Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
The seat map on expert flyer is showing rows 1-19 in Economy.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
US Airways CRJ 900

Just flew PHX-DSM on a CRJ900 config I haven't seen before; the 4B seat was missing. The mother and young boy in 5A/B certainly appreciated the extra space.

I was in 6A and felt like the leg room was much more than the advertised pitch of 31". Many of the forward rows appeared to be spaced farther apart than the rows in back. Could they be implementing Main Cabin Extra ahead of merging the fleets?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by adambrock
The seat map on expert flyer is showing rows 1-19 in Economy.
Sitting on the plane now. There is no F :-( but there is a terrific amount of legroom :-)
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by skitch23
Sitting on the plane now. There is no F :-( but there is a terrific amount of legroom :-)
Presence/lack of F depends, I believe, on which Express carrier you're on. I did MCI-CLT-BWI a couple weeks ago, and there was F. Even got upgraded into it
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Any updates? I was looking to a SAN-TUS segment run, with the PHX-TUS segments both on the mesa CRJ 900's. You can buy first class tickets, and there is no message of any kind of "single class only", but there are no first class seats on the virtual seatmap.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
PSA starts flying CR9 on July 31st. Just saw it as an option to PNS...two things I noticed compared to Mesa CR9:

-WiFi
-12 F seats ^^^
Pleasantly surprised to see a CR9 with 4 rows of FC (12 F seats) the other day AVL-CLT. Either a test run, or they've moved up the schedule. An enhancement I like
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
There are a few CRJ900s floating around that were delivered to US without F. They should all have F in due time, but in the meantime they are configured with all Y.
Parker's agreement with the pilots exempts those CRJ900s (and their replacements) from the 76-seat limit otherwise applicable to large RJs under the pilot contract.

How long is "due time?" Because management never has to add F and reduce the seat count on these planes to 76 seats. Perhaps they'll get First Class eventually, but nothing requires that they do.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:01 pm

Smile Seat Suggestion CR9 Us Airways

My US AIRWAYS flight from Phoenix to Long Beach was changed by airline and now my flight is on a 19 row configuration CR9 with premium paid seats. When I go to seat guru to look up the flight , it's listed as a plane with FC, however airline has confirmed my flight is a one class configuration, no FC. An I assume rows 1-3 which are an extra charge have extra legroom, does any one know how much more? I read somewhere that the window seats are cramped due to the curvature of wall? If you have flown this configuration your tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you :-)
Kat
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Kat Rivers
My US AIRWAYS flight from Phoenix to Long Beach was changed by airline and now my flight is on a 19 row configuration CR9 with premium paid seats. When I go to seat guru to look up the flight , it's listed as a plane with FC, however airline has confirmed my flight is a one class configuration, no FC. An I assume rows 1-3 which are an extra charge have extra legroom, does any one know how much more? I read somewhere that the window seats are cramped due to the curvature of wall? If you have flown this configuration your tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you :-)
Kat
Hi Kat,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I recently flew a US CR9 PHX-DSM and the seat map varied up to the time of my flight. We were never offered any upgrade options and FC (or just F) went out with a couple empty seats.

Aisle seats are always less cramped, but I had a window seat (5A) that did not feel cramped at all. In fact, I thought front few rows (up to the exit rows) seemed to have more legroom than those in back. Some say the exit row seats are shorter and less padded, so less comfortable. I've noticed that on other planes but never sat in one on the CR9.

Have a nice flight!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by kudzu
Pleasantly surprised to see a CR9 with 4 rows of FC (12 F seats) the other day AVL-CLT. Either a test run, or they've moved up the schedule. An enhancement I like
Okay, I am seeing this US 4686 CLT-MYR in Fall ... listed as PSA Airlines dba USAirways Express; methinks that this is the CRJ900 NextGen apparently being bought by AA for regional carriers. US seat map shows 1-4 as F, then rows 8-23 with 15 and 16 as exit rows. Nothing like MCE, and -- surprise ! -- SeatGuru is not up-to-date on this.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
CR9s without F cabins?

Does LCC have some CR9s that don't have F cabins? Seat map for this Monday's flight has changed all of a sudden - confirmed on EF a well as LCC's website. Weird - was hoping for a free upgrade! Ah well. US 2810 LAX-OKC.

Sorry I wasn't quite sure where to post this as I'm a n00b to flying LCC. Mods, please move/delete as appropriate.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. US has some CRJ900s that never received first class cabins.

Even worse, Parker negotiated a contract with the US and AA pilots before the merger (the MOU) that grandfathers these RJs and exempts them (and their replacements, if any) from the 76-seat limit otherwise applicable to large RJs flown by outsourced regional operators.

Welcome to America West dba US Airways.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
CR9s without F cabins?

Thanks. My god this merger sucks harder and harder everyday. Can't wait for the next devaluation!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM
What if someone buys an F ticket on a flight to which one of these planes is assigned?

Are they usually assigned to dedicated routes and is this just a rare substitution? Or is this the norm?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
These were late adds to the Mesa fleet from AirOne before the summer season that will get the cabin refit soon now that we're getting past summer peak demand. There aren't many - 9 per https://sites.google.com/site/newame...rlines/crj-900 - with the 10th one already having gotten its F cabin installed.

Let's at least hope that's still the plan. I wish they'd put WiFi into these (and the CRJ-700s) like the US E170/175 fleet has.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.