nor BA has a stellar reputation for on-time arrivals, and LHR is notorious for arrival delays. Transfer security can be extensively backed-up. The flight connections bus can take forever to depart. Any of us who connect in LHR frequently have had countless times when everything went well and we had ample lounge time on a supposedly tight connection, along with more than a few times when our inbound flight was late, we had an extensive trek to the bus gate, a long wait for the bus, massive lines at transfer security, long walk and/or shuttles to the departure gates, etc. I fully understand the dilemma in choosing between a 95-minute connection and a multi-hour one.

KARFA Jan 31, 2019 3:45 am

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 30722309)
One reason is because neither AA nor BA has a stellar reputation for on-time arrivals, and LHR is notorious for arrival delays. Transfer security can be extensively backed-up. The flight connections bus can take forever to depart. Any of us who connect in LHR frequently have had countless times when everything went well and we had ample lounge time on a supposedly tight connection, along with more than a few times when our inbound flight was late, we had an extensive trek to the bus gate, a long wait for the bus, massive lines at transfer security, long walk and/or shuttles to the departure gates, etc. I fully understand the dilemma in choosing between a 95-minute connection and a multi-hour one.

Certainly an interesting opinion. As someone who connects through LHR on a weekly basis it doesn't resonate with my experiences tbh. I think my worst transfer between T5 and T3 in either direction was one that took maybe 60 minutes. Other than that I have regularly done it in 35-45 minutes from stepping off the plane to being in the airside departures area in the other terminal.

Transfer security at T5 did used to get backed up a lot, but since the improvements and new route to south security I haven't seen that happening over the last few years.

In terms of being on time arriving I don't find I am regularly late. The times I have had significant inbound delays of more than 30 minutes is less than 5-10% of my flights.

UKtravelbear Jan 31, 2019 7:16 am

BA and HAL obviously think that 90 minutes is sufficient MCT. It's been 90 minutes for a good number of years now.

They could lengthen it but that would then reduce the possible number of connections available to people and lengthen journey times.

Does it suit everyone or meet every circumstance then no but if the vast majority of people make the connection every day why make them wait longer just because a small, in the scheme of things, number of people don't manage it,

There are some people on the BA board who think it should be reduced (though I'm not in that camp)

You can usually book a longer connection if you want some extra comfort in the connection time.

And of course, if you feel more confident, take the landside route (but remember the BA conformance cut off)/

ijgordon Jan 31, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 30723257)
And of course, if you feel more confident, take the landside route (but remember the BA conformance cut off)

Maybe a tad off-topic, but I understand the HEX now has ticket barriers at the LHR stations? I know to use the tube between terminals you need an Oyster card, even though it's free; how are they handling landside transfers on the train?

tomj888 Jan 31, 2019 9:37 am

First off, it stinks that one world alliance members will not check bags to a final destination if the records are NOT bundled. that's just crap. I lived that earlier this month flying LAX-GVA on AA and BA metal on separate tickets. I had to lug skis from T3 to T5. What's not mentioned is that there is a free train (heathrow express ) from T3 to T 5 and back. You catch it very close to exiting customs. Also, you can get a fast pass to get in and out of security much faster. I was able to make my flight with a 40 minute connection. Was stressful but I did it. No weather delays and many inbound LAX-LHR flights are early due to prevailing winds. Only possible drawback can be a delay in getting a landing slot at LHR so you do the london circle as you que up to land. Luckily we had no flow control delays. So it can be done, but it sucks how unbundled ticket are treated like you have the plague.

KARFA Jan 31, 2019 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 30723694)
Maybe a tad off-topic, but I understand the HEX now has ticket barriers at the LHR stations? I know to use the tube between terminals you need an Oyster card, even though it's free; how are they handling landside transfers on the train?

It does but even if you don't have a contactless card you can use, there are free transfer ticket machines at each terminal to get a ticket which allows you to pass the barriers.

some more information in post 360 of the T5 connection guide https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29792462-post360.html

KARFA Jan 31, 2019 9:45 am

Originally Posted by tomj888 (Post 30723724)
What's not mentioned is that there is a free train (heathrow express ) from T3 to T 5 and back. You catch it very close to exiting customs.

there are lots of signs about the free HEX inter terminal transfer around each terminal.

