Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by coolcoil
Having that card gives you AAdmirals Club membership and you have all of the rights of any other AC member. But, AAdmirals Club membership does not get you into the Premium Lounge. You have to be travelling on an international itinerary AND either be ticketed in a premium cabin OR hold OneWorld Emerald or Sapphire status.

The exception would be if your flight was leaving from the E gates, in which case the AC membership is accepted.
Citi Prestige card only grants AC access and not a membership. There is a major difference. AC access requires a qualifying ticket as well (on AA, and any partners AA chooses to bless for this purpose).

The Citi Exec card grants a full AC membership, which means, as long as you're in the same security area as an AC, you can go in, whether you're flying on AA, UA, DL, WN, B6, NK, are a terminating pax waiting for your ride, happen to airside access via some other means, etc, you can enter the AC as a member, no questions about qualifying ticket/status etc. And you can guest two people in and no need to check their boarding passes either.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
No, it's much better than the pictures in your post in all of the categories, except maybe soup, where they still have two choices. It is certainly presented a lot better too.
I agree it does have better food and beverage than any AC. More like a FL, and actually better than the ORD/JFK FL based upon my recent experience.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: delta dm
Having that card gives you AAdmirals Club membership and you have all of the rights of any other AC member. But, AAdmirals Club membership does not get you into the Premium Lounge. You have to be travelling on an international itinerary AND either be ticketed in a premium cabin OR hold OneWorld Emerald or Sapphire status.

The exception would be if your flight was leaving from the E gates, in which case the AC membership is accepted.
Can u access the premier lounge if you are arriving business class but connecting on to a domestic flight.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Can u access the premier lounge if you are arriving business class but connecting on to a domestic flight.
If you are connecting to domestic premium cabin, definitely yes. If you are connecting to domestic economy, then probably, but I'm not 100% sure.

As a PLT, I often use the lounge connecting int'l econ to domestic econ.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: delta dm
If you are connecting to domestic premium cabin, definitely yes. If you are connecting to domestic economy, then probably, but I'm not 100% sure.

As a PLT, I often use the lounge connecting int'l econ to domestic econ.
Connecting to domestic first lie flat to philly so sounds like i should be good to go.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
So, I got an email the other day informing me of the construction going on at the D15 and D30 AC's and recommending that I use the lounge at E. I remembered it being restricted before but when checking the site it definitely now says that all AC members and guests have access. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp

We just entered a bit ago and while the reception was cold we had no problem with entry. I am just a 30 day AC member at the moment.

Despite the place being dated and a little smelly the food and beverage options are great.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
Originally Posted by mcgahat
So, I got an email the other day informing me of the construction going on at the D15 and D30 AC's and recommending that I use the lounge at E. I remembered it being restricted before but when checking the site it definitely now says that all AC members and guests have access. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp

We just entered a bit ago and while the reception was cold we had no problem with entry. I am just a 30 day AC member at the moment.

Despite the place being dated and a little smelly the food and beverage options are great.
I was there today. Food was good. Had an irrops issue. Staff didn't seem to know the domestic network particularly well, though, and were suggesting alternative flights that were just plain wrong. Called the EXP desk who were much better placed to assist.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
What's the walk like from this lounge in E to D27? Flying domestic F to LAX but I only have about 30-40 minutes before boarding time to relax.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by ralphs
What's the walk like from this lounge in E to D27? Flying domestic F to LAX but I only have about 30-40 minutes before boarding time to relax.
Not worth it
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer

The class of service of the domestic onward connecting flight doesn't matter, as long as it is OW-marketed and OW-operated. What matters is the qualifying "international" OW segment, which must be in F or J class if you do not have status. Save your boarding stub for this qualifying segment to show at the front desk of the lounge.

If you are OW Sapphire or Emerald, the class of service doesn't matter on any of the aforementioned flights. Just be connecting from an "international" OW segment in any class of service to an onward OW flight and you will be eligible for access.

(of course, CURRENTLY, as a temporary perk, given the renovations, paid AC members can use the premium lounge regardless of travel itinerary)
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
It looks like the Premium Lounge in E is now open to all Admirals Club members:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp

I received an email letting me know that D30 will be under construction for an upcoming trip and offering D15 and E as alternates. Is the consensus that E is better than D15? I will be flying out of H and have a 3hr+ layover.

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp

I received an email letting me know that D30 will be under construction for an upcoming trip and offering D15 and E as alternates. Is the consensus that E is better than D15? I will be flying out of H and have a 3hr+ layover.

Thanks!
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would go to the Premium Lounge. Better free food and booze, plus it's a shorter walk to the H terminal than from either of the other two clubs.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:09 am

You will use that 3+ hour layover waiting to use the currently single operating elevator (construction have the others closed and no stairs) that is also shared with wheelchair pax going to 4th floor for the High E Tram and airport workers to get up and down to that club. I was in there before an E2 departure 10 days ago, and I will reiterate it is so not worth it as a lounge even with the people watching.

Last edited by DataPlumber; Nov 22, 2016 at 10:23 am
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:18 am

Is the consensus that E is better than D15?
I'll cast one vote for the Premium Lounge in E, which I found much better than D15, in all respects.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
If all AC members can now get in then it's worth the trip just for the Russian Standard, time permitting of course ;-)

I'll still take the sometimes overcrowded Centurion Lounge unless I'm down at the other end of the North terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.