Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil

GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil

Old Sep 10, 11, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum
Well, I got jammed on my current booking. I had to confirm the ticket by 2359 on Saturday, September 10 PHT and they could not do it because she would have to get the ticket issued within 24 hours. Being that the GSA office is only open Monday - Friday, the ticket would then expire and I could potentially lose my award ticket. They have some separate rules that they were reading through during this process. If you are traveling within a certain time from when you book and get the ticket issued, there is a window of time that it has to fall in. In this case, I can't book a ticket over a weekend because more than 24 hours will pass before she can pay the fees.

The other thing that happened today that was different than 2 years ago was that she needs to pay ALL of the fees in Manila. Last time I paid the ticket issuing fee and the transit/sales taxes and she paid the travel tax. Manila is requiring that she pays all the fees at the GSA. I hope she can use her credit card there otherwise I'm going to have to wire more money. I also hope that I can get the same flights tomorrow when I try to rebook.
Old Nov 15, 11, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA/CO/UA Marriott
Current flight MSY-MNL one-way award ticket

So, could I avoid this problem by doing the following:

MSY-MNL one-way award, then MNL-HKG one-way award and see if AA can place this under the same PNR?
Old Nov 15, 11, 5:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Anybody know exactly what taxes/fees is causing the requirement for tickets out of MNL?

My buddy flew a one-way MNL-KUL revenue ticket on MH purchased on Expedia. eTicket issued by Expedia without any issue. He flew the segment without any problems. It's definitely not the travel tax since it only applies to Phillipine nationals; it wasn't collected on the ticket and he didn't have to pay it on departure (US national).
Old Nov 15, 11, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
It's not a tax issue, it's a Philippines law that is hard to enforce and that not all agents know about.
Old Nov 25, 11, 12:09 am

I have been in the philippines for 2 years and am now going back to US (home) and am having trouble getting prices for tickets because I am leaving from here. expedia seems to work fine and allow you to buy the tickets and that should be ok but some airlines do not allow you and shows a error on out going flights from MNL. Eva air told me they only issue tickets through their site which is like this or through ticket agents so if you are here and need to leave it is as if I am being forced to buy tickets from a travel agent thus paying markup. this thing pisses me off. Eva air flight on site is $545 agent= $790

If you can buy the ticket elswhere you should be ok but they seem to be trying to make it so you cant. so if you can great but if no....sucks!
Old Nov 25, 11, 12:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
My experience

Thank you for this thread.
I booked a one way into via BA miles and went to book my out with AA miles. The award showed as ticketed but no miles were withdrawn. Email sent over 24 hours later to me asking to call AA. After a lengthy procedure (release certificates to the GSA?), they gave me the phone number to the GSA in Manila.
Since I read this thread, I was not completely shocked when this happened nor when the office asked me to stop by for drop off the money to complete ticketing.
Unfortunately, they were unwilling to take a credit card for the tickets and insisted on my friend/relative to come into the office with cash. (I have neither in the Phillipines).
Money can be wired into their Banco de Oro account (they say it takes 2-3 business days and would not guarantee that it would arrive in time).
Went to a Banco de Oro remittance office (instead of my bank) local to me near Chicago. Per the BDO website, money is deposited the same day into their accounts.
Money arrived by early afternoon the next day (with time difference). Have e-tickets in hand.
Word of caution, they will quote you both dollars and pesos. Suggest that you pay in pesos (and maybe a little extra as cushion) as the remittance office may have a different conversion rate as the GSA office.
They were kind enough to float me the 15 PHP that I was short.
Old Jan 26, 12, 10:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
The AAgent told me I need to go to the Philippines office to have it issued... is that correct?! It's quite puzzling to me... isn't there any other way? I am in the US right now and will be in the Philippines on holiday and plan to go to Australia afterwards...

thanks!

Originally Posted by mike_asia View Post
i am a little confused. Do you have to actually go to the ticket office in Manila or can you do it by fax?
Guys help me! I am trying to book an award ticket MNL - SYD one way on QF using AA miles but the agent told me they cannot ticket it. It's on hold until the 1st of Feb. The procedure seems complex and I don't wanna get stuck!
Help!!

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 26, 12 at 11:06 am Reason: merge posts
Old Jan 26, 12, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by robertocusato View Post
Guys help me! I am trying to book an award ticket MNL - SYD one way on QF using AA miles but the agent told me they cannot ticket it. It's on hold until the 1st of Feb. The procedure seems complex and I don't wanna get stuck!
Help!!
Are you stuck in the Philippines?
Old Jan 26, 12, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
Are you stuck in the Philippines?
Figuratively, yes

I really need to make this reservation one way or the other :-/
Old Jan 26, 12, 11:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
If at all possible, use BA Miles. You won't have any of these issues.....
Old Jan 26, 12, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
If at all possible, use BA Miles. You won't have any of these issues.....
I only have AA miles...

I only have AA miles...
Could anyone help me?

Could you really help me?

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 26, 12 at 12:26 pm Reason: merge multiple posts
Old Jan 26, 12, 12:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Could anyone help me?
Have your read the first post for the thread that your post has been merged into?

HKG_Flyer1 has provided an excellent step-by-step procedure for how the process works.
Old Jan 26, 12, 12:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You must help yourself by searching the topics, which have often already been responded to - the first post in this thread has all the answers you are looking for. Please read upthread.

I only have AA miles...

Could anyone help me?

Old Jan 26, 12, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
You must help yourself by searching the topics, which have often already been responded to - the first post in this thread has all the answers you are looking for. Please read upthread.
I read it. Problem is: I am not in the philippines
Old Jan 26, 12, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA 1.3 MM/LT Gold, WN A-List, DL Silver
I read it. Problem is: I am not in the philippines
Did you read ALL of it?

American Airlines Manila CTO (Airesources, Inc. GSA) steps:

<snip>

Alternatively, if you are not able to physically present yourself at the Manila CTO, you may arrange to fax authorization for them to issue an e-ticket for the flight. This requires you to fax a detailed letter of authorization, accompanied by a copy of your passport and credit card and takes 2 - 3 days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: