Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I decided to call and find out before going there. As an EXP with Amex Plat I would not be able to enter because I am not flying intl despite departing from E.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Pedro M
While walking from terminal D...
I haven't had to make "the walk" to E in a couple of months. Please tell us they've finally changed that outrageous puke green carpet. Stepping onto that always makes me want to lose my lunch. (Hey who says FT doesn't address truly serious issues?)
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
I haven't had to make "the walk" to E in a couple of months. Please tell us they've finally changed that outrageous puke green carpet. Stepping onto that always makes me want to lose my lunch. (Hey who says FT doesn't address truly serious issues?)
AFIAK its still there (unless its been very recently replaced.) Hey, I've seen people sleeping on that green thing face down (only at MIA). I still think the moldy carpet is also still down in E.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
AFIAK its still there (unless its been very recently replaced.) Hey, I've seen people sleeping on that green thing face down (only at MIA). I still think the moldy carpet is also still down in E.
I just walked from D to the Premium Lounge. The carpet between D and E is a nice blue color, and it looks new. Now, the greenish/blue carpet in E is hideous indeed.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I have an upcoming MIA-MAD flight on AA in J and a subsequent IB codeshare flight out of MAD. I assume I will have access to this lounge.

Is there an IB desk at this lounge, where I can get seat assignment and boarding pass on an IB codeshare flight that departs MAD? AFAIK, it is very difficult to almost impossible to get pre-assigned seats on an IB codeshare flight, when booked with AA.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I have an upcoming MIA-MAD flight on AA in J and a subsequent IB codeshare flight out of MAD. I assume I will have access to this lounge.

Is there an IB desk at this lounge, where I can get seat assignment and boarding pass on an IB codeshare flight that departs MAD? AFAIK, it is very difficult to almost impossible to get pre-assigned seats on an IB codeshare flight, when booked with AA.
Yes, the front desk at the Premium Lounge has airline reps from AA, BA, and IB. They can issue boarding passes on their respective airlines' own ticket stocks.

A few weeks ago I flew MIA-LHR on AA, then LHR-CDG on BA (AA codeshare). Of course I got all boarding passes from the AA ticket counter, but I wanted a "real" BA boarding pass for my connection. So, after I checked into the lounge with the AA AAngel, I approached the BA rep and she reprinted the LHR-CDG segment on BA ticket stock. Great service!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
First visit to the "new" Premium lounge.

In terms of getting in, I'm a Qantas Club member flying AA domestically with my next flight out of E. They let me in without any question but were not permitting the pax with an Amex card in. They told him to go to the AC in D.

In terms of the club, I always liked this club when it was an AC club. Lots of light and nice views. Food and bar definitely better than AC but not close to the level of a FL. Still, quieter, some food, and better bar than the otherwise nice AC's in D.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Yes, the front desk at the Premium Lounge has airline reps from AA, BA, and IB. They can issue boarding passes on their respective airlines' own ticket stocks.

A few weeks ago I flew MIA-LHR on AA, then LHR-CDG on BA (AA codeshare). Of course I got all boarding passes from the AA ticket counter, but I wanted a "real" BA boarding pass for my connection. So, after I checked into the lounge with the AA AAngel, I approached the BA rep and she reprinted the LHR-CDG segment on BA ticket stock. Great service!
I was at this lounge recently and they do not have an IB rep at the desk. There was an AA and a BA rep. I was trying to get my BP for an Iberia flight that I was connecting to following an AA MIA-MAD flight, but the AA rep could not help.

The lounge had decent food and alcohol selection though.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I was at this lounge recently and they do not have an IB rep at the desk. There was an AA and a BA rep. I was trying to get my BP for an Iberia flight that I was connecting to following an AA MIA-MAD flight, but the AA rep could not help.

Perhaps the IB rep is there at only certain times of the day....such as before the IB metal departures.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

Mileage run? were you flying back to MAD/BCN on the IB flight?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by sts603
Mileage run? were you flying back to MAD/BCN on the IB flight?
It wasn't a MR, just a regular business trip with TATL portion on AA and intra-European segment on IB. I have never taken an IB TATL flight. But I suppose there was a mileage promotion on those a while back.

BTW, has anyone seen showers at the Premium Lounge?

Also has anyone recently had any luck accessing this lounge "arriving" on an AA TATL flight and connecting to a domestic AA flight?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This lounge is not an Admirals Club (AC members wishing access must be departing from the E concourse) nor is it subject to normal oneworld rules for access. It is restricted to passengers departing from the E gates on AA, BA and IB, and does not allow any guests for those eligible for entry.

It wasn't a MR, just a regular business trip with TATL portion on AA and intra-European segment on IB. I have never taken an IB TATL flight. But I suppose there was a mileage promotion on those a while back.

BTW, has anyone seen showers at the Premium Lounge?

Also has anyone recently had any luck accessing this lounge "arriving" on an AA TATL flight and connecting to a domestic AA flight?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
This is somewhat confusing.

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=...=3160]American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia Open Premium Lounge at Miami International Airport
[url=Premium Lounge is the First Joint Lounge of Its Kind for the Three Airlines[/url]
The AA, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge.
To me this has three parts:
Originally Posted by part1
The AA, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers.
This includes any non AAdvantage oneworld sapphire/emerald passenger travelling on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld carrier.

This is in line with the status based access part of these rules: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

Originally Posted by part2
Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket ...
Originally Posted by part3
... Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge.
I also note this page which has a specific exclusion for AC members not departing concourse E and a general exclusion for all passengers not departing concourse E.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...ations.jsp#MIA

Code:
Miami (MIA) - Premium Lounge  Concourse E just beyond       Daily
                              the security checkpoint       1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.   
Miami International Airport   on the fifth floor. Admirals 
                              Club members must be          Must be departing from  
                              departing Concourse E	    Concourse E to access this 
                                                            lounge. No additional guests.
So based on that last bit, it's concourse E departures or bust ...

Of course, there's this (which quotes the press release): http://www.miami-airport.com/vip_premium_lounge.asp but contradicts that "last bit".
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat AA EXP 2.5MM
The rules do seem confusing. My wife arrived in MIA from LHR on an F ticket and she was departing to GCM from D.

I convinced her to go to the Premium Lounge and she had no issues getting in.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by caymancanuck
The rules do seem confusing. My wife arrived in MIA from LHR on an F ticket and she was departing to GCM from D.

I convinced her to go to the Premium Lounge and she had no issues getting in.
I'm certain i've been in the 'new' OW lounge in E when flying F with AA to LHR (fellow cayman islander here who prefers to avoid old CW on ba 767s, back breakers!). I'll be flying GCM-MIA-LHR in F with AA on May 11th (look for the bored Scot, i'll buy you a free beer) and I would be surprised if they did not let me in as its a premium OW lounge after all, which includes AA premium tickets - the E only departures rule I believe is for Admirals club members only who are not flying transcon in F,Z J or U, if you are in F or J on AA, IB or BA you should be able to get in. If im wrong, well, im wrong, i'll go to Shula's and empty their stock of Hoegaardens (rather than put up with loud phone conversations in the AC, although i might pop in to add to the stocks for the Treasure Hunt...). Come to think of it since i get to MIA at 10am i'll be in Shula's doing that anyway until the OW lounge opens...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.