Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:22 pm

I am sure if it is still open at all, I think it would not make any sense with the new D30 Flagship Lounge opening up yesterday. I posted pics in a trip report if anybody is curious.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Plat/1MM
The Tattinger was flowing in the Premium Lounge on Monday.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
The "E-Premium" lounge is still open as an Admirals Club as of November 26. Self-serve bar with Taittinger and modest food (not as nice as the newly opened D-30 Flagship Lounge).

The left side of the lounge (toward the F gates) is usually far quieter than the noisy right side where the bar is located. MUCH quieter and more private.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I may be a little bit spoilt by the Flagship Lounge but anyone with access to it would be crazy to go here. It’s like a waiting room in a nursing home. The AAngels are lovely as always and there’s Taittinger in the ice bucket but otherwise nothing at all to recommend it.
zpaul likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Shame about the E lounge ... it has been a good alternative to the AC's over the last few years, especially before the D lounge refurbishments when access was limited.

But I guess the new refurbishments in the main pier have taken precedence.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:08 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by serfty
Shame about the E lounge ... it has been a good alternative to the AC's over the last few years, especially before the D lounge refurbishments when access was limited.

But I guess the new refurbishments in the main pier have taken precedence.
I also mourn the fall of the E lounge. For years it occupied a special niche in the AA system. Not quite a Flagship lounge, but also not a lowly AC. AFAICT there was only one lounge like it. Some of the employees have been there for decades and it was always nice to see them and catch up on the Good Old Days.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Heading over today around 930am...never been that early so hope it is still better than a traditional AC.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
At the "premium lounge" now and found it interesting being in the line for the food buffet with a fully uniformed AA lounge employee trying to stack a plate with cheese cubes. Also watched a working FA eating a FC oatmeal breakfast in the jump seat on the way down just now from LGA-MIA (the same FA who showed up late to our flight, well after boarding time, and delayed boarding).

AA really knows how to pick em!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:13 pm

The E concourse "Premium" lounge has superior food and beverage (especially Taittinger) than any Admiral Club I've visited in the past 25+ years. I always make a point to use it instead of the evolving D concourse alternatives whenever flight schedules and gate assignments allow. The fixtures and furnishings have changed very little since the late 80s when E was the Latin America/Caribbean gate area for American. When I have Flagship Lounge access I opt for that because there is no comparison, it is vastly superior to the concourse E Premium lounge.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
At the "premium lounge" now and found it interesting being in the line for the food buffet with a fully uniformed AA lounge employee trying to stack a plate with cheese cubes. Also watched a working FA eating a FC oatmeal breakfast in the jump seat on the way down just now from LGA-MIA (the same FA who showed up late to our flight, well after boarding time, and delayed boarding).

Yeah, I think this club doubles as the employee break room. Every time I'm in there I'm usually in the food line with employees who are also they to get some grub.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

At least the employee was fully uniformed.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I also mourn the fall of the E lounge. For years it occupied a special niche in the AA system. Not quite a Flagship lounge, but also not a lowly AC. AFAICT there was only one lounge like it. Some of the employees have been there for decades and it was always nice to see them and catch up on the Good Old Days.
I just passed through Miami today. The E lounge is threadbare--looking worn--the big bar isn't used, seems like a space that is looking for a purpose. One room is taped off and nothing happening in it.

I did have the uncomfortable position of being in FC from Kingston, sapphire and an AA member and not having access to the FL lounge. My gate was in right across from it--it is a great location, but going down to D15 from D37 isn't practical or expedient.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
deleted, wrong thread
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by jpsj
I just passed through Miami today. The E lounge is threadbare--looking worn--the big bar isn't used, seems like a space that is looking for a purpose. One room is taped off and nothing happening in it..
Hmmm. Other than the taped off section you’ve pretty much described its appearance for the last decade.
zpaul likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If I have access to the flagship lounge (but not FFD), should I bother with this lounge? Arriving on AA, departing on IB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.