Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil

GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil

Old Apr 29, 15, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by normcpa View Post
I spoke to the AA office in MNL yesterday and they told me that the restrictions about ticket issuance have been lifted. That said, the AA US agent still could not issue the tickets last night. When I called back and asked the MNL office for wire instructions, they told me to wait a few days to give the new directive time to filter down to the proper authorities. They said they would watch my reservation to make sure it didn't expire. (Miles have already been taken.)

I guess we'll see what happens.
That's great news! Hopefully, I can book flights ex-CEB (CX) and ex-CRK (QR)?
Old Apr 29, 15, 11:31 pm

Late this afternoon PDT I got an e-mail from AA MNL telling me to ticket with US Agents (restriction off as of April 29). I was able to ticket with US agent about four hours ago. Still doesn't show as ticketed on aa.com ("on request"), but AA app shows "ticketed."

Had argument with agent about an unwarranted $40/ticket admin fee since I couldn't book the itinerary on aa.com. She was sure she was right, and after hours trying to finalize the tickets, I decided to capitulate and hopefully get it straightened out with AA customer service tomorrow.
Old Apr 30, 15, 6:46 am

I booked on Singapore Air online, for a flight leaving from Manila. So I'm pretty sure there is no restriction about "ticketing" in the Philippines anymore
Old Apr 30, 15, 5:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
I booked on Singapore Air online, for a flight leaving from Manila. So I'm pretty sure there is no restriction about "ticketing" in the Philippines anymore
It was AA specific. Never had issues with Avios tickets on CX but AA did.
Old Feb 2, 16, 4:52 am

Does anyone have any updates about this new directive lifting this requirement of having to go through the AA office in MNL ? Does one have to do anything special anymore to get one-way MNL-outbound award tickets from AA? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 2, 16, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by robertoramos View Post
Does anyone have any updates about this new directive lifting this requirement of having to go through the AA office in MNL ? Does one have to do anything special anymore to get one-way MNL-outbound award tickets from AA? Thanks in advance.
As the title suggests, the restriction is now gone. You book x-MNL tickets like any regular AA award.
Old Feb 2, 16, 10:21 am

Yes, I read the title. But there's been no other independent post confirming the one post on April 2015. I'd like to know if others can confirm this.
Old Feb 3, 16, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by robertoramos View Post
Yes, I read the title. But there's been no other independent post confirming the one post on April 2015. I'd like to know if others can confirm this.
I've booked ~3 x-MNL award tickets since April. Didn't need to contact the AA MNL office, flew without any issue. HTH

Search this Thread
Search Engine: