Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantage® Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Gold® status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Platinum® status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American Eagle® or the AmericanConnection®

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
So you flew 975k miles in 3 years???

Only way you could possibly know that you did 975k BIS and just barely cross 1MM now.
I've been an AA member sine August 30, 1989 - looked that up just for You
It's been a long time coming

Just thought this would be a place for people to post their threshold as they reach it just as people post when they hit EXP throughout the year.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Plato1

Just thought this would be a place for people to post their threshold as they reach it just as people post when they hit EXP throughout the year.
Such a thread does already exist, though it's been a while since anyone posted to it:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ec-2011-a.html

The point imapilotaz was making is that your 975K almost certainly aren't all BIS. If you held any elite status before 2011, there are some elite status bonus miles included in the 1 million.

I mean, it's not impossible that all 975K are BIS, but that'd require you to, for instance, fly 20K miles per year for 20 years and then 200K per year after the million-miler program changed.

As for being #1 on the upgrade list and not getting it? Happens all the time.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:38 pm

Just made lifetime gold , it's been a long long time coming - almost 26 years!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
And wouldn't it be nice if when meeting some threshold like this a simple thank you like they do with a note on your seat on UA ?
You'll get an electronic thank you and a gift (bonus miles I believe).
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:57 pm

Oh -that's a nice gesture
I do often wonder how many people with any status are on any of my flights.
A few days ago I was upgraded and there were empty seats in first on two consecutive flights
Other times the UG lists are quite long
I know it's based on city and day and time but it's one of those things I wonder about
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just made lifetime gold , it's been a long long time coming - almost 26 years!
Congratulations! You'll have lifetime Gold and receive 35,000 redeemable / bonus miles, neither of them bad things at all.

We've merged your thread into the existing one; happy travels! /Moderator
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
So you flew 975k miles in 3 years???

Only way you could possibly know that you did 975k BIS and just barely cross 1MM now.

Sorry math doesnt work. 25 years would be 40,000 miles per year. You will by definition had to been Elite for many years, earning at a minimum 25% bonus miles and likely 100% in some years... or you earned miles thru non-BIS methods like credit cards and double miles promotions prior to 2011.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Sorry math doesnt work. 25 years would be 40,000 miles per year. You will by definition had to been Elite for many years, earning at a minimum 25% bonus miles and likely 100% in some years... or you earned miles thru non-BIS methods like credit cards and double miles promotions prior to 2011.
A lot of us benefited from the pre2012 rules that toted up every mile we earned as a lifetime mile. My lifetime Gold was a total surprise, when my 500k+ TWA Aviators miles were assimilated into my AAdvantage account.

I've flown AA and partners a lot, been EXP well over a decade - but I promise I didn't earn 5 million miles by planting my glutes into airplane seats!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JDiver
A lot of us benefited from the pre2012 rules that toted up every mile we earned as a lifetime mile. My lifetime Gold was a total surprise, when my 500k+ TWA Aviators miles were assimilated into my AAdvantage account.

I've flown AA and partners a lot, been EXP well over a decade - but I promise I didn't earn 5 million miles by planting my glutes into airplane seats!
And so he wouldnt be at just 1m miles with 975k BIS... thats my issue. Hes representing that hes just crossed 1m miles with 975k BIS. its likely half that or less.

For example im at 1.6m miles and only 600k million miler miles.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Maybe the most accurate way for people to express it is: "all from AA flying activity-- [little/almost none/none] credit card and other"

But, as pointed out, that's a FAR cry from being, truly "1mm BIS" if many/much/some of these AA "million miles" miles were accumulated before the big change, where, as pointed out, the bonuses, etc were, in essence, "inescapable" as it were, no matter how little non-flying activity one has posting to their account.

Even compensation miles, CC sign-up miles, purchased miles and transferred miles counted towards that total back then, etc., etc.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Maybe the most accurate way for people to express it is: "all from AA flying activity-- [little/almost none/none] credit card and other"

But, as pointed out, that's a FAR cry from being, truly "1mm BIS" if many/much/some of these AA "million miles" miles were accumulated before the big change, where, as pointed out, the bonuses, etc were, in essence, "inescapable" as it were, no matter how little non-flying activity one has posting to their account.

Even compensation miles, CC sign-up miles, purchased miles and transferred miles counted towards that total back then, etc., etc.
Leave it to Jon to express more eloquently what i was trying to say. Im hoping to hit lifetime Gold by the time i hit 2.5M total miles.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:11 am

Finally made 1M, after 1.424M total. No way will I hit 2M!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last Friday's CLT-MSP flight put me over the top to 1,000,000 Miles on AA. I had a little over 900,000 when the earning changes happened in 2011 and I got about 35,000 from US when those miles transferred over. I'd guess total BIS miles to be around 400,000.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Congratulations are in order!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thank you! It was very exciting seeing this today:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.