Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Kudos / Props / Compliments to AA Employees

Please feel free to add your positive experiences or interaction with one or more AA employees.

Don't forget - you can express your appreciation in meaningful ways:

1. Go to aa.com, click on "Contact AA", "Customer Relations", and then "Compliment/Complaint/Comment", and fill out the form with date, flight number and as many details as you can. This will often input to employee records.

2. DM or Tweet @AmericanAir on Twitter. These comments are passed on to the employ, their supervisor and entered into employee records. See Using AA Twitter social media team: how, what, when (master thd)

3. You can, if you have them, give the employee an "Above and Beyond" chit - feedback and good for an entry into a sweepstakes for 25,000 miles; see Outstanding Service Excellence (Above and Beyond) Employee Recognition Certs / Chits.

NOTE: You can give them the chit or the 12 character serial to enter in Jetnet, to enter quarterly draws for up to $10,000. The certificates are not entered into employee's files at this time (as reported by employees) unlike letters and other communications regarding employee recognition.

4. If the service was truly noteworthy, why not send a "snail mail" to:

Kerry Hester Philipovitch
Senior Vice President of Customer Experience
American Airlines
4333 Amon Carter Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76155
The previous, lengthy thread consolidating Kudos to American Airlines employees is here: ARCHIVE: Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA Employees (consolidated)
Updated 5 Aug 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Received an email from AA with respect to the compliments I gave Jordan, an outstanding FA on a recent HNL/LAX flight.

December 24, 2018

Hello xxxxxxx
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.It is always encouraging to receive a compliment and your praise of Jordan is particularly meaningful. I have documented your experience and forwarded that information along with your correspondence to management in Flight Services so he can be acknowledged for the outstanding customer service he is providing. xxxxxxx, we have valued your loyalty and support since 1985, it's a privilege to have you as an American Airlines customer. Please continue to travel with us often. On behalf of all of us here at American Airlines, I'd like to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and the very best for the New Year.Sincerely,

Diane ... Customer Relations
American Airlines
JDiver and TheSkyGuy like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 24, 2018 at 8:32 pm Reason: Redacted name if non-management employee
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
@anabolism I sent a note to AA Customer Relations however I should have sent a tweet to AA as well but I know she received I saw her again at DFW a month or two after this happened and she was very glad and thanked me for sending it.
That's great!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by marnold3
we have valued your loyalty and support since 1985
Congratulations on more than three decades of flying AA!

BTW, I'm still chuckling about the kids who declared that they would be naughty.
JDiver and marnold3 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Kudos to the Twitter team.
Yesterday, while AA EXP desk telephone line was jammed and had over 1 hour wait time. I opted to twit AA team regarding seeing (via EF alert) 2C upgrade seats available on a PEK-LAX flight. Asked if they could HOLD those for me (gave them the Record Locator of a reservation that was on 24 hour hold). They did it without fuss!
Hour later when EXP desk returned call, all was history!
Great Job AA Twitter Team!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:04 pm

I sent a message into AA already, but I just had to post here to say how impressed I was by the staff in the AA Flagship lounge at JFK.

Sadly I've misplaced the gentleman's name since I put in my message earlier, but I have to say that managing to get my wife and I to smile / laugh after a full day of travelling was a really impressive feat! His recommendations on the Taco's were spot on too. Delicious!

Easily the best CS experience I had on my trip to the US.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:30 am

AA Flight Attendants (how to provide feedback/recognition)

I recently had a rough flight back from SJD - DFW on AA. Well the last part anyway. My other half was using my insanely expensive bang and olfsen wireless head phones and managed to drop one. Conveniently, it fell not just in between the seat but in the tiniest of places between the media. It was impossible to get with your hands. Then in an effort to get it out, lost my Apple Pencil as well. (I then left my phone on the plane in the chaos).

Two of the flight attendants went WAY out of their way to retrieve these items for us, which weirdly enough involved a can opener. (The third was visibly pissed, ha!).

Whom do I contact to let AA know how helpful these two were? I really would like to reach out but not sure which avenue would get the most traction. Email, Twitter, phone call??

Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

Try this thread in the AA forum for ideas . Twitter works well. (“Above and Beyond” certs are provided to AA elites to provide on the spot recognition).

Providing praise when I didn't have my Above & Beyond recognition certificates?

JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:22 pm

Awesome, thank you!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:53 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving to the AAdvantage forum for further discussion. Thanks.

/JY1024, TravelBuzz and AAdvantage moderator
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
I have employee recognition certs that have gone unused due to the rarity of receiving anything close to outstanding service. You're welcome to all of them.
AANYC1981 and Mike Gilbert like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
I have employee recognition certs that have gone unused due to the rarity of receiving anything close to outstanding service. You're welcome to all of them.
I use them for any flight that forgoes the Barclays pitch.
MathMusic and Uncle Nonny like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
I am unsure of what those are, could you elaborate?

I just flew to and from Rome and we had a fantastic flight crew both ways. I wrote down the names of each person who went above and beyond and I would love to ensure the higher ups know who is great!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:31 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by simonsays11
Whom do I contact to let AA know how helpful these two were? I really would like to reach out but not sure which avenue would get the most traction. Email, Twitter, phone call??
Best approach is to write to AA Customer Relations via the AA website, select Compliment from the dropdown menu, and provide as much identifying info as you can about the two FAs who assisted you. You can ask for them to be provided with a copy of your note for their files.
SunkissedMommy likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enpremiere

I use them for any flight that forgoes the Barclays pitch.
Is that another way of saying you still have all of yours also?

I usually send a DM or reply to the Twitter account. No idea if anything happens, but they always reply.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by SunkissedMommy
I am unsure of what those are, could you elaborate?

I just flew to and from Rome and we had a fantastic flight crew both ways. I wrote down the names of each person who went above and beyond and I would love to ensure the higher ups know who is great!
Elite status members get a series of tear off coupons that can be given to AA employees in the field. The employees fill them out and turn them in and get entered into drawings for prizes once a month ($10,000?). I acquire them much quicker than I can hand them out. My current stash (I keep in my Bose headphone case) are pretty frayed at this point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.