Also, you can get a fast pass to get in and out of security much faster.
in terms of immigration those in J/F and those with status should get an immigration fast track voucher from the airline before landing. it is essential at T3 to access the non-EEA fast track lane and a bo is not sufficient, for t5 arrivals the voucher isn't needed and bp is sufficient.

for security fast track you should have access if in F/J or OWE/OWS. You can also now buy access from the airport to the fast track lanes here https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...ces/fast-track note for T5 you must use north fast track.

IADCAflyer Jan 31, 2019 10:12 am

First off, it stinks that one world alliance members will not check bags to a final destination if the records are NOT bundled. that's just crap. I lived that earlier this month flying LAX-GVA on AA and BA metal on separate tickets. I had to lug skis from T3 to T5. What's not mentioned is that there is a free train (heathrow express ) from T3 to T 5 and back. You catch it very close to exiting customs. Also, you can get a fast pass to get in and out of security much faster. I was able to make my flight with a 40 minute connection. Was stressful but I did it. No weather delays and many inbound LAX-LHR flights are early due to prevailing winds. Only possible drawback can be a delay in getting a landing slot at LHR so you do the london circle as you que up to land. Luckily we had no flow control delays. So it can be done, but it sucks how unbundled ticket are treated like you have the plague.

Oh, but weren't you the one who booked an impossibly tight connection?

JDiver Jan 31, 2019 10:40 am

Of course, reading here addresses those problems. There’s a separate thread addressing the customer unfriendly oneworld policy allowing their airlines to not interline baggage on separately ticketed flights (not all oneworld airlines enforce this policy), and the Wikipost at the top has information on the free train and links for interterminal transfers.

On LHR connections using separate ticketing and on interline unfriendly airlines, most of us would suggest four hours as a reasonable connection time.

anabolism Feb 4, 2019 4:53 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30722732)
Certainly an interesting opinion. As someone who connects through LHR on a weekly basis it doesn't resonate with my experiences tbh. I think my worst transfer between T5 and T3 in either direction was one that took maybe 60 minutes. Other than that I have regularly done it in 35-45 minutes from stepping off the plane to being in the airside departures area in the other terminal.

As I said "Any of us who connect in LHR frequently have had countless times when everything went well and we had ample lounge time on a supposedly tight connection...."

As I said, often everything goes very well. Having connecting through LHR fairly often over the past 15 years, I can recount many successful tales but also many horror stories when this was not the case. Far too often my inbound plane is stuck holding over LHR, affording lovely views at the cost of my connection time. I've had endless walks to the Flight Connections busses, only to find massive queues and late busses. Just yesterday my bus was more than 25 minutes late.

anabolism Feb 4, 2019 4:55 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 30723694)
I understand the HEX now has ticket barriers at the LHR stations? I know to use the tube between terminals you need an Oyster card, even though it's free; how are they handling landside transfers on the train?

There are machines dispensing free inter-terminal transfer tickets. There are also often staff members with the transfer tickets to hand out at the barriers.

KARFA Feb 4, 2019 4:58 am

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 30737268)
As I said "Any of us who connect in LHR frequently have had countless times when everything went well and we had ample lounge time on a supposedly tight connection...."

As I said, often everything goes very well. Having connecting through LHR fairly often over the past 15 years, I can recount many successful tales but also many horror stories when this was not the case. Far too often my inbound plane is stuck holding over LHR, affording lovely views at the cost of my connection time. I've had endless walks to the Flight Connections busses, only to find massive queues and late busses. Just yesterday my bus was more than 25 minutes late.

i am just presenting my experience based on my fairly significant travels through LHR over the years :)

sparkygirl Feb 19, 2019 4:04 pm

BCN to LHR to PHL connection time in LHR

I will be flying out of BCN BA479 arriving in LHR at 1:05 p.m. terminal 3. I depart AA 737 at 2:30 p.m. terminal 3. I have not gone through LHR before. Will I need to clear customs in BCN? Go through security? I am totally unclear about whether I just walk to my next gate in terminal 3 or have to go through security. Will my luggage automatically transfer to the AA flight. This is an AA award ticket that was booked all together. I am a little concerned since I am reading that there may be a security to go through and I'm not familiar with the process.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!!!

