Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 17, 10:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: AndyAA
Wiki Link
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

Old May 15, 18, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
If I have access to the flagship lounge (but not FFD), should I bother with this lounge? Arriving on AA, departing on IB
like others, I note the premium Lounge has always been a step above a regular Admirals Club. However, if you can get in the new flagship Lounge, it's far better than the premium Lounge. The only advantage of the premium Lounge over the flags at Lounge is a decent View
Old May 16, 18, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
like others, I note the premium Lounge has always been a step above a regular Admirals Club. However, if you can get in the new flagship Lounge, it's far better than the premium Lounge. The only advantage of the premium Lounge over the flags at Lounge is a decent View
Ok what am I missing here. Views from the FL beat the socks off the Premium Lounge.
zpaul likes this.
Old May 23, 18, 3:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Just curious, are there other premium lounges that an Admirals Club member can access solely based on departure terminal like this one in different cities?

Last edited by AAdamE; May 23, 18 at 3:10 pm
Old May 30, 18, 3:10 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold, UA 1K
Originally Posted by AAdamE View Post
Just curious, are there other premium lounges that an Admirals Club member can access solely based on departure terminal like this one in different cities?
Not that I'm aware of, other than the temp lounge at DFW D.
Old May 30, 18, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zpaul View Post
Not that I'm aware of, other than the temp lounge at DFW D.
I'm not positive, but I don't believe that AC members can visit the temp premium lounge in DFW D.

Regards
Old May 30, 18, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by AAdamE View Post
Only reason that I'm aware of that normal AC members can access the premium lounge now is because the D30 AC is closed for renovations.

Outside of the slightly better food/booze/champagne offered in the evenings, the premium lounge is a dump.
Old May 30, 18, 5:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Only reason that I'm aware of that normal AC members can access the premium lounge now is because the D30 AC is closed for renovations.

Outside of the slightly better food/booze/champagne offered in the evenings, the premium lounge is a dump.
No longer has to do with construction. Ever since AA began regularly using Concourse E, all AC members can access the Premium Lounge since there is no equivalent AC there. There used to be a requirement that one is flying out of E (when AA only had a few E flights), but that was lifted a while back.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 30, 18, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Another advantage of the E lounge, it may be a dump, but it's huge, clean and almost always rather empty, as opposed to the crowded D ACs.
Old May 31, 18, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
No longer has to do with construction. Ever since AA began regularly using Concourse E, all AC members can access the Premium Lounge since there is no equivalent AC there. There used to be a requirement that one is flying out of E (when AA only had a few E flights), but that was lifted a while back.
Good to know
Old May 31, 18, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
MIA E will be revamped after D30 so ive heard. I have a feeling it will become a full AC or either half AC half Premium. I wonder if AA will allow OWE in first to the FFD. (BA, IB) being AA no longer will have 1st class there. Only time will tell.
Old May 31, 18, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond (Aspire)
Wait - when will 777W leave Miami? I even made an effort to show up a little earlier a couple of times because I really liked FFD - but I can't see them continuing this. they will keep the "premium" lounge concept and get rid of the dining room.
Old May 31, 18, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flying_geek View Post
Wait - when will 777W leave Miami? I even made an effort to show up a little earlier a couple of times because I really liked FFD - but I can't see them continuing this. they will keep the "premium" lounge concept and get rid of the dining room.
https://www.aacargo.com/downloads/sc...S_Outbound.pdf
Old May 31, 18, 10:05 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond (Aspire)
Maybe I am not smart enough to read this - but I booked MIA-MAA for October earlier today - AA38 still showed as 777W and I called AA to request upgrade to F

I also just looked at my likely flight to Europe for Xmas holiday with family and AA38 is a 777W
Old Jun 1, 18, 12:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Originally Posted by Pasqualle7 View Post
MIA E will be revamped after D30 so ive heard. I have a feeling it will become a full AC or either half AC half Premium. I wonder if AA will allow OWE in first to the FFD. (BA, IB) being AA no longer will have 1st class there. Only time will tell.
AA will continue to offer daily 77W service to London, Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo.

AA accidently loaded a 772 onto MIA-LHR when they announced the frequency shift with BA. It's since been fixed.
Old Jul 9, 18, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
As of yesterday, the MIA E Premium Lounge was "temporarily closed for renovations" (it had been open last week)..

Search this Thread