Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by DataPlumber

You underestimate the level of effort some will go through for a Costco-industrially produced level of buffet food and to save a $24 bar tab.
I figured that's why half of FT's members even joined.

This pretty much describes domestic non-transcontinental first class travel today (featuring Wal-Mart-level plated food instead of Costco buffet food), only that at the end of the Costco lounge buffet, the lounge bathroom is somewhat more spacious than the 7M8 lavatory and the lounge doesn't play the gentle, soothing soundtrack that puts you into a gentle slumber: "We'd like to tell you about a special offer for this flight..."

For some flyers, I suspect that the forward cabin IS their free bar.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The lounge hasn’t been renovated but repairs like fixing the closed off portion have been completed. In addition to better food and drink offerings and a self pour bar the lounge is rarely crowded. Given that MIA has a FL lounge I wonder how long the enhanced food and drinks will last.
For as long as British Airways, Iberia and Qatar continue to pay for it.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by scubadu
Food and booze selection blows the ACs out of the water, so if you are traveling domestically (i.e. no Flagship Lounge access) it's a great experience.

Regards
Even with the (slightly) enhanced food and booze I find this place dreadful.

And it's important to note, the enhanced food and booze is only available in the afternoon and evening. I passed through last month in the morning and it was especially awful.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I go there not only for the better food and drink but the spaciousness too. If I am going to shell money out every year for an AC membership (which my company doesn't reimburse) I'm going to take advantage of the ammendities offererd.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
What surprises me is how MIA is utilized. If you had D-E-F all connected air side (Need to connect F with D-E), then have AA use D/E with BA and other OW using E,F. F could also be used for non unaffiliated International Arrivals and then G being used as all unaffiliated international departures. H gets sky team and J has star. This would allow for LATAM, BA, Qatar, Finnair, Iberia, Air Italy and Aer Lingus (if they want to be OW) to use the E and F Lounges and redevelop to be able to handle all OW as a global hub. Then in one mega D-E-F you would have: 2 AC's, 1 FL, 1 E Premium, 1 F Premium.
zpaul likes this.

Last edited by Pasqualle7; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:53 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
What surprises me is how MIA is utilized. If you had D-E-F-G all connected air side (Need to connect F with D-E), then have AA use D/E with BA and other OW using E,F. F could also be used for non unaffiliated International Arrivals and then G being used as all unaffiliated international departures. H gets sky team and J has star. This would allow for LATAM, BA, Qatar, Finnair, Iberia, Air Italy and Aer Lingus (if they want to be OW) to use the E and F Lounges and redevelop to be able to handle all OW as a global hub. Then in one mega D-E-F you would have: 2 AC's, 1 FL, 1 E Premium, 1 F Premium.
This is Miami...your idea makes too much sense to ever be implemented!
taxatty56 and Pasqualle7 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:06 pm

On the AA website it now lists E as an AC. On the App as well.

Update: heard through the grapevine, became an AC two weeks ago, and in December will shutdown for a complete renovation.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp

Last edited by Pasqualle7; Aug 31, 2018 at 12:21 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
On the AA website it now lists E as an AC. On the App as well.

Update: heard through the grapevine, became an AC two weeks ago, and in December will shutdown for a complete renovation.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp
We were in the E club yesterday as our AA CTL flight left out of E. As always, a much better experience than the MIA D ACs--real food in addition to the AC soup and snacks and pour your own booze, etc.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by taxatty56
We were in the E club yesterday as our AA CTL flight left out of E. As always, a much better experience than the MIA D ACs--real food in addition to the AC soup and snacks and pour your own booze, etc.
I have a feeling that will end after the redesign sadly.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Which is the best lounge for BA flight?

I have a British Airways flight from MIA in a few weeks time. I am currently OWE but will have dropped down to OWS (BA Sliver) by the time I take the flight. I am flying biz class on an AA ticket but operated by BA. Which is my best lounge option..... as I am connecting from SXM could really do with a shower.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Slotski
I have a British Airways flight from MIA in a few weeks time. I am currently OWE but will have dropped down to OWS (BA Sliver) by the time I take the flight. I am flying biz class on an AA ticket but operated by BA. Which is my best lounge option..... as I am connecting from SXM could really do with a shower.
The Flagship Lounge, hands down.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I have a feeling that will end after the redesign sadly.
yep agreed I don’t think this is good news for the E lounge.
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981

yep agreed I don’t think this is good news for the E lounge.
I wonder what their plan is. Maybe AA to start to use E more with other OW using D? That will be a very large AC for a place where AA doesn't fly out of a lot. It also puts the FL as the only premium option for non LATAM OW carriers which can be a hike from the E satellite. So I would say they are either going to open a club way to large for the terminal, close space and make it smaller, or split it into another premium/AC (not likely). Im surprised that BA/IB didnt invest more into it and make MIA a global OW hub which would make sense being its a hub for AA and gateway for LATAM to the rest of the world.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I wonder what their plan is. Maybe AA to start to use E more with other OW using D? That will be a very large AC for a place where AA doesn't fly out of a lot. It also puts the FL as the only premium option for non LATAM OW carriers which can be a hike from the E satellite. So I would say they are either going to open a club way to large for the terminal, close space and make it smaller, or split it into another premium/AC (not likely). Im surprised that BA/IB didnt invest more into it and make MIA a global OW hub which would make sense being its a hub for AA and gateway for LATAM to the rest of the world.
I can see the E lounge becoming a OW lounge with AC members allowed to use the lounge when their flight departs from the E concourse.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The E club has reopened as an AC. Still enhanced food offerings and self pour bar. Hours are 1PM to 1030PM. Open to all AC members.
Sitting in the E club now and it I see a major decline in quality and amenities. Food is not nearly as good as it was with one soup item not available for nearly 30 minutes. The deli cuts represented some sliced ham and turkey and was not replenished for a good 45 minutes.

Dessert tray is gone - left with standard cookies and brownies.

Only upside is indeed the self pour bar. On my third Grand Marnier already....
AAway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.