Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GSO / Greensboro Piedmont Admirals Club (closing 15 Oct 2018)

Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

GSO / Greensboro Piedmont Triad International Airport Gate 45 Admirals Club
Greensboro / High Point / Winston-Salem, NC

Link to GSO information on aa.com.

Link to GSO web site

Location: The Greensboro Piedmont Triad International Airport Admirals Club is in "US Airways Concourse across from gate 45.." (aa.com) Recently renamed from US Airways Club to Admirals Club.

Hours: Please see here aa.com for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Print Wikipost

GSO / Greensboro Piedmont Admirals Club (closing 15 Oct 2018)

Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: None
I don't think the airport provides Wi-Fi, but it should be available in the lounge. I don't have any first-hand experience though.

Jim
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I frequent the US club at GSO as I'm routinely in the area for work. It's probably my favorite club in the system. I've never waited more than 5 minutes in any TSA line at GSO, so I'd say give it a shot if you have time then head over to the Delta terminal. I've seen Continental flyers in the US club before, and their gates are over by DL, so I assume that TSA is letting folks through. If not, maybe the US ticketing folks can issue a pass - just a guess though. UA and AA are also in the same terminal as US.

If anyone's been to the BUF club, it's the exact same layout, save the men's and ladies' restroom positions are reversed, which I suppose will result in an embarassing mistake I'll eventually make when bleary-eyed at 5:30 am someday, as I get to both cities a fair bit.

Outside of the club, though, there is really very, very little to do or eat in the GSO terminals. Fortunately, this is one of the airports you can arrive 50-60 minutes before departure time and easily make a flight.

The Marriott is an interesting suggestion. To make it doable I think you'd have to take their shuttle (can't think of sidewalk access there from the terminal) and aside from the lobby, you'd probably want to go into the restaurant and grab a meal or hang out at the bar for a bit. It's a pretty decent Marriott as airport properties go and has a nice concierge lounge relative to most, though you'd need to be checked in and gold or higher or on a concierge level floor to get in. I've stayed there numerous times after flight cancellations.

(Edited to add: if you're not a US Club member and getting in some other way, such as an AMEX Plat card or other option, ask for a WiFi card when you check into the club. The club, like the others in the system, uses T-Mobile's WiFi Internet and it's complementary for those in the club, you just need an access code if you're not a US club member.)
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You should be able to ask for a gate pass at the US counter. In the past, this club has been one of the highest renevue generators in the system taking in lots of day pass purchases, Amex cards, and Priority Pass cards. Not sure if it is still that high today, but just in the past year it ranks right up there for several months in a row according to the lovely ladies there.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
I am sorry that I can't provide an update regarding my experiences trying to use the lounge. My meetings lasted longer than expected, and then I had to spend an hour at the Delta ticket counter trying to reroute due to a major delay for my CVG flight. Hopefully, I will try on my next trip (or I'll fly on USair).
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Gold
There is a Natty Green's bar/pub in the main concourse between the North & South terminals. The airport does have Boingo wireless for a fee. Not much else to do...
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone heard news about the club closing? A friend of mine just said that GSO is on the chopping block for mainline employees and the lounge. It has me nervous as that's my main airport.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
The lounges in all three main NC airports showed that US was committed to NC. Hope AA won't get rid of that. Especially if they get a lot of paid visitors from other airlines.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AJones2000
The lounges in all three main NC airports showed that US was committed to NC. Hope AA won't get rid of that. Especially if they get a lot of paid visitors from other airlines.
The Admirals Clubs in RDU and CLT will not be going anywhere. GSO though I could see closing. AA has already closed BUF and I don't really foresee much growth for them at GSO. I also don't imagine there's much paid visitors from other airlines there. The Club is in a pier with only Allegiant. DL, UA and F9 are in the other pier behind a separate security checkpoint.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
The Admirals Clubs in RDU and CLT will not be going anywhere. GSO though I could see closing. AA has already closed BUF and I don't really foresee much growth for them at GSO. I also don't imagine there's much paid visitors from other airlines there. The Club is in a pier with only Allegiant. DL, UA and F9 are in the other pier behind a separate security checkpoint.
F9 is in the same terminal as AA, and the lounge used to get a lot of Priority Pass visitors (no longer an option) and paid day passes.

I was just wondering if people heard any specific rumors of the lounge closing.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:22 pm

Just wondering whether or not the club is still open. Checking city info at aa.com does not list the club as a benefit anymore. That said, the Admirals Club page still lists GSO. I know Envoy mans all above wing functions at this point, pretty sure all mainline employees have retired or transferred at this point. I used to work for UA in the good old days at Gate 48, haven't been in the South Concourse since 2006.
AA website city information for GSO

Any updates would be appreciated!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Just received and email that the GSO club is closing permanently on October 15. That sucks!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
So it looks like 2 ACs closing on October 15. It wouldn't be bad if new clubs were open in busier airports such as MSY, LAS, MSP or DTW.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Head
Just received and email that the GSO club is closing permanently on October 15. That sucks!
That sucks. It was always a nice little place to hang out while in GSO!

Safe Travels
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
That does suck. The crew at GSO is terrific. Unlikely to make a difference but anyone who uses the club should call American and register their support for the GSO club.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Head
The best of both airlines continues 🙄
GTITAN likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.