Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Be sure to check the lengthy http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...elections.html and oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on threads, as many members have posted questions - and useful answers - there. See the wiki posts for informative summaries.

Also be aware - AA have reduced capacity and apparently chosen to make MileSAAver flights significantly less available during predicted periods of high demand and high demand flights, undoubtedly keeping seats available for those willing to pay higher fares and use the new tiered AAnytime awards.

Older posts as of 1 Jan 2015 and later may be found in thd archived thread ARCHIVE: MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction discussion post 2015 AAdvantage merger

Older posts may dating from Aug 2011 through the AAdvantage program merger January 2015 be found in the archived thread here.

Print Wikipost

MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:16 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by enviroian
But one of the few airports left where you can walk to the rental cars.
Like BUR! 😀
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by JonNYC
This isn't car rental location thread
Apparently it is now, given the last page of the thread...

At the risk of taking this rental car location discussion thread offtopic, based on a tip from rjw242, it looks like there's AA F and J inventory on DFW/JFK/MIA/PHL-LHR in August. There's even some connecting flights (though the connecting flights are often in Y).

Nice to see things opened up a bit on award inventory.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 1, 2017 at 11:33 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Some bloggers are claiming some awards have been released.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
Some bloggers are claiming some awards have been released.
Yeah I was able to grab MIA > SCL in J in January 2018 using BA Avios (it was cheaper than AA miles with the current Amex transfer bonus). Was previously on the LAN flight that stops in Cancun after the non-stop LAN flight I was scheduled on was cancelled. Preferred the 1-2-1 seating on AA to the 2-2-2 on LAN as well as the shorter flight time. Will still get to try LAN out in on the SCL - IPC leg.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Wow! I don't know who these rock star bloggers are, but the thieves at AA are still not showing anything but AnyTime awards for the award flights that I have been searching for for months.

It is so frustrating to save up miles for years for an aspiration vacation, seeing plenty of Saaver awards in the past, just to see AA tighten up that award inventory just about the time I need to pull the trigger.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:46 pm

On AA.com, looking for Award travel to South America next year. It's not showing me any LAN flights like it has in the past. LAN does show up for cash purchases, not awards.

Has LAN been relegated to one of the One World partners that doesn't show up on AA.com for award travel, and I'll have to call to book?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cheaptom
On AA.com, looking for Award travel to South America next year. It's not showing me any LAN flights like it has in the past. LAN does show up for cash purchases, not awards.

Has LAN been relegated to one of the One World partners that doesn't show up on AA.com for award travel, and I'll have to call to book?
LA isn't now and wasn't before bookable as awards on AA.com
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Then how did I get RT J award tix to South America on LAN for a Cape Horn cruise next February using Advantage miles?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by susiesan
Then how did I get RT J award tix to South America on LAN for a Cape Horn cruise next February using Advantage miles?
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I had to call LAN directly to use my AA miles when I went to Santiago Chile last year.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Only AA can book an AAdvantage award. Did you mean you called AA?
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
By staying calm!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by duranza
I had to call LAN directly to use my AA miles when I went to Santiago Chile last year.
I searched for availability on BA.com then called AA to book it. No phone fee charged since it can't be booked by yourself on AA.com
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I searched for availability on BA.com then called AA to book it. No phone fee charged since it can't be booked by yourself on AA.com
If you knew the answer, why did you ask how you did it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.