Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 17, 10:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: AndyAA
Wiki Link
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 24, 15, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA-PLT
Originally Posted by GaryD View Post
No. There is an airside connector with moving sidewalks.

Be aware though that the AA Priority check-in (as well as Flagship Check-in) is closer to the D security entrance than the E, so there's that too.
Airside connector yes. Moving sidewalks, not so much. Unless they've installed them in the last week. I make that long hike all of the time and I don't recall ever seeing a people mover.

There is normally Pre-Check at E, but they've temporarily moved E security while the main space is under construction and the temporary security does not have full Pre-. They do allow you some Pre- amenities (shoes on, etc.) but you're still better off at D until the regular E security reopens.
Old Nov 24, 15, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by coolcoil View Post
Airside connector yes. Moving sidewalks, not so much. Unless they've installed them in the last week. I make that long hike all of the time and I don't recall ever seeing a people mover.

There is normally Pre-Check at E, but they've temporarily moved E security while the main space is under construction and the temporary security does not have full Pre-. They do allow you some Pre- amenities (shoes on, etc.) but you're still better off at D until the regular E security reopens.
I'm sure you're right about the MIA D-E airside connection, it has been 11 months since my only visit. I must be thinking about SLC, and confused them in my mind. Sorry to have spread that confusion to the rest of the world, thanks for the connection correction.
Old Nov 26, 15, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GaryD View Post
No. There is an airside connector with moving sidewalks.

Be aware though that the AA Priority check-in (as well as Flagship Check-in) is closer to the D security entrance than the E, so there's that too.
The moving sidewalks from D (around D32 or so you zip over to the road to the E concourse) are your feet. Moving as if you were on a sidewalk. That itself was not moving. Because there is no moving sidewalk. At least 4 days ago there was not.

However, they finally took out that terrible carpet on the D to E walk so rolling suitcases are easier to drag.

The train from E low gates to the E high gates seems to have been changed to a bus located at E1. They are using the train (or a train, I presume it is the only one) for long rides to Immigration, which is optional and not that much faster, which might be why there is no train to E20-35.

As for entering the E lounge it is amazing to watch the people queue up at the elevator on the left (heading towards the lounge from E1) and not noticing the other one. On Sunday there was a couple that missed the left one, by simply not entering it at all when the doors opened, then I glanced at them running towards mine as the doors shut on mine. Then when they did show up on the 5th floor they were not admitted. They had no status, were flying domestic coach and would not have been eligible for any AA lounge. They seemed shocked that all passengers do not get lounge access included. I left 3 hours later. I am not sure if they figured out how to leave on those elevators by then.
Old Nov 26, 15, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver

Don't forget the sheep factor. I have noticed if someone has a boarding pass for a D gate, to the D security they go. 80% plus of flights are out of D so 80% of people will line up at D security. Nothing prevents you using the E entrance for a D gated flight. I used to use the old C gates for that tiny C terminal after they tore it down but left the security open. I was usually the only person using it.

Most times when I am transiting MIA the crowd at E is rarely a crowd at all, often nearly empty while the D entrances look like people waiting for a Black Friday sale.

In other words if you are stuck outside security it might not hurt to at least have a look at the E entrance vs. D.
Old Nov 27, 15, 8:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
They are installing a brand new train system for the E train, identical cars used on the D train.
Old Nov 27, 15, 8:54 am

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
They are installing a brand new train system for the E train, identical cars used on the D train.
What would be really nice is if they could just make an E branch right off the D line and alleviate the need for that whole walkway corridor between the two.
Old Nov 27, 15, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
What would be really nice is if they could just make an E branch right off the D line and alleviate the need for that whole walkway corridor between the two.
Branching would be complicated, you'd want a layout more like an elliptical track circling D and E, which I am guessing is a bit ambitious to do piecemeal.

Last time I went through E I was fully prepared to NOT Pre-Check, there was very little line there anyway so I figured I'd just stick with it. They gave me a colorful card with a check mark on it or something and when I got to the front of the line I was allowed to NOT unpack my bags, keep shoes on and go through regular detector. Given most of the people ahead of me were BA crew it was a very smooth experience. I'm sure that narrow, temp security area would be a mess around 2 hours to 90 minutes before the BA flights depart, but it's otherwise very chill by the looks of things.
Old Dec 20, 15, 11:59 am

Programs: IB+ Oro
Hey there! I'm Iberia Plus Classic but I will be arriving from Puerto Plata to Terminal D around 5:45PM and I have a business class ticket from MIA to MAD at 10:45PM (on Terminal D too).

Can I access this Lounge on Concourse E? If so, how can I do it? What is the best way to get there?

FYI, I'll need to do baggage claim and pass through security when arriving to MIA (I'm not a US citizen/resident).
Old Dec 20, 15, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Geirinhas View Post
Hey there! I'm Iberia Plus Classic but I will be arriving from Puerto Plata to Terminal D around 5:45PM and I have a business class ticket from MIA to MAD at 10:45PM (on Terminal D too).

Can I access this Lounge on Concourse E? If so, how can I do it? What is the best way to get there?

FYI, I'll need to do baggage claim and pass through security when arriving to MIA (I'm not a US citizen/resident).
Yes, you will have access.

You have two choices after immigration:

If you leave through the international arrivals security, turn left as soon as you get out. Follow the signs to Terminal E. As you get to Terminal E, turn left, there are a bunch of signs pointing you to the duty free stores that are still open during the renovation of the Terminal E security checkpoint. Follow those and the elevators for the Premium lounge are about 30 yards or past the stores.

You can also choose not to go through int'l security and exit to the main hall and then enter through Terminal E security. As long at the E checkpoint is temporarily moved during renovation. I would only do that if the lines are horrendous in int'l security. If you do follow that route, turn left out of the E checkpoint walk toward E and follow the same instructions above.

When the renovations to Terminal E security are done, then you would be better off to enter through there as the Premium Lounge entrance is right there.
Old Jan 6, 16, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geirinhas

Yes, you will have access.

You have two choices after immigration:

If you leave through the international arrivals security, turn left as soon as you get out. Follow the signs to Terminal E. As you get to Terminal E, turn left, there are a bunch of signs pointing you to the duty free stores that are still open during the renovation of the Terminal E security checkpoint. Follow those and the elevators for the Premium lounge are about 30 yards or past the stores.

You can also choose not to go through int'l security and exit to the main hall and then enter through Terminal E security. As long at the E checkpoint is temporarily moved during renovation. I would only do that if the lines are horrendous in int'l security. If you do follow that route, turn left out of the E checkpoint walk toward E and follow the same instructions above.

When the renovations to Terminal E security are done, then you would be better off to enter through there as the Premium Lounge entrance is right there.
Or... if you have AMEX Platinum you can just stay in D and hit the Centurion Lounge by D12. The Premium Lounge in E is better than the ACs but depending on how long your layover is it is a little bit of a hike but not too bad.
Old Jan 6, 16, 2:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Originally Posted by Geirinhas View Post

If your flight to Madrid is at 10.45, it is on Iberia, and Iberia uses Concourse E.
Old Feb 21, 16, 6:40 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Arriving in March from Madrid in First Class; it looks like Terminal N, Gate D28 (or thereabouts). Continuing domestic First Class to my destination from Terminal CE, gate E33.

Am I correct that there is no premium arrivals lounge or AC courtesy access? If not, which AC is suggested for a 1-day pass purchase?

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 16, 9:35 am

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TPA us ff View Post
Arriving in March from Madrid in First Class; it looks like Terminal N, Gate D28 (or thereabouts). Continuing domestic First Class to my destination from Terminal CE, gate E33.

Am I correct that there is no premium arrivals lounge or AC courtesy access? If not, which AC is suggested for a 1-day pass purchase?

Thanks.
They may let you in if you show your arriving BP. I've not been turned down personally. That said, I'd buy a day pass to the Centurion Lounge long before I'd buy one for the AC.
Old Feb 21, 16, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PLT

Thanks.
You will have access to any of the AA lounges. In you're case, I'd go for the E Premium lounge, as that's the concourse you're departing from, and the booze is better. (Also, there's food.)
Old Feb 21, 16, 12:08 pm

Thanks.
+1 on going to the premium lounge in the terminal. As an international F passenger you have access to it as well as the regular AAdmirals clubs.

Search this Thread