Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

It is expected to remain closed for five weeks according to the BA Trade Support website
zpaul likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:54 pm

Does anyone know what the renovations will be? It’s hard to imagine what can be accomplished in 5 weeks, given how long D15/30 took.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I think that all it needs is cosmetic work that could be accomplished quickly. They just need to replace some of the furniture, slap on some paint, replace the desks in the business area and upgrade the food dispensing area a bit. I would imagine they will do something with the large bar that has gone unused for years too. Either make it a real AAdmirals Club bar and take away the self-pour or get rid of it altogether. I'd think they want to be able to continue to use it as an AAdmiral's Club and they can't afford to keep up the free pour for the riff-raff.

The bathrooms were in good shape and the elevators recently upgraded, so I'm guessing they don't have much infrastructure work to do.

Just speculation on my part - I have no inside information. I hope they keep the comfy leather chairs.

Last edited by coolcoil; Jul 22, 2018 at 7:01 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I was told tonight at D15 that the D30 AC will re-open in 2 weeks. So I would imagine the rule for AC members will revert back to only if flying out of E or on a qualifying OW flight. So long premium food and booze.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:24 am
Suspended

Anyone got further information on the re-opening of either the E club or the D30 AC? Having one AC at MIA is a PITA unless your flight departs from the lower D gates.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
As of yesterday the D30 AC was still closed.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Anyone got further information on the re-opening of either the E club or the D30 AC? Having one AC at MIA is a PITA unless your flight departs from the lower D gates.
D30 AC opened today.
ronp101 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Got an email from AA to that effect. The email said the E club was still open to AC members and there wasn’t a restriction that your flight had to depart from E or flying OW. Of course the bigger question is when will E reopen.
ronp101 and zpaul like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

The E club has reopened as an AC. Still enhanced food offerings and self pour bar. Hours are 1PM to 1030PM. Open to all AC members.
Prospero and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Got an email from AA to that effect. The email said the E club was still open to AC members and there wasn’t a restriction that your flight had to depart from E or flying OW. Of course the bigger question is when will E reopen.
I'm genuinely curious as to why folks would choose this lounge if they can get into others, I found it really poor, have renovations helped?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Omnivore
I'm genuinely curious as to why folks would choose this lounge if they can get into others, I found it really poor, have renovations helped?
If I had a long layover (before the FL) I did not mind using it - bigger variety of food and higher end booze than the D AC's
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: CK or bust
If one doesn't have access to the MIA FL and leaves from the high D gates or the E gates, it saves quite a hike to the sky train.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Food and booze selection blows the ACs out of the water, so if you are traveling domestically (i.e. no Flagship Lounge access) it's a great experience.

Regards
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:52 pm
Suspended

The lounge hasn’t been renovated but repairs like fixing the closed off portion have been completed. In addition to better food and drink offerings and a self pour bar the lounge is rarely crowded. Given that MIA has a FL lounge I wonder how long the enhanced food and drinks will last.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:22 pm

You underestimate the level of effort some will go through for a Costco-industrially produced level of buffet food and to save a $24 bar tab.
enpremiere likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.