Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Kudos / Props / Compliments to AA Employees

Please feel free to add your positive experiences or interaction with one or more AA employees.

Don't forget - you can express your appreciation in meaningful ways:

1. Go to aa.com, click on "Contact AA", "Customer Relations", and then "Compliment/Complaint/Comment", and fill out the form with date, flight number and as many details as you can. This will often input to employee records.

2. DM or Tweet @AmericanAir on Twitter. These comments are passed on to the employ, their supervisor and entered into employee records. See Using AA Twitter social media team: how, what, when (master thd)

3. You can, if you have them, give the employee an "Above and Beyond" chit - feedback and good for an entry into a sweepstakes for 25,000 miles; see Outstanding Service Excellence (Above and Beyond) Employee Recognition Certs / Chits.

NOTE: You can give them the chit or the 12 character serial to enter in Jetnet, to enter quarterly draws for up to $10,000. The certificates are not entered into employee's files at this time (as reported by employees) unlike letters and other communications regarding employee recognition.

4. If the service was truly noteworthy, why not send a "snail mail" to:

Kerry Hester Philipovitch
Senior Vice President of Customer Experience
American Airlines
4333 Amon Carter Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76155
The previous, lengthy thread consolidating Kudos to American Airlines employees is here: ARCHIVE: Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA Employees (consolidated)
Updated 5 Aug 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
And the one person that wanted it, got it?
Wish I could report the same on my last few American Eagle flights when I've requested Woodford on the rocks.

Every request this year for Woodford has been answered with "nope", "don't have it", "we always run out of that", "they gave us one bottle for two flights", "it's Dewars or nothing".
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:49 pm

See, now that’s a problem!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by DCP2016
What would've happened if 3 people wanted it?
They would have to drink something else. There is limited cart space, especially on regionals. So if you want to add a can of X you will have to remove a can of Y. It's not like there is a significant cost difference between the various canned drinks so they surely do the best they can to match demand.

Now the lack of Woodford on the other hand, is almost certainly driven by a difference in price relative to other minis...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by wetrat0
They would have to drink something else. There is limited cart space, especially on regionals. So if you want to add a can of X you will have to remove a can of Y. It's not like there is a significant cost difference between the various canned drinks so they surely do the best they can to match demand.

Now the lack of Woodford on the other hand, is almost certainly driven by a difference in price relative to other minis...
But I keep hearing that AA is going for great. Why does that entail moving to less expensive (and inferior-tasting) bourbon whiskey?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Despite all the complaints about PHL, I was taken care of particularly well there today by everyone I met. Special thanks to Erika at the B/C Admirals Club who got me on an earlier flight and made sure I got to the gate in time for that flight. My original flight cancelled as the earlier flight was taxiing to the runway so I would’ve been spending the night in Philly if she hadn’t taken care of me.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Today I handed out the last one of my Kudos voucher to an outstanding FA in F on the DFW-SFO route today. This voucher was the last one that I had with an expiration date (January 2019). Now I need to work on the pile of others that I've been hoarding. I have been wondering if AA is monitoring my stash and will now send me new ones once the FA's turn them in (past four weeks I've given out the 4). Or am I just being optimistic and idealistic that AA actually is tracking my inventory and will replenish it as the vouchers are being redeemed?

BTW, which Elites get these vouchers? I half recall receiving multiple batches as I progressed from Gold to EXP in recent years. This year, I've not gotten any and I turn Exp in July.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Today I handed out the last one of my Kudos voucher to an outstanding FA in F on the DFW-SFO route today. This voucher was the last one that I had with an expiration date (January 2019). Now I need to work on the pile of others that I've been hoarding. I have been wondering if AA is monitoring my stash and will now send me new ones once the FA's turn them in (past four weeks I've given out the 4). Or am I just being optimistic and idealistic that AA actually is tracking my inventory and will replenish it as the vouchers are being redeemed?

BTW, which Elites get these vouchers? I half recall receiving multiple batches as I progressed from Gold to EXP in recent years. This year, I've not gotten any and I turn Exp in July.

My experience has been that I got them at the beginning of the year (was Gold at the time) and then I received more when I reached Platinum. I've since crossed into PlatPro and EXP so I'm guessing I'll get more.

I was pleased with the way the FA greeted me during service and told me how she appreciated my status so I gave her a chit. I give them to ground staff equally as often.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA and DL
Small specific kudos - but want to mention it. Was caught up in the aftermath of the PHX security issue yesterday - the misses and I were inbound on 657 from LAX - departed on time, but the pilot warned us during boarding of a potential tarmac wait upon arrival. Landed and went into the center hold bay for about an hour waiting for a gate. Pilot gave us a status update about every 15 minutes till we got the news that A20 was ready for us - I thanked him for keeping us in the loop when we were getting off and he seemed appreciative. (I had a similar experience with United at ORD a couple years ago during IRROPS due to snow and the crew went radio silence on us for almost an hour while we were in no-man's land). Even if it's bad news - hearing something relieves a lot of tension IMO.

