Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 17, 10:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: AndyAA
Wiki Link
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways



Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30



Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Oct 22, 18, 5:51 pm
  #421  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,903
Yeah other than self pour bar it’s on par now with a traditional AC. The club closes in December I think for renovations.
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 18, 6:02 pm
  #422  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Posts: 5,294
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
Yeah other than self pour bar it’s on par now with a traditional AC. The club closes in December I think for renovations.
It needs it. Not enough chargers, misplaced furniture, badly used and unused open space, deserted bar, etc. Reminds me of the BA lounge in Berlin. Spartan.

Oh. Never mind. I found the pineapple juice. All good now!
IADCAflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 18, 6:58 am
  #423  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 5,301
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
Yeah other than self pour bar it’s on par now with a traditional AC. The club closes in December I think for renovations.
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
It needs it. Not enough chargers, misplaced furniture, badly used and unused open space, deserted bar, etc. Reminds me of the BA lounge in Berlin. Spartan.
But it's worse, I can't think of any other normal AC that is as dreadful as this place is. Don't forget the killing what little ambiance is left, hospital spec bright fluorescent lights beaming in from the interior terminal windows.
JJeffrey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 18, 1:20 pm
  #424  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne
Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Posts: 21,083
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
But it's worse, I can't think of any other normal AC that is as dreadful as this place is. Don't forget the killing what little ambiance is left, hospital spec bright fluorescent lights beaming in from the interior terminal windows.
How things change ...

It was only five years od so ago where people would discuss on ways, methods and means to access this lounge in preference to any of the A/C's.

Just look at earlier posts in of this very thread.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 23, 18 at 1:31 pm
serfty is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 18, 8:39 pm
  #425  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Programs: AA PLT, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 146
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
How things change ...

It was only five years od so ago where people would discuss on ways, methods and means to access this lounge in preference to any of the A/C's.

Just look at earlier posts in of this very thread.
You only have to go back five months, not five years. Real food, real desserts, good free drinks, not the standard same old AC stuff. Oh well..
taxatty56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 18, 9:00 pm
  #426  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Posts: 5,294
Yeah, I was stunned at how much it had changed. Last time I was there was maybe 18 months ago, and it was a very nice club - about 1/2 step down from the Flagship Lounge at JFK in terms of design and look and amenities.

It honestly looked -terrible-. I am sure the Club World (BA), Finnair, and Iberia passengers who go through this lounge are equally taken aback as I was.
IADCAflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:11 am
  #427  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,903
With a FL now in MIA I assume that after it reopens next year for renovations it will be a standard AC, including no more self pour bar. Hopefully, AA keeps the showers (Parker doesn't seem to be too keen on that amenity).

I wonder if the club will have standard AC hours (now it doesn't open until 1PM).
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 18, 12:01 am
  #428  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,041
I was there on Sunday night, I was previously unaware of the premium offerings at this lounge—it was very nice to grab a box of water and a bottle of San Pellegrino to go. They also had a decent Chicken Cesar Wrap.
donotblink is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 1:43 pm
  #429  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca., USA
Programs: AA Ex Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Posts: 5,691
as of today, posted opening is 1pm. Standard AC fare plus goopy tuna salad, turkey wraps, roast beef sandwiches, cold cuts, greens, cole slaw, macaroni salad, bread for sandwiches. But no guacamole or avocado toast.

Beverage is what makes the place worth the stop.

Pellegrino water, tattinger champagne, Remy Martin VSOP, JW black, grey goose, patron, Hendricks, etc all free

but the espresso machine is the inferior Nescafé.

Less crowded at 4pm than D40 AC
cr34102, AANYC1981 and Pasqualle7 like this.

Last edited by beachfan; Jan 25, 19 at 2:40 pm
beachfan is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 2:05 pm
  #430  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,903
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
as of today, posted opening is 1pm. Standard AC fare plus goopy tuna salad, turkey wraps, roast beef sandwiches, cold cuts, greens, cole slaw, macaroni salad, bread for sandwiches. But no guacamole or avocado toast.

Beverage is what makes the place worth the stop.

Pellegrino water, tattinger champagne, Remy Martin VSOP, JW black, grey goose, patron, Hendricks, etc all free
The 1PM opening has been in effect since the club reopened as an AC. They could really use having this lounge opened in the morning. The D30 AC is a zoo in the morning. Other than the sandwiches and self pour bar not offerings not much different than the other ACs.
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:17 pm
  #431  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 5,301
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
The 1PM opening has been in effect since the club reopened as an AC. They could really use having this lounge opened in the morning. The D30 AC is a zoo in the morning. Other than the sandwiches and self pour bar not offerings not much different than the other ACs.
Even when it was open in the morning the only redeeming quality of this lounge (self pour bar) was not set up. I passed through in the morning in May of last year, stayed for 5 mins then left, would rather just wait in the terminal.
JJeffrey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:23 pm
  #432  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 5,744
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Even when it was open in the morning the only redeeming quality of this lounge (self pour bar) was not set up. I passed through in the morning in May of last year, stayed for 5 mins then left, would rather just wait in the terminal.
There at least was self pour bubbles in the morning no?
AANYC1981 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:29 pm
  #433  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 5,301
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
There at least was self pour bubbles in the morning no?
Nope there was no self pour anything (and of course no bartender or real bar setup if you did want anything alcoholic). They only put the bar out in the afternoon for the BA/IB/QR flights since this is technically the lounge they use.
JJeffrey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:42 pm
  #434  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,041
The free bottled water (back to Dasani from the boxed water) is really nice.
donotblink is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 8:10 am
  #435  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,073
Been making regular stops at this one for some time now. Can we just keep this spot our little secret? In the early afternoons there is no one in there and the selection of food (less so) and beverage (much more so) makes it an unrivaled option. Plus the E terminal has CLEAR and it's only a brief walk to the high D gates. It's a miracle this place hasn't been discovered, and the self-pour top-shelf bar decimated, by the standard AC hordes over at D30.
arlflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread