Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantage® Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Gold® status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Platinum® status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American Eagle® or the AmericanConnection®

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, PriorityClub Platinum
2MM from AMM-LHR

Finally hit 2mm. Started with AA in 1998 back when they actually were the largest carrier in BOS...my how times have changed. AA's a niche carrier at BOS now, and B6 is the best option.

Hit 1mm in 2006, and 2mm this year. Lots of CC miles, but also lots of miles with CX and recently RJ back and forth to Asia and the ME. Nice that I can now earn AA miles flying BA to LHR (which I actually prefer), but the stupid fuel surcharges on BA have really reduced the value of redeemable miles.

Knowing my travel karma, I fully expect that now that I've hit 2mm, the lifetime benefits will be changed or watered down, so when the eventual announcement comes, you can blame me.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Crossing over double digit BIS this Saturday

no expectations other then the normal MM passage goodies - probably one of the last under the pure banner of AA pre merger. Just a statement that some of us have been with AA a long time.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
no expectations other then the normal MM passage goodies - probably one of the last under the pure banner of AA pre merger. Just a statement that some of us have been with AA a long time.
Do you mean 10MM? If so, this is huge. Congrats. Please let us know when the milestone will occur so that we can drink a toast in your honor even if nothing much is done on your actual flight.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Lifetime AAdvantage Diamond?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean 10MM? If so, this is huge. Congrats. Please let us know when the milestone will occur so that we can drink a toast in your honor even if nothing much is done on your actual flight.
Yes - 10 MM BIS - :-)

Should happen on a ORD - LAX flight this Saturday July 13, 2013 Thank you. Nada will happen on the flight ....
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:18 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

Should happen on a ORD - LAX flight this Saturday July 13, 2013 Thank you. Nada will happen on the flight ....
At the very least, you should get the Preparation H Lifetime Achievement Award

Cheers.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia

10MM BIS is insane. If you don't mind me asking, how high is your lifetime count (since AA counted all miles until a couple years ago)? I'm guessing you're up above 15MM.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:42 am

Yes - Insane

Originally Posted by ps9a
10MM BIS is insane. If you don't mind me asking, how high is your lifetime count (since AA counted all miles until a couple years ago)? I'm guessing you're up above 15MM.
quite a bit lower then your guess - I will say that I've USED over 9.5 million miles over the years - it is the best program of them all. When they changed how the count was made for lifetime and MM roll overs - I didn't think i would make it - I happened to have a very busy few years..... making it to 11 mm bis not sure I see that coming -and I would wander way off topic to discuss. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:53 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
quite a bit lower then your guess - I will say that I've USED over 9.5 million miles over the years - it is the best program of them all. When they changed how the count was made for lifetime and MM roll overs - I didn't think i would make it - I happened to have a very busy few years..... making it to 11 mm bis not sure I see that coming -and I would wander way off topic to discuss. Thanks.
Presuming you were Platinum or Exec the entire time, wouldn't your lifetime total be at least double your BIS?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Congrats and simply incredible! ^^^

While I've never climbed them, I would have to say your achievement is almost equivalent to climbing all 14 8000 meter mountains of the world w/out the use of oxygen..."rarefied air" I say..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-thousanders
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Presuming you were Platinum or Exec the entire time, wouldn't your lifetime total be at least double your BIS?
I've always been top tier - entered the program on day one. 7 digit AA number starting with the number 1******.

Actually BIS has never been separated out until this latest change in 2011. It's a muddled mess. I don't remember the early days - I don't believe bonus miles were part of the formula - and credit card miles didn't exist. I doubt even AA could tell someone their true BIS. What I do know is since November 2011 - with a LONG way to go to the next level of MM - I was in the air quite a bit. Both business and pleasure.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jacobin777
Congrats and simply incredible! ^^^

While I've never climbed them, I would have to say your achievement is almost equivalent to climbing all 14 8000 meter mountains of the world w/out the use of oxygen..."rarefied air" I say..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-thousanders
I'm laughing - I've been to 5,182 meters without wings several times - that's as high as I could or wanted to go..... From there the top doesn't look so high.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
I'm laughing - I've been to 5,182 meters without wings several times - that's as high as I could or wanted to go..... From there the top doesn't look so high.
LOL...that's funny!

17,000 feet is still quite high (and impressive)...
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:52 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Under the post Dec. 2011 counting system (BIS only), to reach 10 MM (if one flew 100,000 miles per year) would (now) take 100 years.
[The lifetime levels have a proviso: "for the life of the program"--post merger, how long will that be?]
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:04 am

10 MILLION MILES - BIS - now over the mark

Million Milersm Balance** 10,001,059

Somewhere over Kansas Saturday night.

When the 'change" came in November 2011 - I was just over 500,000 needed. Lot of time at 36,000 ft.

Also a "go a round" at LAX - no extra miles for the missed approach. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.