Sort of a broader kudos though - through a mix of planned trips and last minute bookings I've been on a lot of AA flights in the past few months. Have experienced multiple hubs (PHX, LAX, PHL, DCA, CLT), both mainline and Eagle, and every flight during this spate of trips has been on time (except 657 yesterday - but that gets an asterisk due to the circumstances) or early. Crews (both ground and FAs/pilots) have been been courteous. Was on 1200 PHX-EWR last Thursday and our pilot was awesome - gave us all sorts of routing and ops info. AA remains my choice.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
I was wondering if the Admirals Club agent will get in trouble if i send a compliment in I was in the Admirals Club lounge when my Uber called and said I left my passport in his uber. I told him I would probably miss my flight if I went out and retrieved in but the Admirals Club agent overheard and asked if she could go retrieve my passport so I don't have to reclear security. She ended up getting it for me and brought it to my plane. I tried tipping her but she wouldn't accept so i ended up giving her a voucher. I really want to thank her but i don't want her to get in trouble for leaving and getting my passport for me.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Last night (12/21/18) on flight 162 (HNL to LAX), I had one of the better FA’s I have ever experienced in decades of flying on American Airlines. His name is Jordan and he was personable, attentive, and had a great sense of humor. He did all this while maintaining a very professional demeanor. He greeted all passengers as they entered the aircraft but he was especially good with the kids. Those in holiday outfits got asked if they were going to be naughty or nice. Most said good but a few rebels shouted naughty. Somehow, he still found the time to do a full PDB service that was pretty much whatever you wanted. When he was taking lunch orders, he addressed all passengers not only by name but he also recognized your elite status and thanked you for your loyalty. He was attentive to the passengers in first class throughout the entire flight. When he did the mint presentation at the end of the flight, they were on a tray with a bubbling dry ice fountain surrounded by koa nut leis. Originally, I thought it would be great if AA could clone Jordan but that would be a little too “Stepford”. Rather he should be used as an example of exemplary service for all FA’s. We all should hope that Jordan maintains this level of service and enthusiasm throughout his career but I truly suspect that he will. The truly crowning touch was a personalized holiday card from Jordan for every passenger in first class written in both Hawaiian and English. I don’t think AA could have given me a better holiday gift.

JDiver, Dedicated and krakendown like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by marnold3
Last night (12/21/18) on flight 162 (HNL to LAX), I had one of the better FA’s I have ever experienced in decades of flying on American Airlines. His name is Jordan and he was personable, attentive, and had a great sense of humor. He did all this while maintaining a very professional demeanor. He greeted all passengers as they entered the aircraft but he was especially good with the kids. Those in holiday outfits got asked if they were going to be naughty or nice. Most said good but a few rebels shouted naughty. Somehow, he still found the time to do a full PDB service that was pretty much whatever you wanted. When he was taking lunch orders, he addressed all passengers not only by name but he also recognized your elite status and thanked you for your loyalty. He was attentive to the passengers in first class throughout the entire flight. When he did the mint presentation at the end of the flight, they were on a tray with a bubbling dry ice fountain surrounded by koa nut leis. Originally, I thought it would be great if AA could clone Jordan but that would be a little too “Stepford”. Rather he should be used as an example of exemplary service for all FA’s. We all should hope that Jordan maintains this level of service and enthusiasm throughout his career but I truly suspect that he will. The truly crowning touch was a personalized holiday card from Jordan for every passenger in first class written in both Hawaiian and English. I don’t think AA could have given me a better holiday gift.

Jordan is one of a kind, and I know AA is proud of him. He does an outstanding job.
NYC Flyer and marnold3 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
I was wondering if the Admirals Club agent will get in trouble if i send a compliment in I was in the Admirals Club lounge when my Uber called and said I left my passport in his uber. I told him I would probably miss my flight if I went out and retrieved in but the Admirals Club agent overheard and asked if she could go retrieve my passport so I don't have to reclear security. She ended up getting it for me and brought it to my plane. I tried tipping her but she wouldn't accept so i ended up giving her a voucher. I really want to thank her but i don't want her to get in trouble for leaving and getting my passport for me.
What did you end up doing, @Daniel Solis? I'd suggest a note to AA Customer Relations using the "Contact Us" web form, and also a Tweet. I hope what she did wasn't against any rule (it would be a silly rule, in my view), but you don't have to go into detail, just say that she was super helpful and saved you from missing your flight and you are very grateful.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by marnold3
Those in holiday outfits got asked if they were going to be naughty or nice. Most said good but a few rebels shouted naughty.
That's hilarious! Thank you.

Also, I hope you sent a note to AA Customer Relations and also a Tweet about Jordon.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anabolism
That's hilarious! Thank you.

Also, I hope you sent a note to AA Customer Relations and also a Tweet about Jordon.
I did that right away. Happy Holidays to all!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
Originally Posted by anabolism
What did you end up doing, @Daniel Solis? I'd suggest a note to AA Customer Relations using the "Contact Us" web form, and also a Tweet. I hope what she did wasn't against any rule (it would be a silly rule, in my view), but you don't have to go into detail, just say that she was super helpful and saved you from missing your flight and you are very grateful.
@anabolism I sent a note to AA Customer Relations however I should have sent a tweet to AA as well but I know she received I saw her again at DFW a month or two after this happened and she was very glad and thanked me for sending it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.