Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo: AA miles from Vinesse AKA American Cellars Wine Club (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Wine Cellars Wine Club by Vinesse
Promos vary 2,000 - 5,000 - 10,000 miles

Link

Link to Offer, terms and Conditions

Code:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Oct 2017) :

TERMS AND CONDITIONS :

Offer void where prohibited. All wines are sold in California and title passes to 
 the buyer in California. The buyer is solely responsible for the shipment of wines. 
 By placing this order with us, you authorize Vinesse, Inc. to act on your behalf in 
 processing this order, including engaging a common carrier to deliver it. Wines 
 may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years of age and 
 in placing your order you represent to us that you are at least 21 years old. 
 When your wines are delivered, the person receiving delivery will be required to 
 show identification proving that he or she is at least 21 years of age. All offers 
 are void where prohibited by law and void to everyone under 21 years old.

Your purchase is eligible for a replacement up to 45 days from the date your 
 order is shipped. If in the rare event that a shipment is returned to us or is 
 undeliverable within 45 days of shipping, we will issue a credit to the original 
 form of payment, less a 15% restocking fee, less shipping and handling, 
 provided that the wines are returned in good condition. Please allow 14 business 
 days from receipt of the shipment to receive your credit. Wines being replaced 
 for your satisfaction are added to your next club shipment to avoid additional 
 shipping fees. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each 
 individual offer. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may 
 apply. Offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Not all 
 wines are available in all states.  Offer valid on enrollments between 10/18/2017 
 and 12/28/2017. Must be an active wine club member for at least 21 days to 
 receive enrollment miles. Enrollment miles and discounted introductory wine 
 offer limited to one per household. For members who have previously received 
 an introductory shipment in the last 24 months, you will be allowed to enroll but 
 may not receive the introductory offer or miles. Please allow up to 8 weeks from 
 the date of product shipment for miles to be posted to your account.

Member must be active for 21 days following the deposit of their shipment in 
 order for bonus miles to be awarded. Additionally, if the promotion is expired or 
 a mileage account is not provided, no enrollment miles will be awarded to the 
 member's account.

Non-wine orders may be shipped into any state. Due to state alcohol regulations, 
 items, in some instances, may not be given away for "free". Although an offer 
 may be positioned that you are receiving a free gift and incentive, you are in fact 
 receiving the wine and gift at an overall discounted price.

No Responsibility to Sell Mispriced Products or Services

Vinesse, LLC. shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for 
 products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or refund, or 
 containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors.

How the Wine Club Works

This limited-time Special Collection is just our way of introducing you to the 
 American Cellars Wine Club. If you are delighted with your trial shipment, do 
 nothing, and each month, you'll receive a sampler of 3 new hand-crafted wines 
 conveniently delivered to your door. Your future wine samplers are also a great 
 value. Each wine is value-priced at $12-$16 per bottle , and delivery charges are 
 passed on to you at our cost (For all orders and club shipments of wine to NY, 
 NJ, ME, DC, MA, IN, AZ, TX, KS, MT, DE, RI, GA, FL, MI, CT, NC, NH, OH, SC, VA, 
 VT, and WV an additional shipping surcharge of 17% will be added to the 
 shipment total. For all orders and club shipments of wine to PA and IL an 
 additional surcharge of 20% will be added to the shipment total. For all orders 
 and club shipments of wine to all other shippable states an additional surcharge 
 of 8.5% will be added to the shipment total. Shipments to AK and HI will be 
 charged an additional shipping surcharge of 30%). Sales Tax will be charged to 
 shipments delivered to CA, GA, IL, NH, VA, WV, and WY .

*Because these wines are all in very limited supply, substitutions for wines 
 similar in character and of equal value may occasionally be made.

No obligation, ever, period. Cancel anytime, really.

You can cancel your membership at any time, with no further obligation 
 whatsoever. We're so sure you will fall in love with our wines and the 
 convenience of wine deliveries at home that you will stay on as happy members. 
 But if for any reason you need to cancel, simply call us at 1-800-823-5527 
 Monday through Friday, 6:00am - 5:00pm PST. It's as simple as that.