The _Banking_Scot Feb 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by sparkygirl (Post 30798932)
I will be flying out of BCN BA479 arriving in LHR at 1:05 p.m. terminal 3. I depart AA 737 at 2:30 p.m. terminal 3. I have not gone through LHR before. Will I need to clear customs in BCN? Go through security? I am totally unclear about whether I just walk to my next gate in terminal 3 or have to go through security. Will my luggage automatically transfer to the AA flight. This is an AA award ticket that was booked all together. I am a little concerned since I am reading that there may be a security to go through and I'm not familiar with the process.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!!!

Hi
BCN- Go through security and passport control ( no customs on departure)
At LHR T3- Follow signs for Flight Connections ( there will be an AA agent to ask ( you may be asked security questions) go through security into the departures lounge ( watch the monitors for the gate number or go to the lounge if you have access) .No customs at LHR as you are in transit

Bags will be transferred automatically at LHR to your AA flight as you are on one ticket.

Regards

TBS

gateH15 Feb 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 30798968)
Hi
BCN- Go through security and passport control ( no customs on departure)
At LHR T3- Follow signs for Flight Connections ( there will be an AA agent to ask ( you may be asked security questions) go through security into the departures lounge ( watch the monitors for the gate number or go to the lounge if you have access) .No customs at LHR as you are in transit

Bags will be transferred automatically at LHR to your AA flight as you are on one ticket.

Regards

TBS

if you have status you can tell them that you will do questions in the lounge so you don’t have to waste time. In the lounge they typically just stamp your passport without asking stupid questions.

Nuhusky Feb 19, 2019 5:43 pm

First that’s a pretty tight connection for lhr. Last time I did bcn to lhr and then onward with aa I took the first flight of the day out of bcn. Lhr held us in bcn for an hour. We then took off and they put us into a 45 min hold over London. This turned my 2 hour layover into a mad sprint through terminal 3 getting to the plane mere minutes before they closed the gate. Literally ran the whole way, it sucked.

Good luck to you, hope you have better luck

that said you will land at terminal 3. Follow connection signs, stay in terminal 3. Expect a ten min+ walk from getting off the plane to getting to security.

You will then then need to clear security, ie stick your gear into the X-ray and such. If you are flying biz class there is a separate line, if not hope for a light day. I’ve seen security take five mins to 30+ in the connections hall of 3. Once you get through security you get dumped into the waiting area of 3 followed by what will probably be a ten min+ walk again to your gate

you will not have time to go to the lounge, not with your connection time. I’d bet your plane will be boarding by the time you clear security

Often1 Feb 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Just to be clear, this presumes one ticket with a connection, not two tickets. If the latter, bags will not be checked through and OP will need to clear customs, claim his bag, take it to AA to check in and then head back through security.

JJeffrey Feb 19, 2019 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky (Post 30799261)
First that’s a pretty tight connection for lhr........
you will not have time to go to the lounge, not with your connection time. I’d bet your plane will be boarding by the time you clear security

To play devil's advocate a 1:25 T3/T3 connection at LHR will be plenty of time in 90% of cases. I've had similar T3/T3 connections a few times and all but once had enough time for a quick 20-30 mins of lounge time. Certainly not discounting your data point but there's no reason to cause a first time LHR flyer any undue stress or anxiety worrying about the connection :).

Nuhusky Feb 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 30799387)
To play devil's advocate a 1:25 T3/T3 connection at LHR will be plenty of time in 90% of cases. I've had similar T3/T3 connections a few times and all but once had enough time for a quick 20-30 mins of lounge time. Certainly not discounting your data point but there's no reason to cause a first time LHR flyer any undue stress or anxiety worrying about the connection :).

im doing the same bcn flight in a week but this time I have a solid 3 hours. Draw of the flights and not by design. I think usually a 145 min connect is ok, and yes 90% of the the time not an issue

but that said lhr and air traffic is such a crap shoot. A little fog and a back up of planes and there goes your day. Let’s also not forget brexit. Bottom line don’t mess about and get through security with speed

Hopefully original poster is either flying pre brexit or well after. God only knows how brexit messes up flights, that date is quickly approaching.

I for for one am staying out of uk airspace until I see how things shape up with flights

bse118 Feb 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Maybe we should keep this thread focused on answering the questions of a poster who is inexperienced with LHR and not introduce a bunch of conjecture about brexit and ATC holds (some of which are accounted for in planned flight times) and taking uncessarily long connection times.

1:25 is generally fine for a T3/T3 connection.

A T3/T3 connection is one of the easier connections at LHR.

OPs bags will be checked through to PHL, and OP will pass through a security checkpoint at LHR T3.

OP will go through EU exit immigration/customs at BCN. There will be no immigration or customs checks during the LHR transfer.

Those are the answers to the OPs questions.

Originally Posted by sparkygirl (Post 30798932)
. I have not gone through LHR before. .... I'm not familiar with the process.

ashill Feb 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30799375)
Just to be clear, this presumes one ticket with a connection, not two tickets. If the latter, bags will not be checked through and OP will need to clear customs, claim his bag, take it to AA to check in and then head back through security.

OP said “This is an AA award ticket that was booked all together“, so no worries there.

dls25 Feb 19, 2019 8:30 pm

I did a 1:05 t3 to t3 (from prg) a few weeks ago and had no problems. Even had time to grab a snack from the lounge. LHR security sucks however - make sure to check ALL liquids/cremes/oils etc to avoid any problems.

dantheflyingman Feb 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 30799737)
I did a 1:05 t3 to t3 (from prg) a few weeks ago and had no problems. Even had time to grab a snack from the lounge. LHR security sucks however - make sure to check ALL liquids/cremes/oils etc to avoid any problems.

Best advice I have for successfully (and quickly) navigating LHR security even when not possessing Fast Track privileges (which I inadvertently lost out on during my last transit due to not being able to read signage):
  1. Have all your liquids, creams, oils in a baggie ready to easily pull from your luggage and put on the belt (similar to non-TSA Precheck lines in the US)
  2. Have all your electronics available to be easily pulled from your luggage and put on the belt (laptops, iPads, phones - it all goes on the belt in Europe)
  3. Remember to use one bin per item - don't try to load up a bin with multiple items (particularly make sure to use a bin for your personal item alone and your carry-on bag alone). The person who is helping keep the belt moving may say differently, but you can't go wrong if you start out using one bin per item
  4. Have patience and be polite to the security personnel. Treat them respectfully and they will return the favor (unlike some TSA outposts in the US).
Your connection time should be fine, and, worst case, you find yourself on BA or rerouted through JFK on a slightly later flight.

Antarius Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 30799737)

does it suck.. or is it actually decent?

I ask because the TSA cant find squat in my bag while the ones in LHR, PEK etc. Seem to find and examine my liquids.

perseus11 Feb 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Depending on your departure date, if you miss the BA connection to AA737 (the last LHR-PHL AA flight of the day) and want to be proactive, I'd ask BA to be placed on the last BA LHR-PHL flight of the day, which departs LHR around 5PM. I assume this would likely be BA's fault, so there should be little problem with this solution, even though it's an AA award ticket.

KARFA Feb 20, 2019 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Nuhusky (Post 30799261)
We then took off and they put us into a 45 min hold over London.

That's incredibly unlucky. In the many years and hundreds of times I have been in to LHR I have never been held for that long. That would be 9/10 laps of the hold which would be extremely unusual.

Just as a reassurance to sparkygirl as I don't want here to unduly worry, I would say typical is no more than 5-10 minutes which is usually 1-2 laps of the hold. This is factored in to the flight time. I have had a few occasions where it has been 10-15 minutes. Possibly one 20 minute once. But please do not think 45 minute holding is in anyway typical or even vaguely usual, it really isn't.

I agree with the advice from others like The _Banking_Scot, if this is one ticket you will be fine and it isn't that tight. Just follow the signs for Flight Connections T3, go through security (there is a much bigger flight connections centre that opened in T3 last May), and you will then be in the airside departures area.

ijgordon Feb 20, 2019 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 30800012)
does it suck.. or is it actually decent?

I ask because the TSA cant find squat in my bag while the ones in LHR, PEK etc. Seem to find and examine my liquids.

Well do you actually feel safer because they examined you hair gel? ;)
(Or perhaps more importantly, is there any empirical evidence that you actually ARE any safer? And I’m not defending the competence of the TSA.)

Back on topic- agree that the connection will be fine ~90% of the time.