Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Kudos / Props / Compliments to AA Employees

Please feel free to add your positive experiences or interaction with one or more AA employees.

Don't forget - you can express your appreciation in meaningful ways:

1. Go to aa.com, click on "Contact AA", "Customer Relations", and then "Compliment/Complaint/Comment", and fill out the form with date, flight number and as many details as you can. This will often input to employee records.

2. DM or Tweet @AmericanAir on Twitter. These comments are passed on to the employ, their supervisor and entered into employee records. See Using AA Twitter social media team: how, what, when (master thd)

3. You can, if you have them, give the employee an "Above and Beyond" chit - feedback and good for an entry into a sweepstakes for 25,000 miles; see Outstanding Service Excellence (Above and Beyond) Employee Recognition Certs / Chits.

NOTE: You can give them the chit or the 12 character serial to enter in Jetnet, to enter quarterly draws for up to $10,000. The certificates are not entered into employee's files at this time (as reported by employees) unlike letters and other communications regarding employee recognition.

4. If the service was truly noteworthy, why not send a "snail mail" to:

Kerry Hester Philipovitch
Senior Vice President of Customer Experience
American Airlines
4333 Amon Carter Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76155
The previous, lengthy thread consolidating Kudos to American Airlines employees is here: ARCHIVE: Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA Employees (consolidated)
Updated 5 Aug 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: All
I use those little certificates they give you when you hit elite status... unfortunately I have only had occasion to use one in the past 20 or so flights.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Wish I had some certs for both the gate agents at MCO and the cabin crew on this evening's MCO-DCA flight. Between a TFR being imposed with Air Force 1 arriving at 6:00 pm, a "nick in a forward landing gear tire" which required a tire change, ATC ground stops in DCA, and (this is a new one on me) a requirement to switch from a CFM engined A-321 to an IAE engined A-321 in order to be within noise abatement levels at DCA, we had 3+ hours of delays at MCO. The gate agents kept their cool (especially after the 8:00 pm flight was cancelled), and kept us constantly informed. Kudos also to the inbound cabin crew who came off an inbound and turned immediately around to crew our delayed MCO-DCA flight.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA phone agent just saved my undeserving butt. I had a cancelled ticket with a little over $200 in value on it. I cancelled it last November and finally got around to calling today to use it. I didn’t realize it expires a year from issue not from cancellation. Of course I booked it 5/11/18.

The agent nicely got authorization to override that and he applied the ticket value to a new ticket.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Wish I had some certs for ....
You can DM AA with the record locator and enough information that they can identify the gate agents and crew. You can also use the 'Contact Us' web form and select Customer Relations.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CMK10
AA phone agent just saved my undeserving butt. I had a cancelled ticket with a little over $200 in value on it. I cancelled it last November and finally got around to calling today to use it. I didn’t realize it expires a year from issue not from cancellation. Of course I booked it 5/11/18.

The agent nicely got authorization to override that and he applied the ticket value to a new ticket.
Nice gesture to a frequent flyer.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I had some top service from one of the Concierge Key checkin agents at LHR earlier today. We rocked up to check in for a quick holiday trip on economy tickets (upgrades didn't clear) but my ESTA was screwed up somewhere between me and the CBP. We all know that correct documentation and approvals to travel are the passenger responsibility...

The agent was very helpful and patient while I pounded another ESTA application while standing at the counter (twice, since the CBP site malfunctioned first time!) and held us seats on a later flight. While I have to give the CBP credit for approving the new ESTA in about 40 minutes that wasn't quite quick enough so we ended up on the later flight - and the agent even blocked a seat next to us which is pretty handy in the 788 seats.

It's this sort of thing that keeps one loyal to one airline.

I've sent a compliment via the customer services contact web form.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have quite a few that expired 1/21. Can I still use them? When I hand them out to FAs they never know if they still work now that they’ve technically expired. Does anyone know for sure? AA hasn’t sent new ones and it’s hard to expect people to write in notes after each flight since it’s not always easy for some people to know how or remember after the moment has passed.
Old May 7, 2021, 4:02 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Does this even apply anymore? I recently learned AA is no longer sending membership kits. I wanted to send certificates after having a great interaction with an FA and the pilot, but this may have gone the way of the buffalo.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There are a lot of negative posts on Flyertalk with respect to the airline industry in general but also with reference to AA in particular. Therefore, I thought it would be somewhat balancing to share a positive story. I was aboard AA 1375 from ORD to LAX yesterday and had an outstanding flight attendant by the name of Jared whose assignment was the first class cabin. He greeted everyone as they boarded and addressed all the passengers in first class by name and acknowledged their status with AA. He was friendly but maintained a professional demeanor at all times. He made many passes throughout the cabin asking if we needed anything during the entire flight. I watched as he patiently helped the passenger in front of me get connected to AA's entertainment on their phone. Jared is quite young and I hope he maintains this enthusiasm and level of service throughout his career. I did send a message to Customer Relations at AA and received the following response this morning:

Hello xxxxx:

Thanks for contacting Customer Relations. My name is Rhonda and I'm here to help. It is a pleasure to know that the performance of one of our employees, Jared, surpassed your expectations, and I thank you on their behalf.

I'm happy to make your comments available to our leadership team for review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing American Airlines, xxxxx. We value your loyalty as an Executive Platinum AAdvantageŽ member and look forward to welcoming you aboard a future flight.

Sincerely,
Rhonda
Customer Relations
American Airlines
la2clt, apeortdz, jaloola and 4 others like this.

Last edited by marnold3; Aug 22, 2021 at 8:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.