American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and 
 its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the 
 AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect 
 your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. 
 Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not 
 count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage Million MilerSM status. 
 American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other 
 participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, 
 visit aa.com/aadvantage.

American Airlines, AAdvantage, the Flight Symbol logo and AAdvantage Million 
 Miler are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

Offer valid for new customers only.
 updated 28 Oct 2017
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA

American Cellars aka Vinesse is offering 2000 miles for signing up for a wine subscription at 6 bottles per month $6.99/ea for the first month. I just received an e-mail with this offer:

Earn 2,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles on your first shipment. Save $69 on your first shipment, 6 hand-selected wines are only $6.99 per bottle and shipping is free.

2,000 AAdvantage bonus miles with your first wine club shipment plus 4 miles per dollar spent.
Subsequent prices are $12-15 per bottle and shipping is not free. Does anyone have prior experience with this company's promotions? Apparently they offered something similar in 2007. From the e-mail terms it seems that you can cancel after the first shipment and still receive the miles. EDIT: folks in the UA forum had this promo back in December and several were told that they had to remain a member for at least one month to let the bonus miles post, but that the company offered to hold further shipments (worth $110) until the bonus miles posted. Sounds like a hassle. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.vinesse.com/aaem0311a/index.cfm

**no deliveries to Utah or Arkansas.

Last edited by biggreen; Mar 22, 2011 at 5:06 pm
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL FO
I signed up last week. The first six bottles haven't shown up yet so I can't comment on the wine itself. I will, however, cancel before the second shipment. I will report back and let you know if the miles post.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
My experience with them on the UA deal was fine in the end, though there was of course some minor hassle factor in the process. Just my lessons-learned beyond the stuff mentioned in the linked UA thread:

- As soon as the first shipment arrives, call and inquire as to the timing of the next shipment. They will delay the next one if you ask, that way you can be sure the bonus miles post. Seems to be pretty flexible in that regard.

- I called to cancel just a week after my first shipment arrived (miles posted right away) and already the 2nd shipment was in process and supposedly couldn't be canceled. So I had to refuse delivery from UPS and wait for the credit back to my card. Which actually happened 3-4 days after Vinesse received the shipment back.

- One of the big on the wine club in general (even if I had liked the wines and the prices) is that there is no notification as to the next shipping date (except "about every two weeks"). Nor is there any email with the tracking number. One day UPS just shows up with a big heavy box that of course requires an adult >21 signature.

- Be sure to ask for a cancelation conf number - the lady on the phone doesn't seem to provide one without prompting. Though the CSR I spoke to was polite and efficient enough.

Like I said, with UA at least the miles posted promptly. I wasn't all that impressed with the wines - they were OK for the cheaper 1st shipment price. One bottle was actually really good though. As a mileage earning tool I'd recommend it, just watch for a few details.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Sounds like a major pain to deal with this company..... I think I will pass.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
There are also a number of threads about this on the AS Forum. Here's the most recent, it has links to some of the other threads: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...wine-club.html
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Some people reported issues dealing with them during the US grand slam promo.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It's probably all plonk.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
Sounds like a major pain to deal with this company..... I think I will pass.
Agreed. It's rather bizarre to me what folks 'round here deal with for 2000 miles.

Regards
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
I signed up for this in March and my miles posted today.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Did you cancel right away or are you still paying for shipments?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by living near shamu
Did you cancel right away or are you still paying for shipments?
placed them on hold immediately, so only received first shipment back in march. the hold lasts until august, but i'm going to cancel asap.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
To each his / her own, but I can think of easier ways of making miles and more reliable ways of being sure I'm purchasing decent wines.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lavag
I signed up for this in March and my miles posted today.
Same, but did you receive the 2,000 mile bonus? I only got 168 -- I did cancel in May, but that was because of a move and I couldn't receive wines at the new address.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Same, but did you receive the 2,000 mile bonus? I only got 168 -- I did cancel in May, but that was because of a move and I couldn't receive wines at the new address.
yeah - got the 2000 bonus + 168. again, my account was 'on hold' but not cancelled.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA mostly
Originally Posted by amolkold
My 2168 miles finally posted today. As long as you had the membership for 21 days, you should've received the bonus miles as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.