Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Old May 7, 2013, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FRA / Frankfurt International Airport JL First Class and Sakura Lounges
American Airlines premium flyers and Admirals Club Members

Link to FRA airport information on aa.com.

Link to FRA airport web site.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

JL First and Sakura Business Class Lounges

LOCATION: Terminal 2, Hall D Level 3, between departure gates D4 and D5A. This lounge has restrictions for access; the Sakura Lounge is BEFORE security[/B]; you must process security to board, so give yourself time - and note, you can not process security more than two hours prior to scheduled departure. (The landside FRA Admirals Club closed 31 Mar 2011.) Please read Note.

HOURS: Please see here.

AMENITIES: Please see here. "Business lounge is quiet, offers all admitted tarmac views, Ethernet connections, separate smoking room, self-service bar and snacks, washrooms, as supergrandslam reports two showers (small, no toilet) and can get crowded."

NOTE:

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club membership
At this time, JL only allows ticketed JL First Class passengers into the First lounge (not Emeralds unless ticketed in F) and has limited hours. Additionally, Admirals Club members have access to Sakura Lounge as follows:

"Admirals Club member (annual paid or Citi Executive card) plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests."
Other oneworld lounges in FRA are airside / past security, (member nldogbert states this will require using the interterminal train, but one remains airside) as follows:

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, Level 3 after the security checkpoint, opposite Gate E 7

Hours: Daily 06:00-14:00

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Food and drinks
  • Printing
  • TVs
  • Showers
Iberia Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, opposite to gate D 26/27, after security, in the
Schengen area (no passport control) (see zski1's post below)

Hours: Daily 06:00-20:15

Eligibility: oneworld partners (American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN Chile, Quantas, Royal Jordanian), Aer Lingus, Icelandair, TAP, SATA (sic)
See FRA/Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSING March 31 2011 (consolidated) thread.

Updated 15 Aug 2016 - JDiver

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by Majuki
Your coworker wouldn't be able to access the Sakura Lounge with the AmEx. You can check which clubs you can access on an AmEx Platinum with the link you provided. With the AmEx you can only access true Admirals Clubs, not partner lounges.

Also, the Sakura lounge is after passport control but before security for AA 71. The security checkpoint is right outside the Sakura lounge entrance, and there usually isn't much of a wait.

I'll agree with the other comments that you're not missing much with this lounge. There isn't much space, and the food offerings - at least in the morning - left much to be desired.
Yep, the lounge is between 1 & 2, & I corrected the sequence. THX for catching my sequence//
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
just a 2018 status update. visited the Sakura lounge as an Admirals member in September on a Friday morning around 10 AM. Decent lounge - good snacks and drinks and newspapers. Full serve yourself bar with quality liquor and wine (didn't take advantage at 10 AM!)
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:33 am

We had as well the chance to test the Sakura JAL Lounge in Frankfurt. Absolutely nice, food options are good, very clear ... I can highly recommend. Only disadvantage is that you still have to pass security after your stay and lounge has no view to the runway and parking aircraft. Still I can recommend a visit. ^

JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Iberia now use the premium traveler lounge and doesn't have a own out station lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:30 pm

Bumping this thread. Any recent exp with using Sakura as an arrival lounge? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sof_lance
Bumping this thread. Any recent exp with using Sakura as an arrival lounge? Thanks.
Speaking purely from a oneworld rules perspective access on arrival is not permitted, you must have a departing/onward flight.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Speaking purely from a oneworld rules perspective access on arrival is not permitted, you must have a departing/onward flight.
Thanks. I figure. Was looking at another thread here. Some mixed results from years ago.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sof_lance
Thanks. I figure. Was looking at another thread here. Some mixed results from years ago.
Skimming through that thread it's mentioned that the only time the lounge could be used on arrival was for a very short period in ~2014 by US Airways arriving premium customers after they moved to T2 but before fully merging with AA.
sof_lance likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
I visited both the Sakura lounge and the Priority Lounge today, before flying FRA-CLT on AA in business class. Both are pre-security, but the security lines were dedicated to 2-3 flights and not too long. The Sakura was peaceful, clean and not crowded at all. Its maybe 5 minutes from the AA gate, so definitely worth the trip. Breakfast offerings were good enough but limited. They did have a full bar including champagne.

The Priority Lounge was crazy crowded. Wall to wall people. Certainly the easier choice being next to the gates, but not relaxing. The food choices were a little plain and underwhelming considering how crowded it was. Good alcohol selection.

I tried to get into the Emirates Club, being ExPlat, Lifetime Admirals and flying AA business class, but none of that worked 🤷‍♂️

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.