Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Been making regular stops at this one for some time now. Can we just keep this spot our little secret? In the early afternoons there is no one in there and the selection of food (less so) and beverage (much more so) makes it an unrivaled option. Plus the E terminal has CLEAR and it's only a brief walk to the high D gates. It's a miracle this place hasn't been discovered, and the self-pour top-shelf bar decimated, by the standard AC hordes over at D30.
Having this AC in E away from the gates keeps the crowds down in the afternoon.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Is there consistent Pre-Check at E security, or is it like D and sometime open sometimes closed, and sometimes Pre-Check lite?
cr34102 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Having this AC in E away from the gates keeps the crowds down in the afternoon.
Which is, while fortunate, somewhat silly in my opinion because I'd say that for going out of anything above the mid D-20's the difference is a couple minutes (I always walk, never use the train), not counting time saved by having a car drop off at E instead of the mess at D, and being able to use CLEAR.

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Is there consistent Pre-Check at E security, or is it like D and sometime open sometimes closed, and sometimes Pre-Check lite?
At the time I fly out (early afternoon) it is always Pre-Check light. Which is fine with me, laptop out, no big deal. While E seems to really operate on "island time", with a high percentage of bag searches (hasn't happened to me yet - seems to mostly be of people transporting incredible quantities of stuff out of the country), it is usually faster than, or the same as, the long snaking line at the single Pre checkpoint in D.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:54 am
Suspended

E TSA is hit or miss. This morning 2 people in front me and through the ordeal is about 3 minutes.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I avoid it, it was 10 minute wait for me,plus more personal hassle;or me, liquids out, laptop out, ipad out, jacket off, medical equipment out, the only difference was best and shoes ok..

The line wasn't worse, but the difference for me was enough to be annoying.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
I avoid it, it was 10 minute wait for me,plus more personal hassle;or me, liquids out, laptop out, ipad out, jacket off, medical equipment out, the only difference was best and shoes ok..

The line wasn't worse, but the difference for me was enough to be annoying.
I only really have toothpaste as a "liquid" (and it's fairly dry toothpaste ) and don't have any of that other stuff (Jacket? Miami?!), so less of an issue here. Also, if it were just Pre to Pre, yeah, but having CLEAR makes E work better for me.

I've seen the regularly D Pre checkpoint be longer than 10 min. And at those times there's also usually a compounding effect because that also means the traffic is a mess in front of the terminal, so extra time to get dropped off (whereas there's never traffic at E).

At least we have options!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
There is never any Pre at E security, but in my experience, if you're in that part of the terminal and you need to get to the Premium Lounge or an E gate you're still better off going through E and having to take your laptop out. I don't recall having to pull liquids. And if the line were relatively short, I'd enter that way if I needed to get to the FL or D gates >29. Just last week I did just this to get to the FL as I had to mail a letter, and the only mailbox in the North Terminal is right by E security.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:32 am
Suspended

This club is now closed for renovations. Not sure how long. In the end while we might get some nicer furniture but I have the feeling this location will re-open sans the enhanced food offerings and the self pour bar. Or in other words an ordinary AC.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp
This club is now closed for renovations. Not sure how long. In the end while we might get some nicer furniture but I have the feeling this location will re-open sans the enhanced food offerings and the self pour bar. Or in other words an ordinary AC.
That would be a shame. Always look forward to having (somewhat) real food in the afternoons at MIA.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I bet this will be exactly the case given the bean counters at this airline. Also have a feeling this lounge will be in the permanent stage for "renovation" like it was with the old Flagship Lounge ca. 2010.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:32 am

I hope they keep the comfy brown leather chairs. Other than the worn out business center study carrels with the non-working plugs, I've always liked the furniture.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Given that this is the only lounge in E and the one that technically BA, IB, and QR use for business pax, I would have to think post renovations there would still be some kind of "premium" element to it over and above a normal AC. But who knows.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Given that this is the only lounge in E and the one that technically BA, IB, and QR use for business pax, I would have to think post renovations there would still be some kind of "premium" element to it over and above a normal AC. But who knows.
In certain airports BA and IB use the AC for J paxs (SFO, BNA) and to my knowledge none of them offer the enhanced food offerings and self pour bar. So the question is will BA, IB and QR continue to spring for the extras.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
In certain airports BA and IB use the AC for J paxs (SFO, BNA) and to my knowledge none of them offer the enhanced food offerings and self pour bar. So the question is will BA, IB and QR continue to spring for the extras.
BA uses the AC's as their business lounges in one-flight-a-day, outstation cities where the AC's are likely the only/nicest lounge option (BNA, PIT, DEN, TPA, etc.). Makes sense. SFO has a dedicated (and newly renovated) BA lounge.

IB's footprint is obviously much smaller but I'm not aware of any IB station in the US where the AC would be the primary lounge option.

But for MIA, a huge oneworld hub, where both BA and IB have 2+ daily flights in addition to QR, I can't imagine there not being something "premium" about the E lounge after renovations. If BA/IB/QR were willing to pay for the "premium" before (when it was a complete dump) then I'm guessing they will be willing to do it after, when it will hopefully be much nicer. But again, who knows.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I would have thought those flyers would be expected to go to the FL. Anyone in F who wants to take advantage of Flagship Dining has to go there anyway. Is there an expectation/requirement that the F/J lounge be some max distance from the departure gates?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.