Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)

SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 15, 18, 12:51 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
SAN / San Diego Lindbergh Field International Airport AirSpace Lounge
Terminal 2 East, near Gate 33

Link to SAN AA airport information.

Link to SAN airport web site.

LOCATION: Terminal 2, immediately to the left, before Gate 23

INFORMATION: This is a lounge operated for American Airlines as an Admirals Club; not all Club policies are operating here. The original Club staff can be found at the desk; others are contract employees. Serves American Airlines, British Airways and Japan Airlines customers; American Express Centurion and Platinum members have access.

AirSpace Lounge SAN is accessible to all Terminal 2 passengers. We are located in the San Diego International Airport, between Terminal 2 East security and the bridge to Terminal 2 West. Complimentary showers, dedicated business areas and an expansive food and beverage menu allow Airspace San Diego customers to separate themselves from the airport concourse and work, play or refresh for as little as $25 per entry.
HOURS: The hours are posted here.

AMENITIES:
  • Additional $10 credit for premium menu items included with every entry (Not available for Admirals Club members. Credit available for AMEX Platinum and Centurion holders. Passengers who access via BA or JL are entitled to two premium items, regardless of price)
  • Unlimited, complimentary soft drinks and light snacks
  • Full bar
  • Complimentary use of AirSpace's shower facility
  • Semi-private conference room (Seats up to 6)
  • Complimentary printing
  • Unlimited complimentary espresso and cappucino
  • Unlimited complimentary Peet's Coffees & Teas
  • Complimentary scanning
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Power outlets at every seat
  • Assistance with delays

Print Wikipost

Old May 18, 18, 9:44 am

Hi,
My mom will be connecting through SAN with a 5 hour layover. She's doing NRT to SAN in JAL business, then onward to DFW on AA. I believe she will have access to the lounge due to her JAL flight being in business. Will she have unlimited access to the premium menu just by getting her JAL boarding pass stamped? (I read earlier about BA premium menu that was unlimited). Or is she entitled to just 2 items? Or is the JAL benefit only for departing passengers and not arriving?

She does not speak a lot of English, so I would like to explain it all to her so she knows what to expect before she departs on her trip.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old May 18, 18, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, IHG AMB PLT,
Originally Posted by DFW1972 View Post
Hi,
My mom will be connecting through SAN with a 5 hour layover. She's doing NRT to SAN in JAL business, then onward to DFW on AA. I believe she will have access to the lounge due to her JAL flight being in business. Will she have unlimited access to the premium menu just by getting her JAL boarding pass stamped? (I read earlier about BA premium menu that was unlimited). Or is she entitled to just 2 items? Or is the JAL benefit only for departing passengers and not arriving?

She does not speak a lot of English, so I would like to explain it all to her so she knows what to expect before she departs on her trip.

Thanks in advance for your help!
According to the Wiki she will get 2 items free, when I go to the Web page for the lounge, they talk about 2 free items with a paid entrance fee, but nowhere does it talk about when flying BA or JAL. I would assume your mom gets access on arrival. I would also assume they would have a Japanese speaker there.

Here is the Phone # and email for the lounge.

Phone 619.686.8581

Email: [email protected]