Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HNL / Honolulu Shared Admirals Club & JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Honolulu Shared Admirals Club and Sakura Lounge
Overseas Terminal, Central Lobby, Across from Central Security Checkpoint and Ralph Lauren Store
On Third Floor Above The Local@HNL Restaurant

Link to HNL information on aa.com.
Link to HNL web site

See here for map.

Hours: The hours are posted by JL. http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/america/hnl/. aa.com HNL Club information here: link.

Amenities:
not listed.
Print Wikipost

HNL / Honolulu Shared Admirals Club & JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry i ended up booking separate tkts as couldnt get it on same tkt-can i still use the lounge in hnl before aa flight?
Yes, separate tickets don't matter for lounge access purposes, just save your JL boarding pass to show for entry.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks-but isnt the jal boarding pass irrelevant as its only from hnd to hnl so a finished flight?if i want to go into the lounge doesnt it depend on the aa one?
or is it because same day int connection so ok?
thanks
Old Dec 15, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
thanks-but isnt the jal boarding pass irrelevant as its only from hnd to hnl so a finished flight?if i want to go into the lounge doesnt it depend on the aa one?
or is it because same day int connection so ok?
thanks
This goes by Oneworld's rules, but it would be the JAL segment that provides you access on the condition that you have a same day connecting flight with a Oneworld airline, which you do. It doesn't matter that they're different airlines or even on different tickets.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 5:43 pm

great thanks-so am eligible ..out of interest theres nothing like on united -that you can use oneworld (non aa) lounge which is in us for a us aa domestic flight?

have always used the lufthansa lounge in dtw when travelling on united dom
Old Dec 15, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
sorry i ended up booking separate tkts as couldnt get it on same tkt-can i still use the lounge in hnl before aa flight?
i believe that you can, since you're arriving that same day in a OneWorld international flight. I don't think it matters that the tickets are separate PNRs.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Muckus
i believe that you can, since you're arriving that same day in a OneWorld international flight. I don't think it matters that the tickets are separate PNRs.
Yes, as long as you are arriving and connecting onward on the same calendar day (or before 6am the following calendar day), you can show both boarding passes to receive lounge access as a OW premium cabin customer on the qualifying longhaul flight. The flights need to be "same-day connecting" (defined as I noted above) but do not need to be on the same PNR.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:01 am

out of interest theres nothing like on united -that you can use oneworld (non aa) lounge which is in us for a us aa domestic flight?
No, there is not a similar policy on accessing an alliance partner's lounge if you have a lounge membership with Oneworld like there is with Star Alliance. If you have an Admirals Club membership it is for the most part only good at Admirals Clubs.

There are some additional arrangements like Alaska Lounges, Qantas Clubs in Australia and New Zealand, and a number of mostly contract lounges internationally where AA has service and may at one point have had an Admirals Club but no longer does.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Yes, just save your Int'l BP to speed up confirmation of your eligibility
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
The lounge now has a chicken curry and a pork miso soup

Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Muckus
sorry to dig this up again-but i have a flight arriving 925am hnd -lax and connecting flight (JAL then onto AA) on same record leaves at 11pm from LAX-as still same day this is OK isnt it?!
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:37 am

sorry to dig this up again-but i have a flight arriving 925am hnd -lax and connecting flight (JAL then onto AA) on same record leaves at 11pm from LAX-as still same day this is OK isnt it?!
Yes, this would get you lounge access assuming you have status or are traveling in a class of service that grants access.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Much improvement since our last visit in 2022. Full bar (not self serve any longer) but staff will make anything you want. Full complement of non alcoholic beverages has returned. Fountain equipment all repaired and functioning. Snacks pastries, cookies etc available. Warm food selection available in dining room. All plexiglass barriers removed in seating areas. Restrooms very clean this time. AA staff friendly and welcoming. JAL staff not so much. As we walked in I first made eye contact with a smile with JAL agent at desk. “ American over there” was her instantaneous bark.
Majuki likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
As of this week, both HA HNL lounges are now open. Unfortunately, the Plumeria Lounge (the one accepting Priority Pass) closes at 4pm so it’s not very useful for any of AA’s evening departures.

-FlyerBeek
I’ll be doing HNL-TYO later this year. Any idea if the QANTAS club will reopen by then?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by AADFW
I’ll be doing HNL-TYO later this year. Any idea if the QANTAS club will reopen by then?
I thought the HNL Qantas lounge had already reopened (but its only open on days when QF104 operates, and even then it closes before noon once that flight departs).

-FlyerBeek
AADFW likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by davesam12
Much improvement since our last visit in 2022. Full bar (not self serve any longer) but staff will make anything you want. Full complement of non alcoholic beverages has returned. Fountain equipment all repaired and functioning. Snacks pastries, cookies etc available. Warm food selection available in dining room. All plexiglass barriers removed in seating areas. Restrooms very clean this time. AA staff friendly and welcoming. JAL staff not so much. As we walked in I first made eye contact with a smile with JAL agent at desk. “ American over there” was her instantaneous bark.
Bizarre to say the least. I mean you can just walk to different parts of the shared lounge spaces without any impediment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.