Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 17, 10:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: AndyAA
Wiki Link
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 20, 17, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by techie View Post
I used the lounge last month and had to sigh as I entered at the dreary decor that has not been updated in years. The TV screens -- both for entertainment and flight info -- are from last century. The elevator that took forever and felt like it was more appropriate in Steve McQueen era. Until there is something better, I think I will try to stick to Amex's facility. You would think that BA and IB could bang their heads and wallets together and have a really nice place, but nooooo.
the best part of this lounge is the self-serve Tattinger and better spirits options than the AC.

Other than that I found the place to be extremely outdated (and in the back rooms where the sun floods the place, quite uncomfortably warm). Food wasn't anything to write home about, some finger sandwiches and pasta salad alongside the salad bar.
Old Feb 18, 17, 7:11 am

Talking PAP-MIA-JFK on AA metal will I get access on this itin w/ AA-P/OW-S?

Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
The class of service of the domestic onward connecting flight doesn't matter, as long as it is OW-marketed and OW-operated. What matters is the qualifying "international" OW segment, which must be in F or J class if you do not have status. Save your boarding stub for this qualifying segment to show at the front desk of the lounge.

If you are OW Sapphire or Emerald, the class of service doesn't matter on any of the aforementioned flights. Just be connecting from an "international" OW segment in any class of service to an onward OW flight and you will be eligible for access.

(of course, CURRENTLY, as a temporary perk, given the renovations, paid AC members can use the premium lounge regardless of travel itinerary)

Apologies to my slowness, as I am still not clear regarding access with my itinerary, although I tremendously appreciate the length and depth of this thread.

I will be flying back with a group of 5 co-workers including myself from PAP-MIA-JFK on AA metal with 3+hr layover in MIA. So I and another one of my colleagues have AA-P / OW-S without AC and so we had some questions regarding access to this lounge.

here are some questions from what i've gleaned from reading this thread.

1. Is PAP-MIA considered an international segment? (or does it being Haiti/Caribbean put the kibosh on the whole thing) If No go to question 4.
2. If yes, do I and my colleague as AA-P/OWS be granted access with a guest?
3. If again yes, can I also purchase access for our 5th wheeling coworker (who is an Asiana-P / SA-G)

4. If all else fails will my colleague and I be able to access the lounge thru the 500mile upgrade channel to business/first? (if yes back to 2 and 3!)

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 17, 7:22 am

Programs: AA-PLT
Originally Posted by dablazin View Post
Apologies to my slowness, as I am still not clear regarding access with my itinerary, although I tremendously appreciate the length and depth of this thread.

I will be flying back with a group of 5 co-workers including myself from PAP-MIA-JFK on AA metal with 3+hr layover in MIA. So I and another one of my colleagues have AA-P / OW-S without AC and so we had some questions regarding access to this lounge.

1. Is PAP-MIA considered an international segment? (or does it being Haiti/Caribbean put the kibosh on the whole thing) If No go to question 4.
3. If again yes, can I also purchase access for our 5th wheeling coworker (who is an Asiana-P / SA-G)

4. If all else fails will my colleague and I be able to access the lounge thru the 500mile upgrade channel to business/first? (if yes back to 2 and 3!)

Thanks!
Unfortunately, the answers to 1 and 4 are "no" and "no." Caribbean origins and destinations connecting to domestic flights are excluded in both cases. You would not have access even with paid business class.
Old Feb 18, 17, 8:24 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by dablazin View Post

Thanks!
Originally Posted by coolcoil View Post
Unfortunately, the answers to 1 and 4 are "no" and "no." Caribbean origins and destinations connecting to domestic flights are excluded in both cases. You would not have access even with paid business class.
If you and your companion were non-AA oneworld sapphires, then you would be allowed access, though. Though I don't think you can buy a day pass for the 5th passenger to the premium lounge. (You could for the regular Admirals Club, though.)
Old Feb 18, 17, 12:28 pm

thank you all for your prompt replies. I appreciate it.
Old Feb 20, 17, 4:36 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold, UA 1K
I was a bit disappointed to find that the "good" stuff doesn't get put out until noon - I mean, champagne is an anytime drink, right?
Old Feb 20, 17, 5:06 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by zpaul View Post
I was a bit disappointed to find that the "good" stuff doesn't get put out until noon - I mean, champagne is an anytime drink, right?
It's one of the few things you can drink before noon without people thinking you're an alcoholic. So yes, definitely an anytime drink!
Old Feb 21, 17, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Djokison View Post
It's one of the few things you can drink before noon without people thinking you're an alcoholic.
Does anyone actually care what other people think when drinking in a lounge?
Old Mar 8, 17, 11:45 am

So what's the status with respect to AC members? According to the FT thread and AA web page, D30 is still under construction, so is the exemption allowance to this premium lounge still in place? Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 17, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
So what's the status with respect to AC members? According to the FT thread and AA web page, D30 is still under construction, so is the exemption allowance to this premium lounge still in place? Thanks!
Yes AC members can still use the E Premium Lounge.
Old Mar 8, 17, 1:38 pm

Appreciate it. Might swing by tomorrow, depending on where my flights end up being located. Only have about 1:30 blocked, but sort of curious to check it out.
Old Mar 8, 17, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by techie View Post
Does anyone actually care what other people think when drinking in a lounge?
I sure don't
Old Mar 8, 17, 3:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Ritz-Carlton Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
I sure don't
On planes and in lounges, it's always wine o'clock.
Old Mar 9, 17, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState View Post
On planes and in lounges, it's always wine o'clock.
At this lounge now. In my case, it's Budweiser-o'clock, because they haven't put out the makings of a proper Bloody Mary yet.
Old Sep 22, 17, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Amtrak, WN
Can AC members still use this lounge? Also, can we bring guests? The wiki indicates otherwise, but I didn't know if that info was correct.

Search this Thread