Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by CLTmech
Yep, same situation for the 2nd batch of planes as was with the 1st ones.

The planes come as configured for/by the last operator, and get put on-line in that configuration (depending on the agreement reached to bring the planes in) until time and upgrade availability exist to get the interiors changed.

phlwookie, I haven't heard that an STC for wifi on the CRJ series is available yet, and it may not have been deemed feasible to try (at this point).
The plus side of the former Air One planes is exceptional leg room in the first few rows of the plane, especially in seats 1A and B.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
FYI I was able to fit my 19" roller board. Granted the flight was changed to an AA plane without F (bummer)!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
This is bogus. Flying PHX-AUS on Mesa, and the CRJ-900 has been downgraded to one without F class. I'd been upgraded to F and everything, but upon OLCI today, the seat map just has single-cabin and BP says "Main Cabin" on it.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by blueheronNC
This is bogus. Flying PHX-AUS on Mesa, and the CRJ-900 has been downgraded to one without F class. I'd been upgraded to F and everything, but upon OLCI today, the seat map just has single-cabin and BP says "Main Cabin" on it.
Same thing happened to us labor day weekend from PHX-RNO. Rushed to the gate in PHX after having arrived from BOS, asked for a 'blue' gate check tag only to be told there was a change of aircraft with no F. Dang. GA said there was a lot of that going on lately.
I did think it was strange when I too saw our BP say Main Cabin. Reality hit when I saw the American plane parked at the gate.
I will say though, the plane was new and comfortable. There was probably more leg room than a US F cabin. I don't know if we had MCE or if all rows were like that.

On the luggage, I assumed our 20" rollers would not fit. I did see some people take rollers on board that apparently did fit. I may try to fit it in on next time.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Mesa CR9 seating

We're flying Business Class on this plane next year (YVR-LAX), and are wondering if we should take 1CD or 3CD?

(There is an existing thread in the pre-merger forum, but this is a post-merger question, so I started a new thread.)
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Do you like Bulkheads? If so, then 1CD is the obvious choice. That said, there is not an extra amount of room like there is on the pmAA MD-80's. I sat in 3D just the other week and the legroom was standard.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Do you like Bulkheads?
Generally, yes. Though I have also seen bulkheads that restricted space and felt claustrophobic. If 1CD still has standard space, I'll take it - I do like not having someone recline into me.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by mahasamatman

(There is an existing thread in the pre-merger forum, but this is a post-merger question, so I started a new thread.)
Will the seat layout change between now and your flight?

We have a rather healthy thread on this aircraft in the US forum here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...crj-900-a.html

As of right now, there are some aircraft that do not have F at all. This is discussed in the linked thread above.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:15 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

Was in 3C/D last night and it was fine, although I would have preferred 1 for the extra legroom. No PDB, but they were trying to turn the plane quickly as it was late from CLT. Nice FA's and service.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlars77
they were trying to turn the plane quickly as it was late from CLT.
And that's the other difference to understand about the shift from MD80 to Mesa CR9 in some markets. The CR9s are flying earlier in the day to completely different places, on a completely different schedule, than the MD80s used to fly, and in my limited experience so far they tend to be much more likely to be significantly late later in the day compared to the MD80s that flew some of those routes a year or two ago.

Also, funny thing: I flew a Mesa CR9 DFW-HSV and then a week later HSV-DFW. The one DFW-HSV had a US Airways logo on the FC bulkhead, while the HSV-DFW the next week didn't (it had no logo on the bulkhead at all). But the FA making announcements on the DFW-HSV the first week said we were flying American Eagle, while the FA making announcements on the HSV-DFW the next week said were flying US Airways Express.

(The late afternoon DFW-HSV is the same plane that returns early evening HSV-DFW, however they do crew switchouts at the turn.)
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
As the forum Announcement states, AA and US continue operating as separate airlines, and are likely to do so for perhaps another year. They are working toward the full merger, but it is sometime in the future. We've merged your query into the existing thread.
You merged it into the wrong thread. The flight I'm taking is AA, not US. The flight is very specifically sold as Operated by Mesa Airlines As American Eagle. No mention of US Airways Express. Therefore, if it belongs anywhere, it must be the CR900 thread in the AA forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-seat-cr9.html

Last edited by mahasamatman; Dec 28, 2014 at 10:23 pm
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The CR9s were one of the pleasant surprises for me this year. I did about fifteen segments on them from really short hops like PHX-TUS to longer stuff like PHX-DSM. All but one of them were in F, even as an AA elite. While I still prefer the 170/175 series, I'm content booking a CR9 going forward.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Anyone know when (if) the 900's are getting wifi?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by william142
Anyone know when (if) the 900's are getting wifi?
The new ones delivered to PSA have it. Not aware of any retrofits happening though.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Does this thread pertain to just Mesa's CRJ-900's or also PSA's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.