Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Old May 7, 2013, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FRA / Frankfurt International Airport JL First Class and Sakura Lounges
American Airlines premium flyers and Admirals Club Members

Link to FRA airport information on aa.com.

Link to FRA airport web site.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

JL First and Sakura Business Class Lounges

LOCATION: Terminal 2, Hall D Level 3, between departure gates D4 and D5A. This lounge has restrictions for access; the Sakura Lounge is BEFORE security[/B]; you must process security to board, so give yourself time - and note, you can not process security more than two hours prior to scheduled departure. (The landside FRA Admirals Club closed 31 Mar 2011.) Please read Note.

HOURS: Please see here.

AMENITIES: Please see here. "Business lounge is quiet, offers all admitted tarmac views, Ethernet connections, separate smoking room, self-service bar and snacks, washrooms, as supergrandslam reports two showers (small, no toilet) and can get crowded."

NOTE:

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club membership
At this time, JL only allows ticketed JL First Class passengers into the First lounge (not Emeralds unless ticketed in F) and has limited hours. Additionally, Admirals Club members have access to Sakura Lounge as follows:

"Admirals Club member (annual paid or Citi Executive card) plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests."
Other oneworld lounges in FRA are airside / past security, (member nldogbert states this will require using the interterminal train, but one remains airside) as follows:

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, Level 3 after the security checkpoint, opposite Gate E 7

Hours: Daily 06:00-14:00

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Food and drinks
  • Printing
  • TVs
  • Showers
Iberia Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, opposite to gate D 26/27, after security, in the
Schengen area (no passport control) (see zski1's post below)

Hours: Daily 06:00-20:15

Eligibility: oneworld partners (American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN Chile, Quantas, Royal Jordanian), Aer Lingus, Icelandair, TAP, SATA (sic)
See FRA/Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSING March 31 2011 (consolidated) thread.

Updated 15 Aug 2016 - JDiver

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
From yesterday's email to AC members:

American's Frankfurt Terminal Relocation And Lounge Update

The Frankfurt Admirals Club® will be closed effective April 1, 2011, due to American's move to Terminal 2 in the Frankfurt International Airport (FRA). As part of the airline's relocation, Japan Airlines (JAL) invites American Airlines Admirals Club members, as well as American Airlines Business Class and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers to enjoy JAL's Sakura Lounge located in Terminal 2, Hall D on Level 3 between departure Gates D4 and D5A.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for the update. The FRA AC and this thread have now been split off - as of April 1, we will be using the Sakura Lounge, and the map above illustrates the ways to access Terminal 2 and the different control points for Schengen and non-Schengen gates (making it difficult, if not impossible, for those departing to the US and other non-Schengen destinations to use the Iberia lounge).
Old Mar 26, 2011, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
There's also the CX lounge and the BA lounge.

Of the 3, the JL lounge wins easily and there's a F section. Sadly, the F section is probably closed during the time AA passengers are lounging.

CX is surprisingly the least attractive of the 3. Truly mediocre food and booze.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
There's also the CX lounge and the BA lounge.

Of the 3, the JL lounge wins easily and there's a F section. Sadly, the F section is probably closed during the time AA passengers are lounging.

CX is surprisingly the least attractive of the 3. Truly mediocre food and booze.
I think you might have old info. BA no longer has a lounge - they direct pax to the JL lounge. I never went to the JL lounge prior to renovation, but I think that recent renovations eliminated the distinction between first/business JL lounges. IIRC, there's just one big JL lounge, now for JL, AA, and BA pax, as well as pax of other non-OW airlines (I think DL even uses it).
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I visited the Sakura lounge last month. I didn't see any seperation between F and reg lounge. Maybe I was there at the wrong time of the day??
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by zski1
I think you might have old info. BA no longer has a lounge - they direct pax to the JL lounge. I never went to the JL lounge prior to renovation, but I think that recent renovations eliminated the distinction between first/business JL lounges. IIRC, there's just one big JL lounge, now for JL, AA, and BA pax, as well as pax of other non-OW airlines (I think DL even uses it).
You are right re: BA - I haven't gone to the "underground" lounge in a couple of years.

Originally Posted by chanp
I visited the Sakura lounge last month. I didn't see any seperation between F and reg lounge. Maybe I was there at the wrong time of the day??
However, I did visit the JL lounge this week. The F section is to the right when you come in. There's a glass door that the loungekeeper can open. It was closed as JL wasn't scheduled to depart for many hours, but I was able to get a peek at it.

I also got to thank the FRA AC staff one last time. It's a very sad time there.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
You are right re: BA - I haven't gone to the "underground" lounge in a couple of years.

However, I did visit the JL lounge this week. The F section is to the right when you come in. There's a glass door that the loungekeeper can open. It was closed as JL wasn't scheduled to depart for many hours, but I was able to get a peek at it.

I also got to thank the FRA AC staff one last time. It's a very sad time there.
Ahh, prob same for me, don't think there were any Japan airline flights sch d at that time.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), DL PLT
Arriving FRA - depart on train

Has anyone yet expereinced arriving on AA and departing on the train?

Is the JAL lounge (or some other) possible to use an arrival lounge for a shower and coffee?

What is the best way to get from this arrival to the FRA train station?

Every couple of months I would arrive FRA, get a quick shower in the AA club and have the small walk to the station. Now I will see if and how this will work reasonably.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Degan

Every couple of months I would arrive FRA, get a quick shower in the AA club and have the small walk to the station. Now I will see if and how this will work reasonably.
Take the shuttle from D-E to A-B-C. Exit D-E and go upstairs for the train. When you arrive at A-B-C, you'll go downstairs, walk toward the old AC location, and access the train station by going downstairs as you did leaving the AC.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Would an AC member be able to use the JAL lounge traveling on a non OW flight?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
No.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Degan
Has anyone yet expereinced arriving on AA and departing on the train?

Is the JAL lounge (or some other) possible to use an arrival lounge for a shower and coffee?

I have this same question. Can you effectively use the JAL Lounge as an arrivals lounge (with shower)?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by AUSMatt
I have this same question. Can you effectively use the JAL Lounge as an arrivals lounge (with shower)?
I'm interested in that as well, flying into FRA at the end of May. As I'm meeting someone there would be nice to know if I can clean up first. Also have to inform them that contrary to my earlier information I'll be at Terminal 2!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
No.
Are you sure about that, Spiff?

From the aa.com announcement:

American Airlines, which has served Frankfurt for more than 25 years, today announces it will relocate its operations to Terminal 2 at Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) on April 1, 2011.

The move - from its current location in Terminal 1 - allows American to join its oneworld® partners that are already co-located in Terminal 2 and will result in Japan Airlines (JAL) inviting American Admirals Club members, as well as American Business Class customers and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, to enjoy the JAL Frankfurt lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AUSMatt
A few weeks ago, I flew on AA in business from DFW to FRA. I had a connecting flight on Lufthansa. They did not let me enter the JAL lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.