FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   GUIDE: LHR / London Heathrow Connection, MCT inc. AA T3 <--> BA/IB T5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1321109-guide-lhr-london-heathrow-connection-mct-inc-aa-t3-ba-ib-t5.html)

ijgordon Apr 18, 16 8:26 am

Originally Posted by AndyHall (Post 26494019)
Thanks! I tried via AA.com but they just redirected the page to BA, which still won't give me the BP.
I only have carry on, and would prefer prefer to skip the check in counter as the flight is really early. I'll try to get the BP at T3.

It's not at all surprising that you can't get both boarding passes through OLCI. However, it would be surprising if the BA check-in agent couldn't issue the AA boarding pass when you get to the airport for your first flight. (Not to say that it can't happen).

So just plan on getting the boarding pass for the AA flight at your departure airport (and then plan on AA reprinting that BP at some point on your journey through LHR on its own stock...)

muishkin Apr 18, 16 9:57 am

Originally Posted by iplaybass (Post 26495202)
We're traveling in December over the holiday, and AA wants to book me a legal transfer at 1:35 (0820-0955) from T5-T3. I've never done T5-T3 in less than 2 hours, but that was several years ago. I have less stressful options getting us home later, but would you do it?

If it makes you feel better.. I just did T5-T3 yesterday in a personal record time of 25 minutes flat. This is the time I measured from disembarking the plane in T5 to when I got into the BA First Lounge in T3.

econometrics Apr 18, 16 10:14 am

Originally Posted by muishkin (Post 26501608)
If it makes you feel better.. I just did T5-T3 yesterday in a personal record time of 25 minutes flat. This is the time I measured from disembarking the plane in T5 to when I got into the BA First Lounge in T3.

^

My personal best is 20 min from walking off my QR flight in T4 to the AA gate at T3. Granted, I was running. 😁

I find that my T5-T3 (and vice versa) connections are usually around 30-40 min average.

brp Apr 18, 16 10:36 am

Originally Posted by econometrics (Post 26501700)
^

My personal best is 20 min from walking off my QR flight in T4 to the AA gate at T3. Granted, I was running. ��

I find that my T5-T3 (and vice versa) connections are usually around 30-40 min average.

We did a 24 minute T3-T5 with no running, but that was like magic. This was on the plane through T5 security. We walk fast anyway. Bus right there, no line at T5 security. Will never happen again.

Cheers.

econometrics Apr 18, 16 10:43 am

Originally Posted by brp (Post 26501834)
We did a 24 minute T3-T5 with no running, but that was like magic. This was on the plane through T5 security. We walk fast anyway. Bus right there, no line at T3 security. Will never happen again.

Cheers.

Ha, true. When the bus is just there waiting for you, and there's no security line.. you know that's about once in a lifetime. ^

Microwave Apr 22, 16 10:27 am

A recent post about a VS to BA transfer at LHR has been put into its own thread in the UK and Ireland forum here.

~Moderator

Cheynewalk Apr 22, 16 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 26501064)

Then look at the after-desk. Failing that, BP at the AC and questions-and-answer at the gate.

Cheers.

FYI the Admirals Club personnel at LHR T3 told us they are not trained in ticketing and have no way to print a boarding pass. You would have to get a BP at the American Airlines desk after flight connections and just before or after T3 security.

This is critical to know in IROPS if something happens once you are airside. Keep your old BP and ask the AC staff at T3 to call the EXP help desk (or AA reservatuons I assume) if you are airside already and need a new BP or a new flight for some reason. The ExP help desk can help with the reservation but can't help get you through LHR security. LHR T3 AC can get you on the phone to EXP help desk but can't actually print a BP. At least that is what they told us.

Cheynewalk Apr 22, 16 3:25 pm

And btw what happened is that the GA looked up the ticket from the old BP and printed the new BP on AA bp stock at the gate.It's really stressful for them with the temporary setup from construction and all. The GA literally had to carry the blank BP stock to the gate in her purse and only one of the printers was working. I wouldn't recommend or count on being able to get your BP at the lounge.

Calchas Apr 22, 16 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cheynewalk (Post 26522451)
FYI the Admirals Club personnel at LHR T3 told us they are not trained in ticketing and have no way to print a boarding pass. You would have to get a BP at the American Airlines desk after flight connections and before T3 security.

Printing a boarding pass ≠ ticketing ... where do they find these people!

Cheynewalk Apr 22, 16 3:43 pm

I think he meant that by way of an explanation/apology, not necessarily to equate the two. They said they can't do either at the T3 AC. It happened we were asking for both, but even after the ticket was changed we still could not get a BP at the lounge.

Sorry if the extraneous detail obscured my point. It is merely that the LHR T3 AC does not have the BP/rebooking powers that we are used to in domestic US ACs.

nbevan Apr 22, 16 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Cheynewalk (Post 26522485)
And btw what happened is that the GA looked up the ticket from the old BP and printed the new BP on AA bp stock at the gate.It's really stressful for them with the temporary setup from construction and all. The GA literally had to carry the blank BP stock to the gate in her purse and only one of the printers was working. I wouldn't recommend or count on being able to get your BP at the lounge.

I wonder why AA needs a BP on AA stock, if for example you alreay hava BP printed by BA?

Cheynewalk Apr 22, 16 11:41 pm

They don't. The BA one would have worked on the original routing.

nbevan Apr 23, 16 12:13 am

So it is only a problem if your flights have changed. Although AA habitually reprint BPs, if you already have a BA issued BP and no flight changes you can skip the AA flight connections room and go straight to the gate with the BA issued BP.

Cheynewalk Apr 23, 16 12:33 am

Yes, that's right.

Perhaps someone else can confirm, but I think the advantage of reprinting on AA stock (though it's not necessary) may be that the AA BP will say "DOCS OK" and perhaps you can then skip the docs "interrogation" just before the gate, which can be a hassle/bottleneck.

One of our party had a mini-"interrogation" at the Admirals Club in T3, whereupon they put some sort of sticker on her BP wallet. They didn't explain the sticker but indicated that it would be helpful somehow. The sticker later seemed to satisfy the LHR security doing the docs "interrogation," who kind of waved her through the "interrogation" upon seeing the sticker. Maybe that sticker is equivalent to a "DOCS OK" BP, but that part was not explained to us.

Calchas Apr 23, 16 4:52 am

Originally Posted by nbevan (Post 26523691)
I wonder why AA needs a BP on AA stock, if for example you alreay hava BP printed by BA?

Originally Posted by Cheynewalk (Post 26523696)
They don't. The BA one would have worked on the original routing.

They always reprint mine onto AA paper